Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game [The R.E.D. Album]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Aiiit dawg ;)

I still think we will get RED this summer, then Detox later in the year. We have a tracklist for RED afterall.

(off topic)
    Yes ive heard of J.Cole, have you heard Good Game? Its probably my fav track of his, just outrageous. Playground too i particularily like.

Drake has blown up since his 55k first week. Thank Me Later has a serious buzz growing in the US and its definately going to sell well. I was just using him as an example of albums that are going to come out in the "detox buzz".

ye we might get red in the summer too and probaly will but just think it all depends on detox and with the first single coming out next week i think its taking a back seat.

ye good game is a great track my favourites at the moment are " i get up" and "til inintify" but iv really only started listining to him since last week

ye i just dont like drake i feel a lot of his so called fans just jumped on the bandwagon and theres a lot of roumors flying round saying he uses autotune not tpain autotune but the way its supposed to be used to enhance his voice to make him sound a better singer because he cant sing for his life when he is performing live he just raps the hook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Red will drop Mid-July/August according to HHF.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

August, apparently.
    THE WEST COAST / DETOX RUMORS

This is about to be nuts.

We’ve been waiting and now it looks like its coming true. DETOX!

The other day Ice Cube, The Game, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg were all in the studio at the same time. They weren’t even recording a song – they were just VIBIN…chillin…this is good. Now, I am being told that this track COULD be for Game’s album on a song called “Strictly W.E.S.T.”

In fact, Cube talks all about this in his new blog. He also addresses the rumors about dissing Dre. He said he wasn’t, but made no mention of all the others that is seems like he's dissing. LOL! Cube’s a slickster!

Look for The RED Album in August, Cube’s album in July and Detox in September/October. Now, that is a three-punch combination.
    http://allhiphop.com/stories/rumors/archive/2010/04/09/22163722.aspx

there sayin june 15th with shake as 1st single.

im not hatin at all but honestly game needs to do better than shake he really really does.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

there sayin june 15th with shake as 1st single.

im not hatin at all but honestly game needs to do better than shake he really really does.

Apparently the album is listed as being on Geffen and not on Aftermath. There are also supposed to be different versions with different cover art, bonus CDs etc.

But 15th and Shake have been pretty much set in stone now.

• Advertisement

im not hatin at all but honestly game needs to do better than shake
    Agreed.

Shake is far from my favorite song but I have to admit the video looks interesting - filmed in Dre's mansion and Travis Barkers studio with cameos from Travis, Bow Wow, (maybe) The Clipse and plenty of others.

I'm looking forward to hearing the second single though, a Dre track apparently.
    Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Apparently the album is listed as being on Geffen and not on Aftermath. There are also supposed to be different versions with different cover art, bonus CDs etc.

But 15th and Shake have been pretty much set in stone now.
    AFAIK Geffen aren't around anymore?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

PrettyBoy wrote: »

AFAIK Geffen aren't around anymore?

They are, in fact a few of The Game's releases have been on Geffen and some on Interscope. The delux editions and singles and first album where on Geffen with the Aftermath imprint i think. Geffen are pretty much Interscope but seperate entities with thier own rosters under the same roof.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    They are, in fact a few of The Game's releases have been on Geffen and some on Interscope. The delux editions and singles and first album where on Geffen with the Aftermath imprint i think. Geffen are pretty much Interscope but seperate entities with thier own rosters under the same roof.
    To the best of my knowledge, The Documentary was released on Aftermath/G-Unit/Interscope, not Geffen. After he left Aftermath he moved to Geffen and released Doctors Advocate and LAX with them. Then he moved back to Interscope earlier this year. Where did you hear that R.E.D. was going to be on Geffen?

Where did you hear that R.E.D. was going to be on Geffen?

Here -> http://www.hiphopsite.com/2010/04/10/games-the-r-e-d-album-set-for-june-15th-on-geffen/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Shake is an awful lead single. The game's lead singles are usually very good, One blood, My life, etc. Disappointing to see that is on the album let alone a single as it is very poor in my opinion, hope the rest of it does not disappoint. By the way thanks for the link to behind the scenes of the video Prettyboy, interesting.

Agree with everyone that says Shake is not a good choice for a single but right now I'm just looking forward to the second single and, eventually, the album. Believe me, sometimes I do think to myself "WTF is Game doing?" when I hear songs like 'Shake' and 'Wouldn't Get Far' but I'm confident that the guy will deliver. These are just pop songs that he's pushed into doing in order to get video/radio play.

Look at who's backing him - Dre and Pharrell acting as executive producers, RZA, Timbaland, Cool and Dre, Kanye, Snoop, Justin, Lil Wayne, etc. He's not as big as 50 or Wayne but he's not far behind and he brings out the big guys when he wants to. I hope we hear more West Coast stuff like 'Westside Story' and 'Da Shit' on this album.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Second single? Surfaced today...

'It Must Be Me' is a lot better than 'Shake' IMO and apparently this is the first single from the album? Not sure what the story is with 'Shake' but I'm sure it will appear on the album, as a bonus track at the very least.

The next single is with Justin Timberlake, really looking forward to it.
    Multi-platinum Grammy nominated rapper Game (Jayceon Taylor) is set to release his highly anticipated R.E.D. Album on June 15th. The album will be executive produced by Game and Pharrell Williams who jumped at the opportunity to collaborate. “Game is good kid…and I’m excited for the world to hear the many facets of his character…what’s even crazier is that as a fan, I cannot believe I am actually producing songs on the same album as Dr. Dre. Humbling, man…I owe Game for that one. His album is gonna be a problem,” states Pharrell.

Leading off the R.E.D. Album will be the Pharrell produced street anthem It Must Be Me, a West Coast influenced trunk rattler that features Game spitting venomous lyrics reminiscent of an early, I got something to prove, Ice Cube. Following will be the Justin Timberlake assisted Ain’t No Doubt About It where the two J.T.’s sing and rap over a radio hit that will be blasting out of car windows and club speakers this spring. “I never thought I would have the chance to work with Justin, but to come up with a smash like we did, it’s only fitting,” Game asserts.

In addition to working closely with Pharrell on the project, super producer Dr. Dre is back to lend his hands and voice, producing and rapping on the R.E.D. Album. And Game couldn’t be more thrilled to work with his mentor again.
    “Dre is a hip hop legend and one of the reasons I’m making music. To be working so closely with him again…man, I don’t even have words to describe it.” Game is now ready to let the world hear the R.E.D. Album saying it’s shaping up to be the biggest of his career, “my two favorite producers are helping me with the direction of this album, I couldn’t be in a better position."

http://hurricane-game.net/

that track is class lads.. like the beat and games flow on it

400 bars is also fookin class 20 minutes fair play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrXmBaGAMeg

400 bars is also fookin class 20 minutes fair play

This is the best I've heard from Game in a long time I thought he was crazy going for 20 minutes but he pulled it off, he went hard. Best lyrics from him in years, barely any name-dropping. This goes to show he can still spit.

I'm just hoping that this is a sign of things to come.

In the few hours since it was released, the response to 400 Bars has been overwhelmingly positive. Why can't Game go this hard all the time?
    Game absolutely lost his **** a few years ago when he recorded "300 Bars," an 18-minute epic that featured him hating on damn near every MC who had wronged him. Somehow, it didn't drag at all, perhaps a testament to his ability to remain entertaining amongst endless name-drops and disses. It also helped that the beat switched from one instrumental to the next regularly. On "400 Bars," though, Game spits for 20 minutes over the killer beat Just Blaze made for Jay Electronica's epic "Exhibit C." And like "300 Bars," Game keeps you listening throughout his endless spree of braggadocio, gangsta posturing, and angst.

http://www.prefixmag.com/media/game/400-bars/39646/
    West Coast prodgigy The Game has finally released his highly anticipated song "400 Bars". After months of talking about and hyping the song it finally leaked. The follow up to his past songs 300 Bars, 200 Bars and 100 Bars songs. He literaly goes for 400 bars in this masterpiece song lasting over 20 minutes. I guess when he gets to 800 bars it will be the length of a whole cd.

Game sent out a tweet last night stating he pulled an all nighter trying to finish the track. "just pulled a 24 hr session tryna finish "400 bars" ... DaMN! **** knocked the wind out a n***a" Game tweeted. He mentions 400 bars is off of his new mixtape called "The Red Room" hosted by DJ Drama which is an appetizer before his retail album "The R.E.D. Album" drops.

Game mentioned 400 bars would be on the DJ Drama mixtape last month when discussing the Red Room.
    But before the album there will be a mixtape with DJ Drama, Red Everything. Red Everything mixtape -- it's a bunch of tracks I did specifically for Drama. They're full songs mixed with a few freestyles. I'm trying to finish up '400 Bars' and get it on there. Ain't nobody piss me off that much. But even if that ain't on there, the mixtape is still gonna be crazy.

http://www.rapbasement.com/the-game/041510-the-game-releases-new-song-400-bars-from-the-red-room.html
    Uh oh ... Game is back again.

Nearly five years after dropping the scathing 15-minute G-Unit diss track "300 Bars and Runnin'," off the now-classic You Know What It Is Vol. 3 mixtape, the Compton rapper is back with the next best thing: "400 Bars".

Game premiered "400 Bars" Thursday (April 15) and has the Internet going nuts once again, as he freestyles for 20 minutes over Jay Electronica's "Exhibit C" instrumental.

The track is the first leak off his upcoming mixtape with DJ Drama, called The Red Room.

There's no date yet, but since Game announced a June release date for his upcoming fourth studio LP The R.E.D. Album, the mixtape is expected to drop very soon.

The R.E.D. Album is due June 15th.

http://www.ballerstatus.com/2010/04/15/the-game-unleashes-400-bars-freestyle-readies-mixtape-with-dj-drama/

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

If anyone is looking to download this here is the link Game put up on his twitter!

http://usershare.net/nsh31euim6vs

20mins!!! He's ****in savage!! Cant wait for June 15th!!!

This is the best I've heard from Game in a long time I thought he was crazy going for 20 minutes but he pulled it off, he went hard. Best lyrics from him in years, barely any name-dropping. This goes to show he can still spit.

I'm just hoping that this is a sign of things to come.

ah i wouldnt go that far pretty he dropped loads and loads of names just to name a few:

rick ross, wocka flocka, young money, jigga, dre, 50, yayo, banks, young buck, gunit, dmx, jeezy, cat williams, q-tip, tiger woods, nore and capone, ghostface, charles oakley, precious(flavour of love), fabolous, pharell, diddy, weezy, outkast, andre 3000, aftermath, dj drama, T.I (t.i.p), Just blaze,jordan, busta and ofcourse 2pac theres plenty of more

I noticed straight away all the names he dropped only because its as clear as daylight. his lryics are not spectacular by any means if anythings its the same stuff game raps about in any track samo samo.

dont get me wrong its a class track but its 5 years ago and belive it or not its not getting that much praise check out worldstar hip hop the video is labelled still dissing gunit.

• Advertisement

I noticed straight away all the names he dropped only because its as clear as daylight. his lryics are not spectacular by any means if anythings its the same stuff game raps about in any track samo samo.

dont get me wrong its a class track but its 5 years ago and belive it or not its not getting that much praise check out worldstar hip hop the video is labelled still dissing gunit.

Yeah, I didn't say he didn't drop any names but Game would usually get that many namedrops in on a 3-minute track. All I'm saying is theirs less than I expected their to be.

Look around man, the track is getting tons of praise - I think I saw one site calling it a masterpiece. Never said his lyrics were amazing but they weren't bad, he did a good job, his flow is good, he went hard.

Honestly couldn't give a **** about WSHH, nobody pays any attention to that site anyway. Out of 20 minutes, Game dedicated about 45 seconds to murdering G-Unit. Again. They constantly talk about Game. Who didn't expect him to diss them? If WSHH want to just focus solely on those few bars then let them. As long as 50 Cent and his yes-men are around running their mouths they will be dissed, by Game and other rappers, so get used to it.

This was just posted on Ryan Fords (former editor of The Source) Twitter. He's talking about a track with Game and Snoop produced by Dr. Dre, apparently from The R.E.D. Album.
    fordryan wrote:
    Just heard a song with @ihategame and @snoopdogg produced & narrated by DR DRE that sounds like it shoulda been on THE CHRONIC!! #REDalbum

http://twitter.com/fordryan/status/12273511350

Then there's this rumor that Dre is now focusing on working with West-coast artists like Game and Cube, rather than 50 and Em.
    So, as you can see I took the day off on the rumors. I need it with all my hard, work! Plus, there didn't seem to be a lot going on, except Eminem putting out Recovery. BUT, I HAVE TO ASK YOU...The Game is dissing the mess out of 50 Cent and G-Unit on this new 400 Bars. Now, clearly Dr. Dre is messing with The Game on Detox. 50 Cent isn't. Honestly, I don't think Game would release this without Dre's OK. Remember Game went against Dre in the first place and it messed up their relationship. Eminem's new album is called Recovery and Dr. Dre is noticeably absent from the list of producers on the press release. On the other side Dr. Dre has also re-aligned with Ice Cube, who is in fine form as an elder MC. WOW!!!

There there are all the other rappers coming up in the West Coast game. I'm not going to specify but...I will, Murs, Glasses, Jay Rock, Mistah Fab, U-N-I, Crooked I and a bunch of others. First question: is the WEST BACK LIKE THE 90's?????

http://allhiphop.com/stories/rumors/archive/2010/04/15/22171306.aspx

Yeah, I didn't say he didn't drop any names but Game would usually get that many namedrops in on a 3-minute track. All I'm saying is theirs less than I expected their to be.

Look around man, the track is getting tons of praise - I think I saw one site calling it a masterpiece. Never said his lyrics were amazing but they weren't bad, he did a good job, his flow is good, he went hard.

Honestly couldn't give a **** about WSHH, nobody pays any attention to that site anyway. Out of 20 minutes, Game dedicated about 45 seconds to murdering G-Unit. Again. They constantly talk about Game. Who didn't expect him to diss them? If WSHH want to just focus solely on those few bars then let them. As long as 50 Cent and his yes-men are around running their mouths they will be dissed, by Game and other rappers, so get used to it.

im not arguing with you for the sake of arguing but game really proved on 400 bars he is a muppet i mean he's back shouting out jayz again lol its not a masterpeice at all because its 5years ago and shows signs of how desperate game is but this doesnt mean i dont like the track:).

please dont think im sticking up for gunit as i think 50 fell the fook off just as i feel game has but besides lloyd banks who is dropping quailty mixtapes again and again aswell as an album hfm2 which has a bigger buzz than red and yes it does pretty :eek: judging by the success of banks 1st single.

prettyboy come on now you give me proof that gunit constantly talk about game? i can give you proof and a ton of tracks where game mentions gunit infact on the single shake he mentions 50 straight away lol face it pretty game would want to jump the fook of 50's tit the whole of the hip hop world laughs at the fact he cant keep 50's name out of his mouth! look around yourself and judge it from a neutral point of view its comical, i mean a few months ago he was saying sorry lol.

allhiphop is no better than worldstar both are like tabloid newspapers constantly stirring the pot. and let me explain how much of a BS roumor that is, dre probally gave game permission to diss 50 but dre also produced a track called so disrespectful where 50 dissed game, as long as it sounds hot dre dont care.

dre came out a few months back sayin he's trying to get both game and 50 on good terms again so its all over the place but em and dre wont pick sides.

for every 100 times game mentions gunit they will say something back and mostly becasue someone asks them in an interview.

game really proved on 400 bars he is a muppet
    How so? :confused:
    shows signs of how desperate game is
    Desperate for what?
    please dont think im sticking up for gunit as i think 50 fell the fook off just as i feel game has but besides lloyd banks who is dropping quailty mixtapes again and again aswell as an album hfm2 which has a bigger buzz than red and yes it does pretty :eek: judging by the success of banks 1st single.
    I don't care if you're sticking up for G-Unit. I'm a fan of Lloyd Banks, always have been. He's the only decent rapper in the group. I'm looking forward to his new album.
    come on now you give me proof that gunit constantly talk about game? i can give you proof and a ton of tracks where game mentions gunit
    Look on YouTube. If any member of G-Unit mentions Game he will respond and, when he does, he goes hard.
    dre probally gave game permission to diss 50 but dre also produced a track called so disrespectful where 50 dissed game, as long as it sounds hot dre dont care.
    FFS, Dre did not produce 'So Disrespectful'. It was produced by Tha Bizness. Dre had absolutely nothing to do with that track. He was not the executive producer on BISD so who is he to say what can go on it? Understand?

