Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How can they be The Shield if they keep beating up Vic Mackey? Though Ryback is taller. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Reigns looks impressive,Ambrose looks like a fat version of Doug Stanhope and Seth Rollins looks like a homosexual pirate.

Ambrose more then makes up for that with his talent. Where as Reigns may just be a guy with A good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Interesting tidbits from a recent jericho interview:

The reason behind him not talking for a month on TV when he came back to WWE in 2012:
    "It was Vince’s idea for me to come out and not say anything and I knew when I came back people would be cheering me because I’d been gone for so long. So I thought what's the best way to take away what the people want? People wanna hear this character speak. So I thought what if I just don’t talk? So it was Vince’s idea for me to not say anything and it went so well to the point where I said why don’t I just not talk for the entire month on the air or whatever and that’s kinda what we did."

Thoughts on people posting spoilers online like the picture of him at Nashville Airport or news leaking that Brock was in talks with WWE:
    "I think that people feel entitled nowadays because of the internet. They think they have the right to know what’s going on even before it happens and with that picture in Nashville, I was 250 miles away so who could say I would’ve been going to Raw? I could’ve been in Nashville or Atlanta but I think it peaked the fans interest."

"It’s funny though because that picture of me ended up being super imposed of me like walking down abbey road with The Beatles, I was standing at the JFK assassination, the pyramids of Egypt, all these funny things of like ‘Oh, where’s Jericho?’... I think if you don’t wanna read spoilers then don’t go online. I think there’s a small amount of people who watch every week that read the spoilers, just like a small amount that read Billboard Magazine if you’re a musician or Variety magazine if you’re an actor. But I think the majority of people don’t really give a **** and they just wanna watch and see how it unfolds. That’s the way I am. If I go to a movie, I don’t wanna know the ending or know the plot before I see it. I wanna watch it the way it was meant to be seen."

How he almost quit the WWF the night he won the title from Triple H in 2000:
    I remember the week before I lost to Viscera on Sunday Night Heat and I was like 'This is it,' I was pissed off, I was ready to quit. I showed up that day and I told one of the writers 'I’m done, this is bull****.' At that point, I wanted to go, nobody was forcing me to quit, I just wasn’t doing anything. Brian (Gewirtz) told me, 'Maybe you should wait before you go talk to him.'

"He said, 'You’re gonna win the title tonight.' I think it was a test to see what the crowd would do. I think if Vince knew how the crowd would react he might not have had me lose it later that night but it was the first test that I had that I passed with flying colors, not just with Vince but with Triple H as well. It was the first time I’d had a great match in WWE. Even though I lost, I won that night. That's what led to my last man standing match with Triple H."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Might be news to some but Jake the Snake Roberts now has a youtube account

http://www.youtube.com/user/JakeSnakeDDT

Seems to be doin a lot better under DDPs supervision

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

No surprises who is on the Royal Rumble Poster!!

rumble.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dale "Buddy Roberts" Hey passed away at the age of 65.
    Hey was best known as one-third of the Fabulous Freebirds. Along with his
    partners, Michael Hayes and the late Terry Gordy, the trio had a legendary feud
    with The Von Erich family in World Class
    Championship Wrestling in the 80's. Roberts also had stints in the WWF, AWA and
    UWF, before retiring in 1988.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

RIP

I for one cannot wait for the Michael Hayes tribute song.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

No Ascension anymore?

Kenneth Cameron supposedly got the boot for getting arrested, he was removed from FCW/NXT website

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ascension_%28professional_wrestling%29

Maybe someone else will be put into the team?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Might be news to some but Jake the Snake Roberts now has a youtube account

http://www.youtube.com/user/JakeSnakeDDT

Seems to be doin a lot better under DDPs supervision
    DDP's yoga seems to be really going somewhere, Jericho credits it with saving his career after he suffered an injury on Dancing with the stars...or whatever the **** it's called. ;-)

It also helped some disabled chap lose a shed load of weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yeah but yoga is the key factor there, not Dallas Page. It is a good way of losing weight and keeping the body and mind in a good condition. Not that I have ever done it, mind you. I lived with a girl for a year that was into all that sort of stuff. Far too healthy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Royal Rumble Poster

Shock horror, I expect to see him back before the new year to stir it up with Punk, It's clear he's going to win the title, Does this mean another showdown with Cena at WM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

From F4W online:
    The 10/28 Hell in a Cell PPV was an unexpected huge success, doing 152,000 domestic buys and 48,000 overseas for a total of 200,000, based on first company estimates that came out this week.

The domestic number was only slightly shy of the year-high 159,000 for a "B" show set by Backlash, which featured the return of Brock Lesnar, in a match with John Cena. The number beat the 2011 Money in the Bank domestic number after the C.M. Punk promo (146,000), and this number would have to be considered the greatest real success to date for a show that Punk has headlined.

The numbers were up 55% domestically from the 98,000 number last year, but down 43% internationally from the 84,000 last year, for an overall increase of 9.9%

There are a lot of different factors to look at here, which all played a part. This year's Hell in a Cell had a seven week build since Night of Champions, since WWE eliminated the Vengeance show from this year's schedule.

Last year, Hell in a Cell came two weeks after Night of Champions. It's a proven fact that it's very difficult to draw with a two week break, and even a three week break usually leads to shows doing a lower number. Whether seven weeks makes it easier than four weeks isn't really proven since it has happened so rarely.

This is definitely good news for those who advocate for less PPVs! Bear in mind Hell In A Cell was the only PPV this year without Cena, making those numbers even more impressive. Ryback and Punk deserve credit too of course along with the Hell In A Cell concept but no doubt the 7 week buildup played the biggest part.

For me, it also shows that fans are crying out for new main event guys.

Also they called Extreme Rules Backlash!!:p

It's a pity all those people watching couldn't be rewarded with a new champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The longer build clearly helped. The PPV's cost something like $40 to $50 over there. Having nearly two months between shows makes it more attractive since you didnt just pay for one the week before.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Overall up by less than 10 per cent.

Hardly worth cutting the no of PPVs from a commercial point of view for a 10 per cent increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

- WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair recently spoke with WrestleNewz.com in an exclusive two-part interview. In the first part, The Nature Boy discusses WWE's current product, his future, what he has left to contribute, some of WWE's current talents and lots more.

Flair was asked if he will wrestle again:

WNZ: Will we see you wrestle again?

Ric Flair: I want to be in the ring, but it will never happen again. I said I'd never wrestle in WWE... and then there's the Jerry Lawler incident.

WNZ: So Lawler's heart attack has changed the perception of older wrestlers continuing to perform?

Ric Flair: Yeah, it really did. I like Jerry very much. What happened to Jerry was terrible, and thank God he's OK. But I wish people wouldn't gauge me by what happened to him. Everybody's an individual. But I think it kind of put a decision on my future in the ring, you know what I mean? And that's fine, because I went back to the ring in TNA, and that will never happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I hate to say it, but if there was ever anyone who I thought might end up having a heart attack in the ring, it's Ric Flair. That guy to me has been a liability in the ring for years now. So it's kind've funny that he talked about the Lawler incident the way he did.

Anyway I don't know if it actually counts as news, but I was on Williams Regal's twitter page and he said that he's being accused of being a child abuser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is now being scheduled to appear at WWE Monday Night Raw tapings on 1/7 and 1/21. Rock was previously advertised for Raw tapings on 1/28 and 2/18.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I know logic has long since gone out the window for WWE, but in theory should Punk not have to vacate the WWE title under the 30 day rule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

I know logic has long since gone out the window for WWE, but in theory should Punk not have to vacate the WWE title under the 30 day rule?
    That one has always been relentlessly violated though.

It's just really a get out of jail card for any situation where they're seriously ****ed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I never thought it was a situation that they had to seek out a challenge, more so that if one was offered they must be eligible, i.e. if you're injured for more than a month or you somehow refuse or avoid matches.
    Surely that makes logical sense to anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

That one has always been relentlessly violated though.

It's just really a get out of jail card for any situation where they're seriously ****ed.

They usually only pluck that 30 day rule out when creative seemed to be at a block.

Remember Primo and Epico lost their rematch because they didn't ask for it within 30 days...yet John Cena and Punk can wait months for theirs...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Uploaded on WWE youtube fan page.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,852 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Creative has nothing, creative has nothing,creative has nothing for you

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Some highlights from The Rock's Q&A on Twitter

Facing CM Punk at The Royal Rumble: "I can't wait to face @CMPunk for the @WWE Championship at Royal Rumble. Been training for months for this moment.."

His favorite artist: "Sam Cooke is my fav artist. #Soul I love ALL genres of music - from hip hop to orchestral to traditional country.."

If he would post for Playgirl: "I'd pose for Playgirl, but there just ain't enough pages to showcase me baby! << TONS of cheese on that answer.;)."

His upcoming movies: "Im excited for all my 2013 movies: SNITCH, GI JOE, PAIN & GAIN & FAST 6. Tons of hard work & eager for you to see... FAST 6 is gonna be killer. Stakes are higher, cars are cooler and Im tougher than a 2 dollar steak well done. Michael Bay's PAIN & GAIN is a very unique & cool movie. The most challenging role I've ever played. April 2013."

His new show on TNT, The Hero: "I wanted to create @TheHeroTNT to entertain millions & give people a shot at personal greatness. We shoot in FEB!"

His favorite co-star: "In Hollywood, I've been lucky to work w/ so many talented & beautiful leading ladies, but #JulieAndrewsIsQueen"

Future plans: "As an actor, producer or even in @WWE - the goal is to be a positive force & entertain the world. And keep growin!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Source

And keep growin!"

I hope he doesn't mean this literally, he needs to slim the fcuk down.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Slammies are next week on Raw!

WWE.com has released the following information on the categories and hashtags for this years slammy awards.

Superstar of the Year, Breakout Star of the Year, Trending Now Award – (Hashtag of the Year), Comeback of the Year, Kiss of the Year, "Tell me I did NOT just see that" – (The Most Shocking Moment of the Year), LOL Moment of the Year and Match of the Year.

WWE is encouraging fans use the following hashtags when tweeting:

Superstar of the Year (#WWESuperstar2012)

Breakout Star of the Year (#WWEBreakout)

Trending Now (#WWETrendOfYear)

Comeback of the Year (#WWEComeback)

Kiss of the Year (#WWEKiss)

"Tell me I did NOT just see that" (#WWEMostShocking)

LOL Moment of the Year (#WWELOL)

Match of the Year (#WWEMatchOfYear)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Comeback of the Year (#WWEComeback) Jerry Lawler

Kiss of the Year (#WWEKiss)
    Kane & AJ

"Tell me I did NOT just see that" (#WWEMostShocking)
    Teddy Long turning a tag match into a 4-way

LOL Moment of the Year (#WWELOL)
    Sandow calling DX "Rude"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement