Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

Sparky2009 wrote: »
    Hello there, About 15/20 years ago I saw on TV a film (or could have been a once off TV show) about a man who kidnaps his childhood bully, ties him to a chair in a basement somewhere and proceeds to question/torture him. The story ends with him sealing the door to the basement from within so they're both doomed to die there. There's one candle and it's slowly burning out leaving them both in the dark.

Does anyone remember the name of it? It may have been Irish. I've been trying to track it down for literally years. It was a great example of a tense one-location drama. I'd love to see it again.

Any help welcome!!

Sparks :pac:

I remember this too, great short film, Its Boys and Men from 1996.

Boys and Men

Niemoj wrote: »
    Hi all, long time reader of this site, finally decided to create an account as this has been bugging me for a while now.

It's a horror film, set on a ski resort I believe, the killer is female, there's a scene where this woman is hiding in a press in the kitchen hiding from the killer and her walkie talkie goes off so the killer finds out where she's hiding and breaks the door down and kills her.

Vague I know but it's bugging me.

Thanks!

Fritt vilt aka Cold Prey or possibly Wrong Turn 4: Bloody Beginnings

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sparky2009

Blue850 wrote: »
    I remember this too, great short film, Its Boys and Men from 1996.

Boys and Men

Oh my God you found it!!!! I've been looking for this for so long. Thanks a million Blue850 you absolute genius!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Nope, this is annoying, I can't remember the name at all.

Thanks for helping guys! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Niemoj wrote: »
    Hi all, long time reader of this site, finally decided to create an account as this has been bugging me for a while now.

It's a horror film, set on a ski resort I believe, the killer is female, there's a scene where this woman is hiding in a press in the kitchen hiding from the killer and her walkie talkie goes off so the killer finds out where she's hiding and breaks the door down and kills her.

Vague I know but it's bugging me.

Thanks!

Shredder.

• Advertisement

All I can remember is a pregnant wife getting beaten by her husband (and instructing her toddler to go into another room)
    If Someone Had Known (seen it one of those True Movie channels) has a scene where a guy beats he pregnant wife and there's a toddler running around. Think he hits her in the stomach with a bat or a golf club first.

Ginny wrote: »
    can anyone place this film or tv program, I've very little to go on. Bloke goes to visit a family, maybe old girlfriend, her sister is blind and her sister is looking after her. Their father is alive, but their mother isn't around.They have dinner and I think he stays overnight in a guest room, he talks to the blind sister, saying his old girlfriend has changed, and her sister says its because she's her minder now their mother is dead. Anyway there's an explosion or something and the bloke has to go help, oh and it's Victorian or Edwardian set. I thought it was one of the Sherlock Holmes but I can't place it? Anyone?..it's probably something really obvious, just been doing my head in!

What age range are the main characters?

If young then no idea, but otherwise Bette Davis made a movie called The Whales of August which is about a woman looking after her blind sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

-Hopefully, posted in the correct forum.

A number of years ago, I saw a non-English, subtitled movie about the Huns/Attila.

I can't recall the name of it, despite searching online for past number of weeks.

From what I remember, it was potentially going to be a trilogy.

Despite the sketchy details provided, any help in finding title name appreciated.

PS: it wasn't called Attila

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭pah

jc77 wrote: »

A number of years ago, I saw a non-English, subtitled movie about the Huns/Attila.

I can't recall the name of it, despite searching online for past number of weeks.

Despite the sketchy details provided, any help in finding title name appreciated.

There's a sticky for this, top of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

jc77 wrote: »

Mongol (2007)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    Mongol (2007)?

Spot on, thanks very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Hey,

Trying to remember a movie I seen a few years ago and google isn't helping.

was a bit of drama/comedy??

the story is about a guy who looks back on his previous failed relationships. and why they didn't work and why he was dumped etc...
    that's all I remember.... its within the last 10 years...think it was british too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Hey,

the story is about a guy who looks back on his previous failed relationships. and why they didn't work and why he was dumped etc...
    that's all I remember.... its within the last 10 years...think it was british too.

Sounds Like High Fidelity. Not British but the book it's based on is, maybe that's causing the memory to be a bit muddled?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Hey,

There was a film on TV fitting this description few nights ago called "My Last Five Girlfriends" - British film made in 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

ah yes that was it, the name is quite obvious when you think about it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Shredder.

Very sorry I never got around to looking at this thread in a bit but that's exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks very much, much appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jockland

Looking for European film name.

Subtitled, possibly French. Shown in UK after midnight in mid-nineties. In the final scene a biker, in leathers; rides at high speed down a road and collides with a prisoner transport van. He is thrown into middle of road, a prison guard gets out and attends to him. There is a iconic, white building in the background, maybe the "Arc de Triomph". Trees line the road on both sides and there is a fog/mist hanging in the air. The scene is filmed from a aerial point of view, then the credits roll over the scene.

Please, can someone identify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Sounds a bit like A Girl On A Motorcycle with Marianne Faithfull.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jockland

Sounds a bit like A Girl On A Motorcycle with Marianne Faithfull.

Nope. That's not it. The biker was a guy, not a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Elizabee9

I've wanted to identify this movie for years... I saw it around 1990. It features a young brother and sister who have been raised by their mother. She dies at the beginning of the film, and the brother and sister somehow end up on an island with an unknown man. The girl falls into a lake/sea and is going to drown, but is rescued by this man. As he rescues her, he sees the locket she wears, which was her mother's, and they all realise the man is actually the children's father. Sound familiar to anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

This is a long shot as I can only really remember one scene from this film I saw years ago.Couple are in the bedroom,woman in bed and hes sitting or standing naked at the end of the bed.She says something like " will you stop masturbating" and he angrly turns and shouts "Im not masturbating!" 70s film American,maybe a comedy thats all I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sean_lawless

I'm looking for a movie that was on NetFlix about two years ago. It seemed to be an interrogation movie with a man from the middle east in captivity and all I remember is that at the end he escapes from the Americans into the wildnerness in the snow and is bleeding out on the back of a white horse.

Does this ring any bells?

I'm looking for a movie that was on NetFlix about two years ago. It seemed to be an interrogation movie with a man from the middle east in captivity and all I remember is that at the end he escapes from the Americans into the wildnerness in the snow and is bleeding out on the back of a white horse.

Does this ring any bells?

Essential Killing

Essential Killing

Yes! Thank you

Ok anyone know this movie - I think it starts with people sitting in an office and next thing this man appears and shoots the whole office up violently killing everybody except this woman who is wondering what the f*** why didn't he shoot me too? Forget the rest

Thanks

Ok anyone know this movie - I think it starts with people sitting in an office and next thing this man appears and shoots the whole office up violently killing everybody except this woman who is wondering what the f*** why didn't he shoot me too? Forget the rest

Thanks

Sounds a bit like He Was A Quiet Man

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0760311/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Kev W wrote: »
    Sounds a bit like He Was A Quiet Man

Forgot to mention he shoots himself after the shooting aswell.

The above doesn't ring a bell

Forgot to mention he shoots himself after the shooting aswell.

The above doesn't ring a bell

That's definitely a different film then.

Maybe you're right about it. Can't check the trailor at the moment as am in work but will have a gander at home. Thanks !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Intox

Looking to find an Irish film I seen late night on RTE years back. The details I can remember:

Shot nearly entirely in Harold's cross park, Dublin

Had an elderly groundskeeper (creepy old man) and a school girl on the mitch from school.

Cheers in advance

Advertisement