Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

airmax87 wrote: »
    Steve Blackman, Just added to the alumini on WWE.com.. just in time for the rumble perhaps?

hall of fame???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Scotty 2 Hottys coming to main stage wrestling in tallaght !

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Cleaned up this thread. If you want to chat about a news article, make a new topic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

mll7iu.png

Sadly for my enjoyment this isn't a real public addressing down but seemingly a start of an angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Jericho probably returning for another Mania payoff, what an amazing coincidence.
    ;-)

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    Jericho probably returning for another Mania payoff, what an amazing coincidence.
    ;-)

In fairness this is the week WWE in order to have enough depth on house shows they brought Swagger, Riley and Fandagoo out of the moth balls. As well as bring back New Age Outlaws and a pot bellied Jamie Noble. As well flying Ryback, Bryan, Kane and the Shield to open a house show in Detriot to Chicago to close another house show. I think Jericho has leverage don't you! ;)

rovert wrote: »
    In fairness this is the week WWE in order to have enough depth on house shows they brought Swagger, Riley and Fandagoo out of the moth balls. As well as bring back New Age Outlaws and a pot bellied Jamie Noble. As well flying Ryback, Bryan, Kane and the Shield to open a house show in Detriot to Chicago to close another house show. I think Jericho has leverage don't you! ;)

Jaysus the poor 6 lads who had to do that, its pure desperate. I never read the house reports but Heyman was in 'action' too or was at least to be booked vs Ryback. Not to mention my friends Flair and Mankind resurfacing. WWE must of had to make the call to him this year.
    On another note Fandangoo has turned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Woah, I didn't understand what rovert said there, they had the New Age Outlaws wrestling on a house show, and Jamie Noble? Sounds nostalgic. I wouldn't have minded seeing them, really. As for Jack Swagger and Alex Riley, they should be permanent fixtures on the road I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

There is no excuse for having guys doing double duty in different cities. They have easily 60 odd wrestlers on the roster. Taking injuries and whatnot into account, they should still be at least around the 40 mark. Have the shield wrestle three singles matches, that's nearly half the card done already. House shows don't mean anything, just stick a babyface against a heel, there doesn't need to be a reason.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10029021.shtml
    Spoiler results for Monday Night Raw, taped earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    There is no excuse for having guys doing double duty in different cities. They have easily 60 odd wrestlers on the roster. Taking injuries and whatnot into account, they should still be at least around the 40 mark. Have the shield wrestle three singles matches, that's nearly half the card done already. House shows don't mean anything, just stick a babyface against a heel, there doesn't need to be a reason.

Its not that simple though, people will stop going to house shows if they don't see 'star' names. Especially Smackdown who are missing both Orton and Rey while Henry and Christian are long term missing.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Its not that simple though, people will stop going to house shows if they don't see 'star' names. Especially Smackdown who are missing both Orton and Rey while Henry and Christian are long term missing.

Cena, Punk, Sheamus, Big Show, Bryan, Kane, Del Rio, Ryback, Ziggler, no shortage of big names and thats without Orton, Mysterio, Henry and Christian and probably forgetting a few.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Cena, Punk, Sheamus, Big Show, Bryan, Kane, Del Rio, Ryback, Ziggler, no shortage of big names and thats without Orton, Mysterio, Henry and Christian and probably forgetting a few.

Punk is injured as well.

So that leaves RAW with Cena, Bryan, Kane (People expect to see them as a duo), Ryback and Ziggler. One Heel.

Smackdown with Sheamus, Big Show, Del Rio and Miz. Again one heel.

So I see why they moved the big heel names around. They probably shouldn't have turned Miz and Del Rio so close together in time.

If they did Cena v Random unimportant Heel the paying public wouldn't be impressed.

Anyhow, this isn't the thread for this, so i won't derail anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Just bring back Masters and wham bam you got star power.:)

If I was in wwe's shoes i'd bring up Ohno and go out and get Jeff Hardy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

If I was in wwe's shoes i'd bring up Ohno and go out and get Jeff Hardy Aries

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

If I was in wwe's shoes i'd bring up Ohno and go out and get Jeff Hardy.

Jeff is happy in TNA i think.

Jeff says he is staying in TNA. Basically he said he felt more wanted.

WWE rejected Aries for Tough Enough. Doubt he'd even consider them after that.

fyp
    They had their chance but bafflingly turned him down for Tough Enough.... Andy? or was it Adam? Levine was a great winner though.
    Rjd2 wrote: »
    Jeff is happy in TNA i think.
    I know that and I hope he stays but i'm suprised wwe hasn't been knocking his door down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Just bring back Masters and wham bam you got star power.:)

Isnt he "The Muscle" in Ace's & Eights

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Matt Fowler of Showrenirty.com recently quoted The Rock regarding his match at WrestleMania 29.

“The storyline will be that starting this coming Monday [for RAW], I’m gonna go back, and it’s going to be a big return. That will lead to, hopefully, what will be the biggest WrestleMania of all time at Giants Stadium. I will headline that show, with someone who I can’t say right now. We’ve got an amazing four months lined up and planned out that will culminate in the biggest WrestleMania of all time. It’s going to be a hell of a thing.”

Fowler got the quote from Rock while he was at the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour to promote The Hero.

http://nodq.com/wwe/359374000.shtml

Sounds DEADlyMAN

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Sounds DEADlyMAN

Hyped for Undertaker's gong interrupting a Rock Concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

January 7th seems way too early for Taker to return.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don't think they'll tease Rock's Mania match until after he's dealt with Punk and the Rumble match...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

rovert wrote: »
    Hyped for Undertaker's gong breaking glass interrupting a Rock Concert.

One can dream anyway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What was the no chat rule again? Move on please.

Thread split.

9bb0q8.png

Seems like he is pursuing acting full time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Doomed when TNA turned him heel, his in ring work was never up to scratch either.

• Advertisement

Good now I can take a shot at Pope when I tell my brother he's gone. After I remind him he was still under contract.
    Anyway if the Smackdown results on ProWrestling.net are to be believed a big result went down on the show
    http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10029158.shtml

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement