Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game [The R.E.D. Album]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Yeah, I think Crazy (ft. Gucci Mane, produced by Timbaland) is more of a promo release and L.A. Girl (ft. Chris Brown, produced by Pharrell) is the first official single. I kind of prefer "The Game" as opposed to "Game" to be honest. He said he shot a street video with Rick Ross too, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with R.E.D.
    The-Game wrote: »
    The 2nd track with Ne-Yo "Camera Phone" (both versions) absolutely kicked the crap out of Gentlemans affair!
    Camera Phone is average. Nothing special and very forgettable IMO. Gentleman's Affair is just plain bad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

think this the 1st single. not bad. game flow is savage, gucci mane is rubbish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnU_ZIZYWRs

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

''i woke up out the coma 2001
    'bout the same time Dre dropped 2001''

ill check this album out when it drops, documentary was a good album, i used to always play the doctors advocate when it came out, he's got a good ear for beats!

that single off his new album that was just posted is pretty desperate, gucci mane is dire!

1st offical single off the R.E.D album- Big Money

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQK4LYmp1eA

f**king hell this dude will never stop biting!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Game has become just like 50 IMO. These tracks are making him sound like a sell out IMO. If you listened to the documentary and doctors advocate after listening to these you wouldn't think they were the same guy. They lack that raw truth that Game always brought and I think he has forgotten his roots (not that he's ever going to stop telling us where he's from)

cracking beat on the second one though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

to be honest im not feelin any of these tracks especcially "krazy" best song iv heard so far is "heaven" i taught that was quailty and game done well with the hook,

listen to the 3 tracks he just released the amount of name dropping is absoultly crazy he drops em,dre,t.i,jeezy,lil kim,gucci,will smith and way more there are a least 2 name drops per a verse his lryics are wack out ...

1 thing the beat on "big money" is class but its missing a decent hook

none of these tracks are going to do well this album looks very feature heavy again

Just as i thought all hope was gone for this album, i found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgfEScAM-Bg

easily the best track Game has done since doctors advocate imo

Big Money is absolutely savage. Unreal beat and Game's flow is great.

Krazy is average, nothing special. I wasn't expecting anything from Gucci Mane but I was expecting more from Timbaland. Better Days is good though, I wonder if it's on the album?

As expected, the album has been pushed back until February apparently. Game's recent Twitter posts explain why... :D

"Album is Officially pushed back. says Interscope, so that I can finish wit Dre without having to rush him, myself or the album. Think R.E.D."

"Last night at the "AFTERMATH HEADQUARTERS" was Classic ! Me, Stat Quo & Dre got it in all night. R.E.D. album's new release is 2/16/10"

"If for some reason the date changes I will holla at y'all . had to push it back so that me & Dre can wrap it up the right way !!! Aftermath."

Here's the album cover :cool:

GME_cover_53.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 KangoSkank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

KangoSkank wrote: »

Me too, I hope that makes the album.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

news from The Game, Justin Timberlake and Neptunes have been in the studio recording songs (plural) for the album.

After mentioning Justin Timberlake in his Twitter update a couple of weeks week ago, he has now confirmed that they are collaborating on a Pharrell produced track for The R.E.D. Album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahuUenpqczE

Compton-rapper Game has enlisted a bevy of talent for his upcoming album, the R.E.D. album. Game has just revealed that rapper Nicki Minaj

“Nicki Minaj made the R.E.D. album. Gone be classic,” Game revealed via Twitter this week.

And earlier in the week Game revealed in an interview with Rap-Up.com that he has been working with Justin Timberlake on what he believes will be Grammy-worthy material for his new album.

“Justin Timberlake came through last night, man,” Game explained to Rap-Up.com. “The vibe changed. And it went to where I can see Grammy Awards. I had a really dope energy from him being in the booth last night.”

The R.E.D. album will feature music from Pharrell Williams (who produced the track featuring Timberlake), Cool and Dre, Gucci Mane, and more. The R.E.D. album is expected to be released in early 2010.

Justin has previously worked with rappers Pharrell, The Clipse, Snoop Dogg, Timbaland and 50 Cent among others.

“The vibe changed and it went to where I could see Grammy Awards,” he said. “I never thought in my life that I would ever work with Justin, and then for it to turn out and be as catastrophic as it was was amazing."

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    He said he shot a street video with Rick Ross too, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with R.E.D.

That was for the track on the Triple Cs album with Ricky and his crew.
    Camera Phone is average. Nothing special and very forgettable IMO. Gentleman's Affair is just plain bad though.

Gentlemans Affair was horrible, did you get to hear the 2 versions of Camera Phone? Or just the one released on the Bonus Disc?

looking foward to hearing the track with jt should be hot... get money and crazy ft gucci man have been dropped from the album they wernt getting any radio play or spins at all so they were scrapped.

"turn of the lights" and "better days" are pretty average he aint gona get a buzz with them tracks at all surprised i heard game singing on turn of the lights.

usually jt will make any hip hop track hot so it will more likely will be great and produced by pharrell

as far as rick ross hot rapper but chap was proven to be a cop

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

He wasn't a cop he was a correctional officer.

kind of the same thing both work with the law so in the end he still was an officer with the law.

he claimed to be a drug lord but we know that the real rick ross is released from prison now and is actually sueing the fake rick ross for taking his name and rapping about his history so the fake ross might have to change his name.

rick ross the rapper is probaly the fakest rapper in history

A couple of Twitter updates regarding The R.E.D. Album.

Game just announced that the album has been pushed back.
    ihategame wrote:
    BAD NEWS: This just in.. The R.E.D. Album just got pushed back again to MARCH 23RD !!!
    Justin Timberlake giving his opinion on the album.
    Heard The Game's new album, It's crazy! Check him out at @ihategame

• Advertisement

ye just saw them to be honest im looking foward to it meself

ihategame wrote:
    Me & @taydoetv @avanterose & @younglo was in the studio last night wit Dr. Dre !!! #classicnight & the Goose still got me faded.... DAMN !

56327259dc528c7de7238b6.jpg

A couple of updates on this;

The Game is back on Dr. Dre's Aftermath label.
    ihategame wrote:
    DRE den put me back on AFTERMATH. niggaz is in trouble now. TO BE CONTINUED...........................

190m.jpg

Game and Dr. Dre have been in the studio with Common and Ashanti who are both set to appear on The R.E.D. Album.
    ihategame wrote:
    At the aftermath headquarters gettin it in wit the camp & the homie Common stopped thoo to put in some work. R.E.D.

17240303388032509559972.jpg
    Awwwwwww sh*t its a problem!!!!! Me DR. DRE & GAME in the lab ohhhhhhh booooooy this is a SMMMMIZAAASHHH!!!!

dre03.jpg

More on Ashanti working with Game and Dre here.

Here's a new song called 'Shake', produced by Cool and Dre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Here's a new song called 'Shake', produced by Cool and Dre.

Why is he still dissing G Unit? Getting boring at this stage. His disses used to be great but are getting weak, that song is poor and I'm so Wavy was also pathetic in my opinion. I reckon The Game's best days are gone.

Jigga wrote: »
    Why is he still dissing G Unit? Getting boring at this stage. His disses used to be great but are getting weak, that song is poor and I'm so Wavy was also pathetic in my opinion. I reckon The Game's best days are gone.

Please, 50 is constantly throwing digs at Game, more so during interviews but occasionally on records (listen to 'So Disrespectful'). I agree that it's boring at this stage but he never disses him on his albums, only his mixtapes.

'Shake' is just one of the many tracks that will be released during the build up to The R.E.D. Album. He said himself that he's working on '400 Bars' but he's having trouble finishing it because he's not beefing with anyone right now. When Game's beef with G-Unit was at it's worst Game murdered them. These days he's just messing around because he isn't being provoked (listen to 'I'm So Wavy' - if you think that was a serious diss you're sadly mistaken). If someone really goes at him Game will go hard.

When were Game's best days? Considering he's back in the studio with Dre every other day I would reserve judgement until I hear his new album.

honestly i have not heard one decent track from red. the album doesnt really have a buzz at all at the moment in my opinion and its due to be released fairly soon.

one thing i cant understand is the fact that game relys so heavily on features by the sounds of things red is going to be another duet album.

im not knocking dre but going by the beats he produced for relapse and bisd he needs to come a lot harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

dre03.jpg

Dre is starting to age. Looks pretty old now.

honestly i have not heard one decent track from red. the album doesnt really have a buzz at all at the moment in my opinion and its due to be released fairly soon.
    You haven't heard any tracks from R.E.D.

He needs to create a buzz by releasing a video for the first single. Chances are that the album will be delayed again though.
    one thing i cant understand is the fact that game relys so heavily on features by the sounds of things red is going to be another duet album.

I remember in the months leading up to the release of L.A.X. there were literally dozens of guest features confirmed for the album and obviously they didn't all make it.

The supposed guest features for R.E.D. include Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, Common, Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Pharrell, Ashanti and Robin Thicke among others. As big as some of these are, not all of them will make the cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Please, 50 is constantly throwing digs at Game, more so during interviews but occasionally on records (listen to 'So Disrespectful'). I agree that it's boring at this stage but he never disses him on his albums, only his mixtapes.

'Shake' is just one of the many tracks that will be released during the build up to The R.E.D. Album. He said himself that he's working on '400 Bars' but he's having trouble finishing it because he's not beefing with anyone right now. When Game's beef with G-Unit was at it's worst Game murdered them. These days he's just messing around because he isn't being provoked (listen to 'I'm So Wavy' - if you think that was a serious diss you're sadly mistaken). If someone really goes at him Game will go hard.

When were Game's best days? Considering he's back in the studio with Dre every other day I would reserve judgement until I hear his new album.
    I agree with you that The Game destroyed G Unit in that feud. Reading this article looks like The game was willing to be the bigger man:

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.9420/title.the-game-apologizes-to-50-cent-interscope

I don't listen to 50 anymore but that So Disrespectful song he seems to slag The Game over I'm So Wavy, it was an embarrassing diss and he made a fool of himself in my opinion. I just hope The Red Album will be good.

• Advertisement

Jigga wrote:
    I don't listen to 50 anymore but that So Disrespectful song he seems to slag The Game over I'm So Wavy, it was an embarrassing diss and he made a fool of himself in my opinion. I just hope The Red Album will be good.

That came out during the summer and, IIRC, Jay said something about Game committing suicide a few days before. I guess Game felt like he had to respond but he knows himself it wasn't his best decision.

He was on tour when he released it and a couple of days later a 30 minute video showing Game in the Powerscourt Hotel in Wicklow appeared on the net. He was talking about 'I'm So Wavy' and said it wasn't serious and he was apologetic for mentioning Beyonce in it. It was pretty funny seeing him in the Powerscourt indoor pool and golf course though, seeing as I only live 15 minutes away :pac:

Advertisement