Also worth mentioning that it was totally unprovoked. Game didn't mention anything about 50/G-Unit for months and then 50 comes out with this track, proving that he's a desperate little bitch that starts pointless, unprovoked feuds with Game/Lil Wayne/Nas/Jay/Diddy/Wu-Tang/Dipset/Rick Ross/Fat Joe purely to create a buzz for his woeful albums.
    dre came out a few months back sayin he's trying to get both game and 50 on good terms again
    He said he was working with both artists and they would both be on his album. Believe me, Dre is not going to be pushing them to put aside their differences and make up.

I think the reasoning behind that article was that Eminem and 50 are meant to be Dre's #1 artists, yet he barely works with them at all these days. Eminem's upcoming Recovery album has no Dre tracks and 50's last couple of albums only have two or three each.

Thanks to Game, Twitter and the upcoming Detox album we have seen a lot more of Dre than in the last 6 months than we have in the last few years. Every other week we see pictures of Dre in the studio with Game and hear reports of him making tracks with Snoop and Cube. When was the last time you heard of 50 being in the studio with Dre? I remember 50 mentioning in an interview last year (pretty sure it was TRL) that he hadn't seen Dre in 7 or 8 months, and this was in the weeks leading up to the release of his album.

The guy that wrote the piece said first and foremost that it's a rumor and nothing more than pure speculation so I wouldn't worry about 50 or Em, but it's pretty obvious that Dre wants to work with more West Coast artists. Listen to Snoop - he is constantly talking about how the West needs to reunite. Game and Dre will play a big part.

Here's Snoop talking about Game and Dre reconciling and how he feels about the two of them working together again.

Latest interview; talks Dre, Justin, Drake, the album and the mixtape.

• DJ Skee is hosting the mixtape.
    • Snoop, Wayne, Nipsey are featured on the mixtape.
    • Swizz Beatz and Timbaland have produced songs on the album.
    • Dre is rapping on one of the songs on the album.
    • Song with Justin is the first single, 'It Must Be Me' is a street single.

Part 2; talks on Nicki Minaj, Ashanti, Shyne and working with Cube, Dre and Snoop.

Here's a new interview with VIBE Magazine.
    With his fourth studio album, The R.E.D. Album, dropping this summer, Game is packing serious heat. The Compton rapper played it mellow, chopping it up with VIBE about his new project, the new West, Shyne and the return of the D.R.E.

VIBE: What was the difference between working with Dr. Dre on the first album [The Documentary] versus this one?

Game: I’m a lot more polished. I think that I’m close to my prime, as far as my lyrical content… just the development of my pen alone. And then Dre, you know, we’re both a little older and a little wiser. Now it’s not like polishing off the rookie, its like he gets in he knows what to do and I know what to do and he knows me and we just gel. What comes out is nothing short of classic.

Compare that to the Pharrell experience.

We worked for 40 days and 40 nights. Long hard nights, until the morning. Mind you, Pharrell leaves the studio at 10 [p.m.], that’s his norm. But working with me, you don’t leave til’ the sun comes up. We grinded it out and we made smashes, man.

If you were to put a tour together right now to support this record, who would be on it?

I think Dre's talking about a tour, so that would be dope. And me and Pharrell talked about going on a tour together, which would also be dope. So I think just the benefit of getting up on stage with new music for my fans, it don’t really matter who I go out with. I can go out by myself and get the job done all the same. I just cant wait to grab the mic hit the stage and hear those cheers again.

Talk to us about working on that Detox album.

I’ll let you know that right now it's definitely, definitely going to come, and Dre’s been working harder than ever. Everybody’s been in and out the studio. I’ve been in grinding with him, I’m going back in tomorrow to actually work some more, and get it to where we can all come to that happy medium where we're like. 'Damn, we finally got Detox and man it's crazy.' I can definitely guarantee you that however long he makes us wait—he can push it back for eight more years and it’ll just be that much bigger, man—'cause Dre’s not gonna put it out until it's 100 percent the idea he had when he started, and hopefully he picked the dates. I don’t pick the dates but I just can tell you I’ve been working on it.

You talked to Shyne while he was incarcerated, and he gave you some advice. Have you had a chance to talk to him since he’s been released?

I had a chance to talk to him real closely since he got out, not about music at all, mostly just about his head and standing up and just checking up on how he’s doing. He’s just a good friend of mine, sort of like a brother to me in hip-hop and, you know, doing all that time, everybody expected him to just come out and be like the old Shyne, but it's gonna take a while. I’m sure he’s rough around the edges. It’s kinda like if Kobe just decides to sit it down, and you come back out your first three, it's probably gonna be an airball, you know? You just gotta give him a little room, a little space, let him breathe and I’m sure you’ll get the old Shyne back.

He kinda came of left field with that 50 Cent diss.

That’s him man, and I’m glad he can take that 50 Cent beef with him. I’m slowly but surely phasing it out, and I might poke a little fun here and there but for the most part I’m over it.

How do you feel about the new artists out West?

I think it's just the evolution of the West. Everybody likes to talk about the “New West” and you sort of taint those young guys when you tab them like that. You gotta give them room to breathe and let them do their thing. The most prominent out of all the new ones, I think, is probably Nipsey [Hussle] meaning that he’s gotten around the world faster than the others, and everybody else is still regional, everybody else is still on the uprise.

Okay, let's talk about basketball. I know you’re a gamer, not just a rec player.

I really play man I still go out there 3-4 days a week and shoot it out with my boys. You know we get it on Sundays with the offseason NBA players. Now that it’s the playoffs, players from the teams that didn’t make it are available to hoop with us. A couple of cats out there from the Clippers and—

You and Baron Davis grew up together, right?

Yeah me and Baron grew up together, me and Gilbert [Arenas] grew up together. Shout out to my boy Gilbert in the halfway house doing his time for the mistake that he made, but he’s gonna get back out and ball on them next year. I’ve been talking to him and we're gonna send him some music so he can hold his head while he’s uptown and yeah we get it in on the court, and anybody can come on out.

What do you think about Kobe Bryant and the Lakers this year?

We good. I think I could see a Denver or maybe a Dallas getting a game on us, but everybody else we going straight through. We going straight through to the championship, and I think we might catch LeBron [James] this year, and that would be beautiful, 'cause everyone wants to see Kobe and LeBron this year. Everybody wants to see that, and you know we're gonna win that. Ain’t got no beef with LeBron, he’s a monster, but that Kobe, man, he’s that Black Mamba not to be played with. - Jamal Munnerlyn

http://vibe.com/content/long-convo-game

DJ Skee also confirmed that the 400 Bars Remix is dropping on Monday. It's going to be the same style as 300 Bars where the beat changes every minute or two. Can't wait to hear that.

Latest Twitter updates...

Game was in the studio with Diddy, Swizz Beatz and Jay Electronica last night :cool:
    ihategame wrote:
    last nite me @iamdiddy @therealswizzz & @jayelectronica had da studio lookin like club 54 then Diddy left n took da strobe lights wit em lol
    DJ Skee confirmed that The R.E.D. Room mixtape is dropping on Monday :pac:
    djskee wrote:
    ... Red Room Mixtape drops Monday

had a reply written out then it expired pretty so il do it tommrow again to much effort:)

• Advertisement

The Red Room mixtape is here.

theredroom.jpg
    theredroom02.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.xxlmag.com/downloads/game2.zip
    XXLMag.com is proud to present Game’s highly anticipated new mixtape, The Red Room.

The 20-track disc, hosted by DJ Skee, features a star-studded guest list, including Fabolous, Jadakiss, Jim Jones, Lil Wayne, Birdman, Busta Rhymes, Diddy, Bizzy Bone, Hurricane Chris, and Nipsey Hussle, among others.

When asked how he hooked up with the West Coast rapper for the tape, Skee said, ”I hit Game and told him I liked ‘400 Bars’ but thought I could do something crazier with it. He sent me the acapella and asked if I could come by the studio that night to do a new project with him and I told him I was in. He played me some stuff he already had, and then we went in one night and recorded a bunch of new stuff, and the rest is history. I actually had to finish it all on the road and put the finishing touches on between the plane and in a limo from Sacramento to the Bay and upload from my slowww hotel internet connection!”

The Red Room is just an appetizer to Game’s fourth solo album, the R.E.D. Album. Co-executive produced by Pharrell and Dr. Dre, the LP, is set to drop on June 29 on Aftermath. - Elan Mancini

The R.E.D. Album has been pushed back to June 29 too.

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=77616

Advertisement