Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

I see WWE are now using youtube as a means of promos now. Pretty clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Accirding to F4Wonline.com, SmackDown's 1st episode on SyFy will be a dual branded show and will be broadcast live
    --The 7/2 house show in Oklahoma City was canceled. They were told that it would be a bad weekend to run the market. They will be running Oklahoma City on 10/1 which will be the debut of Smackdown on Syfy with a dual brand show live on a Friday night. In the future Smackdown will be taped on Tuesdays for Friday, but the first show will be live, since they are doing a PPV on Sunday in Dallas that weekend. Tickets for 7/2 will be honored on 10/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭AndywK

Eh nobody remember the V1 days?
    Matt has been promoing on the net for yonks

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The following are some excerpts from a new interview with former WWE Diva Trish Stratus:
    On today's Divas: “Today, I see the girls doing each other’s moves. They should go to the videogame and play the character! Everyone has their own signature moves!”
    On the "next" Trish: “When I saw Melina debut with M-N-M, I remember thinking that was the new T&A. But she was so much sexier than me, when she came in with that split! I was like, ‘Damn, that is hot!’”
    On her legacy: “When WWE aired a package talking about how WrestleMania was the place where legends were made, and it mentioned Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, and Trish Stratus, it was shocking to me. Whether that’s accurate or just WWE marketing, it’s pretty awesome.”
    On the possibility of a comeback: “I always want to do something that is challenging and impactful, no matter what I do … Absolutely, I’d go back—but only if I could do something that makes a difference.”
    Check out the full interview at ProWrestlingIllustrated.blogspot.com.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

remember lads no chat we dont want this thread geting derailed in anyway

• Advertisement

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Word is that John Cena vs. Wade Barrett for the WWE Title is going to be a pay-per-view main event some time this Summer.

- Exact numbers aren't in yet but the NXT invasion at the end of this week's RAW gained around 861,000 viewers. This is above average compared to most overrun segments on RAW.

- At press time, John Cena is still scheduled for this week's WWE live events but depending on what WWE decides to do with the NXT invasion, he may be kept off the shows to sell the beating and further the storyline.

- The reason WWE officials are so strong on pushing new stars right now is the realization that so many of the top names like Rey Mysterio, Edge, Triple H, Big Show and The Undertaker won't be around forever.

- The WWE creative team is currently happy with Michelle McCool and Layla's team. Some felt at first that WWE had just created their own version of TNA's Beautiful People but the feeling now is that LayCool is hotter than The Beautiful People and they beat them at their own game.

- WWE Chairman Vince McMahon showed up at WWE's television tapings this past week with two black eyes and a cut over one eye that went to his forehead, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Nobody seemed to know what happened. Everyone was talking about it privately, but as you can imagine, nobody wanted to be overheard speculating about how Vince got so banged up.

Vince never addressed the situation publicly and if he did tell anybody what happened - they're not talking about it.

Our source says it looked like Vince got into a fight or car accident. Most figured he was in an accident, because if it were a fight, it would be hard to keep that quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Trent Acid passes away

Michael Verdi, who wrestled as Trent Acid, passed away this morning. He was found by his grandmother at his place of residence in Philadelphia. He was 29.
    As oneof the Backseat Boyz tag team with Johnny Kashmere, Verdi looked to be someone who would make it in pro wrestling, but drug problems kept him from advancing past the independent level, or from being as big a star at that level as he could have been.
    He had just gotten out of rehab a few days before his death according to friends. He had been arrested on 4/2 on charges of possession of heroin.

From www.f4wonline.com

Not sure if this is the right place for this but whatever.
    Kinda sad. Used to love his stuff in CZW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

In todays wrestling news boards.ie user EdK recieved his first cease and desist letter (email) lol

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/exclusive-more-on-jerichos-wwe-status-creative-direction-104891
    According to a source within WWE, Chris Jericho's WWE contract is set to expire sometime this fall.
    At this point, I was told that "all bets are off" where it concerns Jericho creatively, meaning that whatever plans WWE creative had in place for him prior to his booking of the "Downfall" game show are now off the books.
    The reason for this is that WWE is unsure how much time Jericho might miss due to the game show, and WWE is especially concerned that the game show booking might lead to other Hollywood bookings which might result in Jericho leaving the company when his contract expires.
    It should also be noted that the way Jericho is being booked on TV right now is NOT a punishment for him doing the game show. Rather, I was told that Jericho does not mind losing, and he doesn't consider himself jobbing as he feels he has accomplished everything he can in the pro wrestling business and his current story line is helping put over young talent.
    I was also told that Jericho is currently being booked by WWE in the style of JBL and/or Batista. If you recall, both JBL and Batista wanted out of WWE, so the company booked them on a losing streak which eventually lead to them "quitting" as a result of so many losses. In Jericho's case, I was told WWE is booking him in this fashion so that the company has a creative way of writing him off TV and out of the company should he decide to leave when his contract expires.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

is jericho leaving?

• Advertisement

The Wrestling Globe Newsletter is reporting that there has been talk within WWE of adding rarely used Smackdown superstar Cody Rhodes to the Straight Edge Society group.

- Eric Bischoff is said to not be a fan of Rhyno.

- Despite TMZ's report that Batista was heading to Strikeforce, the former WWE superstar is interested in fighting, if he can get the right pay off.

- The original plan for last night's Raw as do qualifying match for the Money In the Bank PPV, reports Dave Meltzer.

- Appartantly the NXT angle is being booked on the fly

- All 7 rookies from season one of NXT have been added to the raw roster page. Bret Hart's page has now been removed.

- Widow of Deceased Professional Wrestler Owen Hart Files Lawsuit Against World Wrestling Entertainment, Vince McMahon & Linda McMahon

WWE continues to use Owen Hart's Name and Image for Marketing more than 11 Years After he Was Killed in a WWE-sponsored Stunt; In Violation of Contract and Contrary to Family's Wishes

HARTFORD, Conn., June 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Martha Hart, the widow of the late Owen Hart, a professional wrestler who was killed in a May 1999 stunt orchestrated by World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) today filed suit in the U.S. District Court here against WWE, Vince McMahon (current chairman and CEO) and Linda McMahon (CEO until 2009). The lawsuit alleges the WWE and the McMahons used Owen Hart's name and likeness without right in dozens of commercial videos and other materials, violated a contract restricting the use of Owen Hart's name, likeness and wrestling footage, and disregarded Martha Hart's wishes against further association of her late husband's name with WWE following his death. (Mrs. Hart and WWE settled a wrongful death lawsuit in 2000. Mrs. Hart established the Owen Hart Foundation later that year.)

"In the eleven years since Owen's tragic and avoidable death, I have worked tirelessly to disassociate Owen's name and likeness from anything related to WWE in order to protect our children from any reminder of the circumstances surrounding their father's death, and to avoid any misplaced perception that I endorse WWE," said Martha Hart in a statement.

"Unfortunately, even though WWE, Vince McMahon and Linda McMahon were and are well aware of my wishes and desire to shield my children from WWE and its activities, I was shocked to learn earlier this year that they have been using Owen's name and likeness in videos, websites, television programs and print materials. Given this callous, insensitive and irresponsible behavior, one must question the moral character of Vince and Linda McMahon and the manner in which they conduct their business."

According to the lawsuit filed today before the U.S. District Court in Hartford,

"Since Owen's death, the WWE and McMahons have sought every available opportunity to further exploit Owen's personality for their own commercial benefit. Their use of Owen's name and likeness draws attention to the WWE's ongoing violent and highly questionable theatrical activities that caused Owen's death. Defendants' use of Owen's name and likeness is also in direct disregard of Martha's and her children's objections...The WWE's wrongful use of Owen's name and likeness, over Martha's continuing objection to any association with defendants and in the absence of any legal right of use, creates the wrongful impression that Martha and the Estate now support, approve or condone the video (which they do not)."

The lawsuit seeks to enjoin the WWE from further use of Owen Hart's name and likeness, and seeks unpaid royalties as well as damages for breach of contract, copyright infringement, unjust enrichment, accounting and unfair and deceptive trade practices.

Mrs. Hart is represented by the law firm Nixon Peabody LLP.

Note to Editors: A copy of the complaint can be found at www.marthahartsueswwe.com

Information on the Owen Hart Foundation can be found at www.owenhart.org

The early reports indicate that three WWE stars may have been injured on house shows last night.

R-Truth is said to have tweaked his knee while wrestling against the Miz at the Raw house show in Youngstown, Ohio, which led to an early end of their bout.

At the Portland, Maine Smackdown house show, Cody Rhodes was out on his feet after being dumped hard by Kofi Kingston and Matt Hardy during a double back suplex. He eventually continued the match after being out for several minutes and after the match was helped out by trainers.

The same Portland, Maine show saw Kelly Kelly's match with Layla El abruptly end after Kelly took a bad shot to either her shoulder or neck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

The American Dragon finally speaks, if a little obliquely, about his release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

EdK wrote: »
    In todays wrestling news boards.ie user EdK recieved his first cease and desist letter (email) lol

For what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I'm involved in a Matt Morgan fansite, we designed some merch for it hence the cease and desist

EdK wrote: »
    I'm involved in a Matt Morgan fansite, we designed some merch for it hence the cease and desist

LOL what a bizarre thing to get done for!:pac:

Wade Barrett, leader of RAW's Nexus stable, has been pulled from WWE TV and live events because his work visa has expired and he's no longer eligible to work in the United States. Barrett has returned to the UK where he's waiting on a new visa to be cleared.

Drew McIntyre is going through the same problems. You may remember from SmackDown where WWE started a storyline saying Drew was being deported. This isn't far from real life but it's possible that McIntyre is still here in the States. Regardless, he's also unable to work right now. If McIntyre is still here, it's possible that he can stay while a green card application is approved since he's married to WWE Diva Tiffany.

There's no timetable yet on when Barrett or McIntyre can return.

Word is that Michelle McCool and The Undertaker were married in a private ceremony with friends of theirs in Taker's hometown of Houston, Texas this past weekend. The ceremony was said to be small and private, with only close family, friends and people from the wrestling industry in attendance.

McCool and Taker have been dating for a few years now.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wade Barrett, leader of RAW's Nexus stable, has been pulled from WWE TV and live events because his work visa has expired and he's no longer eligible to work in the United States. Barrett has returned to the UK where he's waiting on a new visa to be cleared.

Drew McIntyre is going through the same problems. You may remember from SmackDown where WWE started a storyline saying Drew was being deported. This isn't far from real life but it's possible that McIntyre is still here in the States. Regardless, he's also unable to work right now. If McIntyre is still here, it's possible that he can stay while a green card application is approved since he's married to WWE Diva Tiffany.

There's no timetable yet on when Barrett or McIntyre can return.

- The Wrestling Observer newsletter reports that the Wade Barrett situation isn't serious and that he's expected back on TV next week. It also states that it doesn't know what's going on with McIntyre.

- Appartantly, Vince has banned chops from WWE as the crowd always goes “Whooo!” and Vince doesn't want the audience reminded of Flair, given he's with TNA.

- WWE has offered a developmental deal to Joe Anoa'i from the famous Anoa'i wrestling family. Joe, 25, is the son of hall of famer Sika of the Wild Samoans tag team. His brother Matt is the former Rosey and among his cousins is the former Rikishi. He played college football for Georgia Tech from 2003-2006 and was named first-team All-ACC in his senior year. After going undrafted in the 2007 NFL Draft, he was signed by the Minnesota Vikings, was later released, and was last known to be playing football for the Edmonton Eskimos in the CFL.

• Advertisement

-- Drew McIntyre and Wade Barrett's respective visa issues have been resolved, reports www.F4WOnline.com. Barrett is expected to return to Raw this Monday while McIntyre will return to SmackDown once creative feels it's right to bring him back from the deportation angle.

34316_443240349622_216924424622_5931129_3535414_n.jpg

Congrats to them:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

That picture just ruined Takers gimmick for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

TheTosh wrote: »
    That picture just ruined Takers gimmick for me

Yeah, he looks strange not being dead.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I wonder if the lights went out , then *bong!* as he made his approach up the aisle?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Hey isn't he supposed to be in a coma and poor Kane out there wasting his time looking for an attacker

Cut the pony tail off and Taker looks like Rafa Benitez.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

TheTosh wrote: »
    Hey isn't he supposed to be in a coma and poor Kane out there wasting his time looking for an attacker

Did you ever see how Triple H married Stephanie McMahon? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

from pwi
    On the "Right After Wrestling
    " program, Arda Ocal and Jimmy Korderas cleared up the news circulating about the WWE banning the knife edge chop. Korderas explained that the move has actually been banned for years, back to when Ric Flair was still with the company. Only Flair and Shawn Michaels were allowed to use a knife edged chop - in fact at many events they would post "no chops!" signs at the gorilla position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Carlito talking about the business, he is a bit of a moaner really. :pac:

http://hardcoresportsradio.com/content/media/podcasts/1ad87cb9-3650-4624-ba9e-2c2412f0e632.mp3

It starts around the 30 minute mark

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement