Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rumour overnight has it El Generico has signed with WWE. :eek:

34s5500.png

It is a credible source reputation wise but not traditionally an original news source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Roberto Man-helmsley seemingly strikes again. What i'd give to be a fly on the wall in wwe to see what the plan is long term. Right, now i'm going to have a go at guessing his new name...Kourt....Pulley?

Further developments on whether El Generico has signed have been very drip drip. PWTorch confirmed the news with one source at least.

The most interesting thing is late December/early January El Generico was taken out of PWG's DDT4 annual tag tournament due to injury. PWG had been building towards El Generico and Kevin reconciling and reforming their tag team on that show for about six months now. So it was a blow to fans. PWG even announced a replacement to tag with Steen.

Then this morning after the PWP report the PWG offical twitter tweeted:
    Even though he's injured, El Generico insists on being at PWG for DDT4! He's back in the tournament with Kevin Steen!

I guess this is El Generico's farewell appearance? That said Chris Hero ended up having two farewells with PWG. :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Do a Daniel Bryan

Rico El Gene

maybe if more news appears we can start a thread? A place to stick in some videos etc for people to learn more about him.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Do a Daniel Bryan

Rico El Gene

maybe if you get real news rovert start a thread? We can stick in some videos etc for people to learn more about him.

Will do. It is still at the too good to be true stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

"CM Punk, I have lost all respect for you for nor saying no to the writers of the WWE for saying Bruno Sammartino only wrestled once a month in Madison Square Garden. You talk about one of the greatest icons ever in pro wrestling like he was a JOBBER??? You should be ashamed of yourself for not having the self-dignity to say NO to the writers on that line. That line you delivered indicates that I am a big loser like Bruno as well and insults me as I wrestled in the same era as Bruno. This only confirms more that I want my name out of the WWE Hall of Fame.

"How many monthly sell outs have you yourself drawn at Madison Square Garden? Not a PPV or the Raw TV show. Quit talking trash about Bruno. It's an insult to him and all the wrestlers of his era including myself!

"Superstar Billy Graham"

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2013/0109/559332/cm-punk/#ixzz2HUYUiP9L

Billy Graham is a mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

^ Jericho tweet:
    "Dear Superstar Billy Graham, Shut the hell up and stop being such a mark. Your Pal, Chris Jericho"

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

so CM Punk made even some of the marks hate him on Monday.

job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

He knew exactly what he was doing with his Sammartino line. If Billy didnt get it, then shame but tough titti!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

xpletiv wrote: »
    He knew exactly what he was doing with his Sammartino line. If Billy didnt get it, then shame but tough titti!

Of all the champs out there i think Punk has paid his due's in the indies and also paid them in WWE.Between been an extra in Cena's WM intro a few year's ago too working in WWECW.Also Punk is an out and out mark.He knows the history of this game and the Sammartino line was just too get heat i think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

thankfully he knew better than to say something about hulk hogie, there would have been war

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

srm23 wrote: »
    thankfully he knew better than to say something about hulk hogie, there would have been war

He did talk about Hulk and how he had it 'easy' not doing TLC matches and things like that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Horrible news:
    http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=74573
    WWE star Tyson Kidd (TJ Wilson), who was dubbed a "workhorse" by CM Punk on his promo this past Monday, will be out of action 10-12 months.

We're still working on details of exactly when this happened but Kidd suffered a fractured knee and a torn ACL over the holiday house show loop.

Kidd's team with Justin Gabriel had regularly been one of the best parts of WWE's secondary TV programming like Superstars, so this is a real blow to those shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ah, disappointed to hear this. He and Gabriel were really gelling well the last while and I figured a tag title opportunity this year was a possibility.

Wonder where this leaves Gabriel. I'd actually love it if they dropped Jinder from 3MB and replaced him with Gabriel.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Wonder where this leaves Gabriel.

Heel turn. Have him cut the "What do you do to a Workhorse when it break it's leg?" promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

must be a work, he'll run in during the WWE title match at the rumble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Ah balls no luck for him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

A torn ACL is a career threatening injury isn't it? and a fractured knee just makes it worse.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    A torn ACL is a career threatening injury isn't it? and a fractured knee just makes it worse.

