Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

- WWE is seeking new Divas. According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE has sent requests to agents of aspiring actresses and they will interview and cast in October.

- Kaval has been working with a shoulder injury.

- The Usos are receiving backstage praise from the wrestlers as far as their working ability with so little experience.

- WWE has signed Brian Button, 26, to a developmental deal for the third time. He has worked as Kris Logan and Brian Cage in the past. He was last under contract to WWE in September 2008.

credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Will they ever learn?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

seems to say the same things in all his interviews - bit like the old kayfabe days

http://www.go386.com/go/2010/07/sheamus-ready-to-rumble-in-daytona.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Further proof that Cena is a class act outside the ring.:)
    http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/7/20/1579261/john-cena-should-let-the-fans-see
    John Cena - might be more universally liked by wrestling fans if he let them see more of the real him.
    For five long years now John Cena has remarkably been the top babyface of WWE. Rightly so, because he's beloved by women and kids everywhere. However, despite his in ring working ability improving leaps and bounds over the years, he's never fully shaken off the smark backlash to his 2005 megapush, partly caused in my opinion by certain opponents of his, such as Kurt Angle and Triple H, being more concerned with popping the crowd, making themselves and stealing his spot, than properly putting him over. Still, many adult male fans view him as an obnoxious phony poser, an image WWE unfortunately abets by scripting him to say so much annoying, snarky comedy. Though Cena often doesn't help himself either, by continuing his over the top charades via Twitter and coming across as a complete carny shill in many media interviews. Maybe he could finally shake off that backlash for good, if he allowed fans to see more of the real him.

I'm going to break kayfabe for a second and reveal a big secret that Cena doesn't want out there, he's actually a humble, private man who goes out of his way for charitable causes and to make sick children's dreams come true. Cena has now granted wishes for an amazing 178 kids for the Make a Wish Foundation and seems to genuinely treasure his charity work:

Being involved with the Make a Wish Foundation is a blessing itself. The goal of Make a Wish is to let these kids have one day where they are so excited they have not a care in the world. And when they see you, they lose track of their normal lives and enjoy themselves for a day with no worries.

He gave similar candid thoughts in another piece about him meeting two ill fans last Sunday before the Money In The Bank PPV:

"The kids who ask for you, they really want to see you," said Cena, who is also promoting a personally designed coffee cup with proceeds going to Make-a-Wish. "They want to be involved with the product, and I love what I do. ... It makes the experience wonderful for the kids and me.

Dave Meltzer, when discussing this story yesterday, confirmed that the real John Cena is actually a lot nicer than his public persona often allows him to be:

Want to mention two things about this. First, the vast vast majority of the work Cena does is without any publicity and I can tell you as a fact he doesn't want publicity. There are things I could say that would give you a very favorable opinion of Cena and he doesn't want them out, but he is not someone who does this for pub. My feeling is if it was up to him, even this wouldn't get out. However, there is a reason some of his work does get out and some people understand why, but just saying it is not his call, at least when it comes to instances I'm aware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Further proof that Cena is a class act outside the ring.:)
    http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/7/20/1579261/john-cena-should-let-the-fans-see

Although I'm not much of a Cena fan, of all the wrestler's that I've met, he's been one of the most humble and always has time for pictures, autographs and a few words with each of his fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Balasubbie

WWE have released their PPV schedule for the first 8 months of 2011.

January 30th – Royal Rumble
    February 27th – Elimination Chamber
    April 3rd – WrestleMania 27
    May 1st – Extreme Rules
    May 22nd – Over the Limit
    June 19th – Fatal 4 Way
    July 17th – Money in the Bank
    August 14th – SummerSlam

It should be noted that Jeff Jarrett said that he wanted to do a TNA PPV on June 19th in celebration of TNA's 10th anniversary

It's actually TNA's 9th anniversary, it was founded in the summer of '02. It won't kill'em to move back a week or forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

ayatollah wrote: »
    seems to say the same things in all his interviews - bit like the old kayfabe days

http://www.go386.com/go/2010/07/sheamus-ready-to-rumble-in-daytona.html
    Sheamus wrote:
    I started wrestling in Ireland in the United Kingdom in 2005.

sorry, what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    WWE Diva and former WWE Women's Champion Melina recently told the Between The Ropes pro wrestling radio show that she will be returning to the ring this Wednesday for the WWE developmental territory, Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW).
    Melina has been on the shelf since having surgery to repair a torn ACL she suffered several months ago.

Melina made her return to WWE programming during Monday’s television taping in San Antonio, Texas. She performed a run-in following a Six-Diva Tag Match pitting Alicia Fox, Jillian and Tamina against Eve, Gail Kim and Natalya, attacking the Divas Champion. Her return will be televised during next Monday’s episode of Raw.

It was her first appearance inside a WWE ring since she underwent surgery for a torn ACL suffered last December. She spent the past few weeks at the company’s developmental facility in Tampa, Florida training for her return.

WWE creative brass initially planned on inserting Melina into the ongoing John Morrison vs. Ted DiBiase program as means to feature mixed tag matches, but said plans were nixed last week. Instead, she will going after Fox’s Divas Championship. A three-way feud between Melina, Fox and Eve is tentatively planned, though Maryse may be put in the mix.

Meanwhile, Maryse and DiBiase’s “power couple” placement is an offshoot of plans initially tapped for the French beauty and The Miz last year. Plans were changed when Maryse took a hiatus to recover from knee surgery and Miz got over well enough with the audience that she was no longer needed by his side. Maryse was ultimately placed with DiBiase in an effort to get him over.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

sorry, what now?

Presumably a mis-quote that should read "Ireland and the United Kingdom"...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

-- There's a rumor going around that WWE changed their logo for the RAW opening for tomorrow night and have officially gotten rid of their "scratch" Attitude-era logo to a more PG-friendly logo. The new logo looks like their pre-Attitude era logo, but without the "F." Whether the rumor is true remains to be seen.

fd6eeee173f422bce1bfadfae6ec34e0.jpg?v=106200

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I hope not, their current logo is pretty iconic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

The current logo stopped fitting with the times years ago! About time for a change, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Maybe they'll get rid of the spinner too :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

guys there has been a lot of chat in this thread over recent weeks, not enough for any one topic to derail the overall topic but i want to nip it in the bud now and remind people that if any one piece of news is in your opinion worthy of its own discussion then you should start a thread on it.

it does afterall specify ***NO CHAT*** in the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Former WWE Champion Batista announced last night on Monday Night Mayhem that he is working on a project to raise awareness for cancer research, "Batista vs. Cancer." Batista filmed an eight-minute video drawing attention to ovarian cancer in an effort to raise money for research. His ex-wife, Angie, recently went through a battle with ovarian cancer.

"Batista vs. Cancer??." :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Former WWE Champion Batista announced last night on Monday Night Mayhem that he is working on a project to raise awareness for cancer research, "Batista vs. Cancer." Batista filmed an eight-minute video drawing attention to ovarian cancer in an effort to raise money for research. His ex-wife, Angie, recently went through a battle with ovarian cancer.

"Batista vs. Cancer??." :pac::pac:

Oh you are cruel but also kinda funny.I hope Batista doesn`t do a Dawn Marie with the money he does like the expensive lifestyle.Did anyone here see that Dixie Carter has a shoot interview dvd out.How ishe going to answer hopefully educated questions , i`m not sure being a butterface could come across on a dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source: The Figure Four Weekly Newsletter

-- Any kind of talk or discussion about Paul Heyman coming to TNA has been described has quieting down dramatically in the last few weeks within the company. The general feeling at this point is that he isn't coming in. Given Heyman's comments in the media about any interest in TNA, it really isn't that surprising.

-- Team 3D's contracts are up within the next month or two and the team is currently negotiating new deals with TNA. Neither Brother Ray or Brother Devon were said to be high on the concept of the ECW-themed Hardcore Justice PPV this month.

-- According to Shawn Michaels on Twitter, he was backstage at last wwek's RAW tapings in San Antonio. He said he was watching the show with "The Boss" who is assumed to be Vince McMahon. Several people within WWE told F4WOnline.com that Michaels was NOT there. What this means is either he wasn't there or WWE went out of their way to hide him from public view for whatever reason.

-- As many of you know by now, there has been a rumored “new WWE logo” going around the internet. According to Bryan Alvarez, it's unknown if the one online is legit but WWE has been playing around with a new logo and have been talking about debuting it on the 900th RAW this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10013354.shtml
    -The Over The Limit pay-per-view scored 197,000 buys, which is down from the 228,000 buys that the Judgment Day pay-per-view drew around the same time in 2009.

-The Extreme Rules pay-per-view drew 182,000 buys, which is down from the 213,000 buys the same title earned in 2009.

-The Fatal Four Way pay-per-view drew 143,000 buys, which is down from the 178,000 buys that The Bash event drew around the same time in 2009.

That's not a pretty picture.

-- Any kind of talk or discussion about Paul Heyman coming to TNA has been described has quieting down dramatically in the last few weeks within the company. The general feeling at this point is that he isn't coming in. Given Heyman's comments in the media about any interest in TNA, it really isn't that surprising.

Well thats it,how long do you give TNA now they haven't a clue how to run a company or a buisness.I'm thinking they'll be gone by at least this time next year.No PPV structure,not building for the future & the Worst Booking Team in the History of pro Wrestling.

GTR63 wrote: »
    I'm thinking they'll be gone by at least this time next year.No PPV structure,not building for the future & the Worst Booking Team in the History of pro Wrestling.

All those factors were in place in 2007 and TNA is still here three years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Our chosen one SHEAMUS will be on SkySportsNews today at around 6.30 according to the info bar. Fella.

• Advertisement

-- Team 3D's contracts are up within the next month or two and the team is currently negotiating new deals with TNA. Neither Brother Ray or Brother Devon were said to be high on the concept of the ECW-themed Hardcore Justice PPV this month.

-- According to Shawn Michaels on Twitter, he was backstage at last wwek's RAW tapings in San Antonio. He said he was watching the show with "The Boss" who is assumed to be Vince McMahon. Several people within WWE told F4WOnline.com that Michaels was NOT there. What this means is either he wasn't there or WWE went out of their way to hide him from public view for whatever reason.

-- As many of you know by now, there has been a rumored “new WWE logo” going around the internet. According to Bryan Alvarez, it's unknown if the one online is legit but WWE has been playing around with a new logo and have been talking about debuting it on the 900th RAW this year.
    chordtype wrote: »
    Our chosen one SHEAMUS will be on SkySportsNews today at around 6.30 according to the info bar. Fella.

YES,i'm a happy Fella after hearing that. Hope he talks GAA to confuse them & has a few digs at the Engerlish.

All those factors were in place in 2007 and TNA is still here three years later.

In 2007 they didn't have Flair,Hogan,Rvd, Bischoff,Hardy & a few other overpayed talents though.(you can't pay them huge sums while drawing 1.2 at Best).They may not be on Multi Million Dollar Contracts but they are overpayed while I imagine the likes of MCMG's & Beer Money are on Peanuts in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

In 2007 they didn't have Flair,Hogan,Rvd, Bischoff,Hardy

Exactly. They've been doing something right.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Exactly. They've been doing something right.

I Hope your not saying they've been good aquisitons.Hardy is fat & could be in Prison soon,Rvd has been phoning it in for a few years now,Hogan & Bischoff have arrived & somehow made the product even worse.I wasn't watching Wrestling in Flair peak years but he has tarnished any reputation he had.
    What a send off he had & he ruined it by embarrasing himself every week with Senile promos & dreadful matches.

In 2007 they didn't have Flair,Hogan,Rvd, Bischoff,Hardy & a few other overpayed talents though.(you can't pay them huge sums while drawing 1.2 at Best).They may not be on Multi Million Dollar Contracts but they are overpayed while I imagine the likes of MCMG's & Beer Money are on Peanuts in comparison.

But the sad fact is that more people come to see Hardy and RVD than Beer Money and The Guns.

But the sad fact is that more people come to see Hardy and RVD than Beer Money and The Guns.

Don't agree really the ratings haven't went up at all for Jeff Lardy or Rob Van couldn't give a Dam despite them debuting months ago in Flat segments.Its TNA's fault no-one watches it & they throw money at big names of Yesteryear for a quick bit of attention that offers no value long or short term.

Don't agree really the ratings haven't went up at all for Jeff Lardy or Rob Van couldn't give a Dam despite them debuting months ago in Flat segments.Its TNA's fault no-one watches it & they throw money at big names of Yesteryear for a quick bit of attention that offers no value long or short term.

Hardy is hardly a name from yesteryear. More people will go to a house show if Hardy and RVD are on the marquee than if Beer Money and The Guns are, RVD and Hardy sell more merch. Hardy and RVD have been just as badly booked as The Guns and Beer Money but at the end of the day it's Hardy and RVD that bring in more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lads, no chat means no chat. If ye want to discuss it, start a thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Bishoff on some of tna's current activities:
    Why the recent "extreme" revival in TNA/this Sunday night's HardCORE Justice Pay-Per-View "is not ECW" & why TNA is not trying to recreate it: "Let's make a couple of things really clear. This is not ECW. ECW was around on TNN for 12 months...that's it. I know it's grown in mythology and in the minds of people, but it lasted on TNA for 12 or 13 months. It found a home because it found a niche. It was a very violent, gritty, & very cool in many respects, and I'm not cutting it down in any way because it was different. To Paul E's credit, he found a way to make what he was doing and the limitations he had to work with, and he was able to make a product that was different, and fans liked it because it was different. TNA, or WWE, or anyone that has to make money with a brand isn't going to be able to resort to the level of violence & the presentation that they got used back on TNN. It's just not possible. I want to make clear that this is not ECW, and we are not trying to re-create ECW. People that are getting so hung up on this ECW comparison are getting lost in their own mythology."

Why he is in favor of the ECW angle at this point & whether or not the current crop of TNA stars are being overshadowed as a result of it: "I don't know if it's taking any money out of Sting's pockets, or taking money out of Jay Lethal's pockets, or anybody's pockets. Jay Lethal is probably enjoying one of the better stages of his career as of late. I don't think you'll hear Jay Lethal complain about it. It's a great story, it's great for TNA, and the ratings are up, which is good for everybody. It's good for business, and when business is good, everybody prospers."

The morale of the TNA locker room & the reaction from Spike TV after the most recent iMPACT ratings were made public: "Other than Vince Russo, who I speak to daily, I haven't really talked to anybody since the rating came out. I'm sure that everyone is excited. I've had several conversations with the folks at Spike TV, and I know everyone is excited. In terms of the talent, I really haven't had a chance to talk to them."

Why he believes that Vince McMahon would not put him into the WWE Hall of Fame, even if he was not under contract to TNA right now: "I don't. I like Vince, and I respect Vince, but he's his own unique animal, and there's certain parts of history that neither he or some of the key people around him will ever forget, and I think that history, even if I wasn't with TNA, would probably preclude me from being involved. I'm sure I'd get an invitation to come, but I don't think Vince McMahon would ever, under any circumstances, give that spotlight away."

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/bischoff-on-ecw-reunion-in-tna-heel-turn-wwe-hof-108593

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement