Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭MfMan

Kolido wrote: »

Crikey, that was quick! Yeah, that sounds like it alright. Didn't realise the cast was as eclectic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I remember seeing a movie many, many years ago....don't know much about it, but I do know the end scene involved someone being impaled on a pair of shears? Would be so grateful if anyone had any idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Sherfin

I remember seeing a movie many, many years ago....don't know much about it, but I do know the end scene involved someone being impaled on a pair of shears? Would be so grateful if anyone had any idea!

Dead Again ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thanks, good guess, but it actually a pair of garden shears!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭biketard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

There was a trailer out this year where the prince dumps the princes or something like that think it was a comedy. Anyone know the name of it?

I know its a very vague description. I think it was a dark fairy tale where the princess gets rescued and the prince turns out to be an arsehole.

it may have been 2014 also not sure :~

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Sherfin

Thanks, good guess, but it actually a pair of garden shears!

Just after watching Disturbia on BBC and the bad guy gets killed at the end with a pair of garden shears

edit : This it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Animationfan50

I watched this film in fourth grade and I forgot what it is called. I just remembered that a girl who lived on planet Earth went to another planet called Mars. She kept believing that she was going to see the sun rise from Mars but the other children thought that would never happen. Until one day, the sun rose and they saw it but she didn't. Please help me find the name of this movie/film!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Okay so it's a horror film. Early 2000's, this group of American (they could he Canadian) tourists are in Japan and they come across this sleazy club that they're recommended to, I'm sure some of the group protests but it ends up a torture club type deal ala the Hostel series. I think most of the movie is tinted slightly red due to the lighting inside. But I remember that sometime throughout the film the people who work in the club revolt against their leader and this big strong guy puts a box on his head that has these handles on it, used to torture people and it's slowly twisted to the point where their head comes off. That's pretty much all I remember, vague I know. But if you recognise anything it might be... You know, extremely grateful and stuff.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Niemoj wrote: »
    Okay so it's a horror film. Early 2000's, this group of American (they could he Canadian) tourists are in Japan and they come across this sleazy club that they're recommended to, I'm sure some of the group protests but it ends up a torture club type deal ala the Hostel series. I think most of the movie is tinted slightly red due to the lighting inside. But I remember that sometime throughout the film the people who work in the club revolt against their leader and this big strong guy puts a box on his head that has these handles on it, used to torture people and it's slowly twisted to the point where their head comes off. That's pretty much all I remember, vague I know. But if you recognise anything it might be... You know, extremely grateful and stuff.

Cheers

Live Feed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Live Feed?

That's the one!

You're a legend, been looking for the name of it for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 AprilPhilips

On laptop i half saw a trailer for a movie on tv. Think it is a horror and it said someting like
    "It's Him" or "Him" at the end. Anyone know what it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

On laptop i half saw a trailer for a movie on tv. Think it is a horror and it said someting like
    "It's Him" or "Him" at the end. Anyone know what it is?

Sinister 2?

@syklops . Thanks I cant post links

i thought sinister 3 was out now? not sure if thats it. looked at trailer it does not seem to be it. Unless the tv trailer is different?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Downfall, starring Rudolph Hitler.

FACT

Downfall, starring Rudolph Hitler.

FACT

that is not 2015 film?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,487 ✭✭✭brevity

The Gift?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cardinal tetra

Can't remember much. It's an old u.s. army one I think

At the very end, I think they are giving a eulogy on a beach for the main character as he floats in as little dingy toward land, a bit tongue in cheek.

I really don't remember that much about it, it could be 70s.

Thanks asll

• Registered Users Posts: 1 3453262435

I cannot find the following movie, possibly a British drama involving a young couple living in the country side on a farm ? the only thing I remember is a love scene where the young man is working outdoors carrying something in a wheelbarrow (possibly a piece of an engine or something heavy) and the girl kicks the wheelbarrow or trips the guy making him fall down. Her plan to get his attention works and the love scene takes place into the nearby barn or tool-shed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

At the very end, I think they are giving a eulogy on a beach for the main character as he floats in as little dingy toward land, a bit tongue in cheek.

Catch 22?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Sorry, just answered a question that was answered ages ago…

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I asked about this one before but I'm still none the wiser so here goes again.1970s movie about a hispanic/Purto Rican teenage boy set in ,I think,New York.He buys a guitar and goes playing and singing in clubs.With the money he earns he buys presents for his parents,when hes presenting the present to his father which he says is "a moustache mug,from England" his father grabs the guitar and is about to smash it but the mother persuades him not to (I think he was ashamed at his son supporting the family financially).A street gang hanging around outside the familys apartment block hassle the lad when he is walking his young sister to school and take her teddy bear off her.Another scene has him trying to avoid the gang by going down the fire escape or something like that.I saw it when I was about five or six so it deffo dates from before 1980 (the teenage boy had a big Jackson Five type afro).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

darkdubh wrote: »
    I asked about this one before but I'm still none the wiser so here goes again.1970s movie about a hispanic/Purto Rican teenage boy set in ,I think,New York.He buys a guitar and goes playing and singing in clubs.With the money he earns he buys presents for his parents,when hes presenting the present to his father which he says is "a moustache mug,from England" his father grabs the guitar and is about to smash it but the mother persuades him not to (I think he was ashamed at his son supporting the family financially).A street gang hanging around outside the familys apartment block hassle the lad when he is walking his young sister to school and take her teddy bear off her.Another scene has him trying to avoid the gang by going down the fire escape or something like that.I saw it when I was about five or six so it deffo dates from before 1980 (the teenage boy had a big Jackson Five type afro).

Purple Rain starring Prince?

A couple of the scenes you describe sound very like it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Purple Rain starring Prince?

A couple of the scenes you describe sound very like it.

I should have pointed out its not that.Someone else suggested it when I originally posted about it.This came out well before Purple Rain.I estimate it must have been 79/80 when I saw it on the telly so before that.Also I think it may have been a made for TV movie,it had that kind of feel to it.

Not a movie but TV ad, way back early 80s or longer, advertising a beverage, wine I think. Canteloub's Bailero / Chansons d'Auvergne was the soundtrack to it. Anyone remember it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

MfMan wrote: »
    Not a movie but TV ad, way back early 80s or longer, advertising a beverage, wine I think. Canteloub's Bailero / Chansons d'Auvergne was the soundtrack to it. Anyone remember it?

According to wikipedia:

It was recorded by Tony Osborne Sound for use in a Dubonnet advertisement in 1972

I see some refs to it hitting the UK charts in 1973 after the ad campaign.

According to wikipedia:

It was recorded by Tony Osborne Sound for use in a Dubonnet advertisement in 1972

I see some refs to it hitting the UK charts in 1973 after the ad campaign.

Aye, could be. Viewable on youtube or other outlets I wonder? Where can old TV ads be seen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

I'm looking for the name of a film I saw in the cinema a few years ago. It wasn't your typical film, more of a documentary, though not like a documentary either in that it had just "themes", no narration or plot. It was the sequel to a similar film that I haven't seen but that was released in the late 80s/early 90s. This film was released maybe 3 years ago?

It was basically snapshots of humanity/human life/architecture/culture...each snapshot about 1-5 minutes long. Some examples of the snapshots are of an air force pilot bedecked with medals, standing still from a distance. The camera zooms in on him and you soon see he has been badly damaged in a fire...he has extensive skin grafts and no hair. Another snapshot is in Bangkok and there is a rotating platform in a nighclub/brothel with about 10 women dancing on it to thumping music, each of them tagged with a number. Another snapshot is in South East Asia where these girls are doing a traditional dance dressed up in their traditional costumes, with the dance being this twitchy baby-owl like movement.

It or the film that was it's predecesser began with S. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sounds very much like Samsara or Baraka, probably the former as it was released in 2011-12. Baraka came before Samsara just to add some confusion to your last point, but it's probably one of 'em :)

Advertisement