Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

HollywoodLife.com reports that WWE is negotiating with Justin Bieber about singing "America the Beautiful" at WrestleMania 27.

Here is the article:

Justin Bieber might not want to get in the ring with spandex wearing hunks like Randy Orton, The Miz and John Cena, but the 16-year old star’s singing pipes might get him in their grasps regardless. WrestleMania — the annual Super Bowl of wrestling — returns for its 27th incarnation in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, GA in 2011 and a consistent fixture is to start off the festivities with a rousing rendition of America The Beautiful!

An insider tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively that WWE is trying to get younger viewers and that they’re out to get the Biebs on board.

“It is so perfect! To have Justin perform in front of 70,000 plus people would just be amazing! It is so perfect”, our source says. “It’s still a work in progress but it would be a lot of fun.”

We totally agree, and if Justin wanted to add to his fun night, he could easily ask his friend Kim Kardashian how to handle things backstage with the fellow wrestlers — she was the official host of WrestleMania 24 back in 2008!

Hopefully Bieber will have killed himself by Wrestlemania 27

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I've a better idea... put him in match with Show ala Mayweather.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

isn't he Canadian? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

isn't he Canadian? lol

He could be iraqi and still be booked.

Justin beiber is the embodiment of 'PG Rating'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Kevin Nash Leaving TNA After This Weekend?

According to Kevin Nash, he will be done with TNA after tomorrow's Bound For Glory pay-per-view. Nash wrote the following on Twitter:

"4 days left and I'm done ,hope you that enjouyed me and are left happy .I always did my best with a beaten body. thanks and goodbye. Time to be a husban and dad this part of my life is over.If I'm woprth nothing than I need to stay at home. Thanks TNA 4 letting me go."

Nash later wrote "no WWE" after fans asked if he was leaving TNA for his old stomping grounds.

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/288624063.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lee.M2010

glenjamin wrote: »

Hope this isnt true. Big Kev is a legend. Not a great worker but tons of charisma.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Lee.M2010 wrote: »
    Hope this isnt true. Big Kev is a legend. Not a great worker but tons of charisma.

And a bit dyslexic too by the look of it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source:

The addition of Michael Cole to the Smackdown announce team is a result of Vince McMahon's current unhappiness with Todd Grisham. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter added that McMahon cut one of his "famous Vince promos on an announcer" backstage in front of a lot of people and put Cole on the debut episode of Smackdown on Syfy saying it was an important show and he wasn't getting the job done. The impression many got was that halfway through the show McMahon became unhappy with Grisham's commentary and sent Cole out to join them. Cole was again on commentary this week and it is expected to remain a three man team until further notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source
    Another WWE tag team has broken up as Curt Hawkins beat down his partner Vance Archer on Thursday night's WWE Superstars broadcast. Archer had just lost a match to Chris Masters. At a time when it appears WWE is re-building it's tag team division, they also are planning on splitting up The Hart Dynasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

WWE have Vicky Skeeles, the British girl they signed 2 weeks ago, doing announcing in FCW under the name 'Verity Thomas'. The first footage of her is on the Diva-Dirt site here:

http://www.diva-dirt.com/2010/10/11/in-video-clip-of-new-new-diva-vicky-skeeles-in-fcw/

Sounds to me like she's toning down the British accent a bit. Looks very nice though. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

According to a source, Sting is "expected to be gone" from TNA Wrestling following this week's set of television tapings, which were completed yesterday in Orlando, Florida.

The multi-time champion is limited by an injury to his shoulder and has not signed a new contract, so he's only committed to the organization until the end of the year. There was talk this week that he would be taking time off from this point forward.

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/289012242.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source: PWInsider

-- GoFightLive.tv is streaming Dragon Gate USA's "Enter the Dragon" from July 2009 for free on the morning of Saturday, 23rd October (no time because the clocks are going back in America and I have no idea what time it'll be here). Link is here

-- It was explained on WWE television that Mark Henry missed Raw due to a personal situation with his family. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Henry's brother Patrick Henry suffered a stroke on 10/3, and was in intensive care. Henry's brother has five month old twins and no medical insurance and a local television station in Texas was pushing raising money for donations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Source

Looks like TNA have signed...

Katie-Lea-Burchill-wwe-diva-5.jpg

It seems TNA are trying to rebuild the terribly unentertaining Knockouts divison..

Source
    Backstage sources in WWE have told WrestleZone that WWE management is very high on Justin Gabriel, not only for his in-ring ability but also for the way he's been handling backstage politics.
    Gabriel found himself on the wrong side of a lot of what was described as "veterans baiting him" because of his off-camera relationship with WWE Diva Kelly Kelly.
    "A few years ago, CM Punk was dating Maria Kanellis," a Monday Night Raw wrestler told us, "HHH, Ric Flair, and some of the other veterans gave Maria a hard time about dating a guy they labeled an indy worker."
    "Kelly's been through this before, but Justin is brand new to the business," the wrestler told us, "but he's handled it like a total pro, and it's won him a lot of points with the leaders of the locker room."
    Justin Gabriel is a 2nd generation wrestler, and was trained by his father, Paul Lloyd Senior in South Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Reports from twitter that Matt Hardy has left WWE. http://twitter.com/#!/MATTHARDYBRAND

Listened to an interview with Kevin Nash last night and he hinted at a return to WWE at Royal Rumble.

seems like the return of the ROH Cm punk:

punk.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

looks more like a ChipPunk!

Source
    WWE Hall Of Famer Bret "The Hitman" Hart recently took a few digs at some of TNA's top dogs in a recent interview with AOL Fanhouse. Hart said of Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan and Vince Russo, "After being in WCW and being around them, you start to realize that these guys -- Bischoff in particular -- never understood or knew anything about wrestling."
    "They just struck me as guys that didn't understand wrestling. To see them working with another company now, to me, I think you'll eventually see that they don't know anything. They didn't know anything then and they don't know anything now. They're not going to make a difference anywhere they go."
    "The Hitman" did show respect to some of TNA's top dogs that are active in the ring right now, such as AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, Samoa Joe and Abyss. Hart commented, "I have a lot of respect for the young wrestlers there like AJ Styles and Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe, Abyss, different guys. I know they've got a lot of talent there and guys that I consider good friends of mine including RVD [Rob Van Dam]."
    Hart concluded on the subject, again praising the young guys by mixing in an extra dig or two at the guys behind the shows. "I wish them all the best and I hope the younger stars get a chance to show what they've got rather than coming back to the old dinosaurs like Hulk Hogan or Eric Bischoff with the same old certain babble that he's been doing for 10 years when he'll babble about nothing. He somehow positions himself to be a star on the show and I think there's real stars that need to get that light and not him."

Wait... i recognise that voice..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Just a reminder that Dragon Gate USA will be showing their first PPV Enter the Dragon tonight for FREE online at

http://www.gofightlive.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/Dragon_Gate_USA__Enter_the_Dragon_/860

If you haven't seen this show then you have missed out big time.

Voted Best Major Show of 2009 by Wrestling Observer Newsletter every match is amazing and it has something for everybody. Hell it's free so give it a watch and if you like it consider ordering next weeks PPV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,008 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Do i have to join to watch the video and what time does it start?

Headshot wrote: »
    Do i have to join to watch the video and what time does it start?

I think you may have to have an account with them but that's free and only takes a second. It starts at 2am GMT.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,008 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Go wan the undertaker

legend

wow. didnt know there was beef between him and taker.

(Jump to 2.30. )
    Its not a big thing but the interviewer seems to get the impression that wwe are trying to set up a match between taker and brock, and thats why he was there?! :confused:

The Hartford Courant is noting in its blog section that Secretary of State Susan Bysiewicz has warned Connecticut voters that they could be turned away from the polls for the upcoming Linda McMahon/Richard Blumenthal vote if they arrive wearing WWE branded clothing. Bysiewicz was quoted as saying, "Even though it doesn't say her name directly...the brand is so ubiquitously associated with the McMahons."

Ed Patru, a spokesman for the Linda McMahon campaign, immediately spoke out against this by saying, "There is absolutely nothing in the statute that prohibits someone from wearing an apolitical, nonpartisan piece of clothing to the polls. This opinion seems overtly partisan, and anytime the state starts arbitrarily denying citizens the right to vote, democracy itself is under attack. It's very, very troubling."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

When Taker returned at Wrestlemania XX, the original plan was for him to enter a program with Brock afterwards where Brock was supposed to job to him. Brock refused. This was probably a pre-cursor to Brock leaving the WWE. I have no idea if there was heat between the two because of this incident but i presume it had something to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

I think it has to be said that the undertaker is a pr*ck.

"do you wanna go?" after Lensar fight. Talk about picking on a guy when he is down.

Its been noted before that the undertaker thinks he is a legit hard man. While he is nothing more than a fake wrestler. Dont get me wrong I like wrestling. But there is a hell of a world of difference between wrestling and mma.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

this is a no-chat forum so i'll add it to the other thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Maybe twas cos Lesnar was staring a hole through him too though, you never know

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement