Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Intox wrote: »
    Had an elderly groundskeeper (creepy old man) and a school girl on the mitch from school.

Most likely one of John Carney's early films: Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 froggy1015

Ok I am looking for the title of a movie about people logging in to other peoples bodies instead of the social media they are trying to get to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

darkdubh wrote: »
    This is a long shot as I can only really remember one scene from this film I saw years ago.Couple are in the bedroom,woman in bed and hes sitting or standing naked at the end of the bed.She says something like " will you stop masturbating" and he angrly turns and shouts "Im not masturbating!" 70s film American,maybe a comedy thats all I can remember.

Found it!Its Harvey Keitel delivering the line and the movie is The Mens Club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Jean Claude Van Damme film, all I remember about it is he gets sent to some sort of mysterious island or location and can't leave, I think he gets into a fight there and knocks some big dude into a pool or something.

Can anyone help with the name?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

could be either
    The Quest

or

Double Team

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Jean Claude Van Damme film, all I remember about it is he gets sent to some sort of mysterious island or location and can't leave, I think he gets into a fight there and knocks some big dude into a pool or something.

Can anyone help with the name?

AWOL features a fight scene in a swimming pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Jaygon2009

I'm looking for the title of a short Irish film set in Northern Ireland. It was only about 10-15 minutes long. It had the ambiance of a theatrical piece. I'm pretty sure it was aired on RTE. (and late at night)

It featured an impressionable young man who is ordered to watch over an older man who is being held captive in a basement of some sort. Set in Northern Ireland, I think the general gist is that the older man is to be tortured/killed.

The film features the dialogue between the two men as the captive tries to reason with the young man for his life. It ends with the captive accidentally killing the inexperienced younger captor a result of a struggle and, traumatized, choosing to remain in the basement to await his fate rather than escape.

I saw it sometime in the last 10 years or so but I can't remember the name. It may have been part of a series of shorts of the time.

Does anybody recognize it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

There was a film I watched years ago, on Film4 I believe, I can't remember much but there was an old woman whose house was broken into and she ended up befriending the burglars. I don't know if this was set over the course of a few weeks or all one night but they started doing odd chores around the house for her and at one point did the washing up in full balaclava with her!

Vague as feck but if anyone recognised it I'd be grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mrmkmz

hi guys can you please help me identify the name of the movie from scenes that i can recall.the movies about a preacher/ reverend who as sexual releationship with a nun in his church,the nun gets pregnant and commits suicide.there was a scene in which the nun had sex in a park bench ( stone).i watched on a dvd so its not that old like may be 10 years old,it was my first taste of softcore.thanks in advance

mrmkmz wrote: »
    hi guys can you please help me identify the name of the movie from scenes that i can recall.the movies about a preacher/ reverend who as sexual releationship with a nun in his church,the nun gets pregnant and commits suicide.there was a scene in which the nun had sex in a park bench ( stone).i watched on a dvd so its not that old like may be 10 years old,it was my first taste of softcore.thanks in advance

Sounds a lot like The Monk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

Niemoj wrote: »
    There was a film I watched years ago, on Film4 I believe, I can't remember much but there was an old woman whose house was broken into and she ended up befriending the burglars. I don't know if this was set over the course of a few weeks or all one night but they started doing odd chores around the house for her and at one point did the washing up in full balaclava with her!

Vague as feck but if anyone recognised it I'd be grateful.

Sounds like the Ladykillers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mrmkmz

hi guys can you please help me identify the name of the movie from scenes that i can recall.the movies about a preacher/ reverend who as sexual releationship with a nun in his church,the nun gets pregnant and commits suicide.there was a scene in which the nun had sex in a park bench ( stone).i watched on a dvd so its not that old like may be 10 years old,it was my first taste of softcore.thanks in advance.the last scene as i remember the reverend is having a sermon at the nuns funeral

PS its NOT the monk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

mrmkmz wrote: »
    hi guys can you please help me identify the name of the movie from scenes that i can recall.the movies about a preacher/ reverend who as sexual releationship with a nun in his church,the nun gets pregnant and commits suicide.there was a scene in which the nun had sex in a park bench ( stone).i watched on a dvd so its not that old like may be 10 years old,it was my first taste of softcore.thanks in advance.the last scene as i remember the reverend is having a sermon at the nuns funeral

PS its NOT the monk

Dude Where's My Confession Box

World War 2 movie dating maybe from the late 60s or early 70s about a platoon of American GIs who are stationed in a spooky old big stately home in I presume France.The opening credits sequence shows close ups of old paintings and the like while this soundtrack of strange singing/chanting plays.At the end of the film they're besieged in the house by the Germans and from what I remember most of the characters who are established in the film are killed.

World War 2 movie dating maybe from the late 60s or early 70s about a platoon of American GIs who are stationed in a spooky old big stately home in I presume France.The opening credits sequence shows close ups of old paintings and the like while this soundtrack of strange singing/chanting plays.At the end of the film they're besieged in the house by the Germans and from what I remember most of the characters who are established in the film are killed.

Castle Keep

Thats it,nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

what was that movie about a bunch of young dudes that go on holiday with a corpse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

fryup wrote: »
    what was that movie about a bunch of young dudes that go on holiday with a corpse

Sounds like Weekend at Bernie's (1989).

Hilarious movie.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    There was a film with loads of dinosaurs. Looked good, anyone know the name?

You'd need to be a lot more specific. Try to give what you can of: year/decade/actors/etc.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    It was in a big forest in new Zealand I think...not sure who was in it but there was definitely dinosaurs.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D (2013)?

• Advertisement

I think this was a spaghetti western or at least it was a kind of weird western from that period,60s or 70s.The two main characters were a black man and a red indian who is refered to by the other characters as a "halfbreed".There were some really violent scenes in it,one where chickens in a cage are shot,it looked like they were being shot for real but it was years ago that I saw it so can't be sure.The black man is stoned to death at the end by what looked like a bunch of tramps or hobos and it shows his face covered in blood in close up.Any ideas what film this was?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Anyone know of a movie with a scene were a guy gets cut in half in an malfunctioning elevator by a falling cable?

I know there is such a scene in the Omen 2, but I thought it was in a different movie also.

Perhaps it was the omen I was thinking of but any ideas of another movie with a similar scene?

I think this was a spaghetti western or at least it was a kind of weird western from that period,60s or 70s.The two main characters were a black man and a red indian who is refered to by the other characters as a "halfbreed".There were some really violent scenes in it,one where chickens in a cage are shot,it looked like they were being shot for real but it was years ago that I saw it so can't be sure.The black man is stoned to death at the end by what looked like a bunch of tramps or hobos and it shows his face covered in blood in close up.Any ideas what film this was?
    Could be the McMasters
    Kolido wrote: »
    Anyone know of a movie with a scene were a guy gets cut in half in an malfunctioning elevator by a falling cable?

I know there is such a scene in the Omen 2, but I thought it was in a different movie also.

Perhaps it was the omen I was thinking of but any ideas of another movie with a similar scene?

The Lift or the remake Down

Neither of those Darko, the movie I'm thinking of was not centered around an elevator, just this one scene and would have been 80s/90s

These 2 you mentioned look fun though, might check them out. cheers

Could be the McMasters

No thats not the western,it was set out in the remote desert and I can't remember any significant female characters,the red indian character was a man.I remember the actor who played him looked very obviously caucasian.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Final Destination 2 and Resident Evil have decapitations by elevator?

nothing like a good slice and dice video

Skerries wrote: »
    Final Destination 2 and Resident Evil have decapitations by elevator?

Neither of these Skerries, I'm sure the movie was 80s at the latest as I was quite young when I saw it and the scene freaked me out.

It was quite similar to the scene in the Omen 2, on the other hand it could be the Omen I'm remembering but something tells me it was another movie.

Here is the Omen scene, maybe it will refresh your memories, BE WARNED, its a bit unsettling.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11gx3_damien-omen-ii_news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Neither of these Skerries, I'm sure the movie was 80s at the latest as I was quite young when I saw it and the scene freaked me out.

Hide and Go Shriek (1988) has one but it's a chick that gets decapitated, not a bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭MfMan

Western from maybe 30 years ago or more, perhaps a TVM, it was in colour anyway. An aging gunfighter takes on a young apprentice and teaches him the tricks of the trade. Initially the apprentice is fed up of doing menial tasks and leaves for a while but returns again when he realises he doesn't know enough. The aging mentor makes a gun for him that contains 7 bullets rather than the regulation 6, and teaches him how to shoot flying bottles blindfolded just by listening to their flight.

• Advertisement

MfMan wrote: »
    Western from maybe 30 years ago or more, perhaps a TVM, it was in colour anyway. An aging gunfighter takes on a young apprentice and teaches him the tricks of the trade. Initially the apprentice is fed up of doing menial tasks and leaves for a while but returns again when he realises he doesn't know enough. The aging mentor makes a gun for him that contains 7 bullets rather than the regulation 6, and teaches him how to shoot flying bottles blindfolded just by listening to their flight.

The Legend of the Golden Gun ?

Advertisement