Would certainly ground a flyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Congratulations to three-time WWE Champion, New York Times best-selling author and Hardcore Legend Mick Foley, the first Superstar announced for the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame! Be there when Mrs. Foley’s Baby Boy is inducted in New York City’s Madison Square Garden.
    MORE DETAILS: http://wwe.me/gK9Uf

Good for him! He deserves it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I thought he was in it already, for some reason.

Anyway, well done to Mick.

PWInsider and Wrestlezone have independently reported that WWE are releasing people today. Boo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Trent Baretta gone now.
    Waiting for JTG any moment now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

rovert wrote: »
    PWInsider and Wrestlezone have independently reported that WWE are releasing people today. Boo!

The first WWE release confirmed is Trent Baretta.
    Baretta was signed to a developmental deal in 2008 and first appeared on the main roster of the company as one half of the Dudebusters with Caylen Croft.

After Croft was released from the company, Baretta moved into a low level singles run, most notably getting a surprise win over Drew McIntyre in 2011.

Baretta was forced out of the ring later that year with a torn biceps, leading to a "Where's Trent" joke online amongst WWE talents, including Zack Ryder's Youtube series. Even after he recovered, he was only used sparingly by WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

No loss there, especially not with the talent they have been signing lately.

WWE 2013 PPV Dates and Locations (from the WWE site so apologies for the American date system)

* Royal Rumble - 1/27/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    * Elimination Chamber - 2/17/13 - New Orleans, LA
    * WrestleMania - 4/7/13 - East Rutherford, NJ
    * Extreme Rules - 5/19/13 - St. Louis, MO
    * TBD - 6/16/13 - Chicago, IL
    * Money In The Bank - 7/14/13 - Philadelphia, PA
    * SummerSlam - 8/18/13 - Los Angeles, CA
    * Night Of Champions - 9/15/13 - Detroit, MI
    * Over The Limit - 10/6/13 - Buffalo, NY
    * Hell In A Cell - 10/27/13 - Miami, FL
    * Survivor Series - 11/24/13 - Boston, MA
    * TLC - 12/15/13 - Houston, TX

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

What used to be TBD?

Also, is it just me or does Wrestlemania get later every year?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Guess we'll need a spring cleaning topic soon then :(

Hearing Ryder is also likely gone, though unsure if it's a firing or he went of his own accord...l

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    What used to be TBD?

Also, is it just me or does Wrestlemania get later every year?

Last year, TBD was No Way Out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Jericho on Mania 25.
    Former WWE Star Chris Jericho talked about the original plans for him at WrestleMania 25 during an appearance on Inside The Ropes.

"The original plan was to work with Mickey Rourke in a singles match but he was so excited about it he went and said something about it at like the Screen Actors Guild Red Carpet. My cousin txt me saying “Are you wrestling Mickey Rourke? He just challenged you on the red carpet” This was like 3 weeks before the Oscars. We were going to announce it after the Oscars but once he said it, his people were mortified and thought it might hurt his chances of winning, so he had to pull out and he didn’t even win the Oscar so it was a bit of a drag. We even already started going in that direction and then he said “no” Then Vince came up with this Plan B with the Legends with Flair who’d retired the year before, he’d be the ring leader and it was gonna be Piper, Jimmy Snuka and Greg Valentine because Vince’s criteria was it had to be a guy who was in the WWE Hall of Fame and had appeared at WrestleMania 1. Hogan’s name was never mentioned. At one point they talked about Jerry Lawler but he didn’t fit because he wasn’t in WrestleMania 1. I was looking at it like me and Piper, Snuka and Greg Valentine, this match is gonna be ****. I said that to Vince, i told him it won’t be good and he said “it’s not supposed to be good” I told him I understand that but instead of putting Greg Valentine in there could we put Ricky Steamboat in there. Ricky had just started working there again at the time. He hadn’t wrestled and he didn’t even own his own name, his ex wife owned the name so they had to get something figured out, there was a little bit of heat there too, and Vince finally allowed Ricky to come in and we did it and it was amazing. He made it.

Thank god Jericho got Steamboat to replace Valentine. I enjoyed watching Steamboat and his match at Backlash (or whatever the following PPV was) against Jericho was pretty good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement