Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

MfMan wrote: »
    Legend!
    Could have sworn it was older.

You can find it on Youtube.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

French period movie set in I think roughly the same historical period of the Three Musketeers.The hero of the film was beheaded in the end and his lover had his head in a box or something as she went off in a stagecoach.Maybe from the 90s,not earlier at least.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

darkdubh wrote: »
    French period movie set in I think roughly the same historical period of the Three Musketeers.The hero of the film was beheaded in the end and his lover had his head in a box or something as she went off in a stagecoach.Maybe from the 90s,not earlier at least.

Queen Margot.

Queen Margot.

Nice one,thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I'm looking for the name of a prison-based supernatural thriller/horror. It was a low-budget, straight-to-video type deal. All I remember is that a guy was executed on the electric chair, and then he came back to haunt the prison officers. I think he might have travelled around the prison through the electrical currents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭patch

I'm looking for the name of a prison-based supernatural thriller/horror. It was a low-budget, straight-to-video type deal. All I remember is that a guy was executed on the electric chair, and then he came back to haunt the prison officers. I think he might have travelled around the prison through the electrical currents.

Shocker. Decent wes craven flick.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

I think it could be called Prison it was out in 1987 or 88. And viggo Mortensen is it in. Might not be that movie tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure it was Shocker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

I vaguely remember this film (or possibly a television programme) from years ago.

The basic plot is that a fairly high-end terrorist organisation have planted a chemical/biological weapon in a water supply reservoir. The bombs were small, electronic devices that could be remotely activated to release the agent into the water. The devices were very small, cylindrical objects with a red light on them.

I'm fairly certain that it was set in Britain, but I'm not 100% sure.

There was a scene in it towards the end where the leader of the terrorists knew he was cornered in his office (he was white-collar Caucasian man, with a shirt and tie and suit) the police/one of the central characters was about to burst into his office to apprehend him, but when they enter the office he has committed suicide (possibly by a gunshot wound to the head).

That's all I remember, and I would be really interested to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

I vaguely remember this film (or possibly a television programme) from years ago.

The basic plot is that a fairly high-end terrorist organisation have planted a chemical/biological weapon in a water supply reservoir. The bombs were small, electronic devices that could be remotely activated to release the agent into the water. The devices were very small, cylindrical objects with a red light on them.

I'm fairly certain that it was set in Britain, but I'm not 100% sure.

There was a scene in it towards the end where the leader of the terrorists knew he was cornered in his office (he was white-collar Caucasian man, with a shirt and tie and suit) the police/one of the central characters was about to burst into his office to apprehend him, but when they enter the office he has committed suicide (possibly by a gunshot wound to the head).

That's all I remember, and I would be really interested to find it.

That sounds familiar to me, i wonder if it could be an episode of The Professionals ?

• Advertisement

martin101 wrote: »
    I think it could be called Prison it was out in 1987 or 88. And viggo Mortensen is it in. Might not be that movie tho.

I think that was it all right,saw it years ago.Really good film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_(1988_film)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

RichT wrote: »
    That sounds familiar to me, i wonder if it could be an episode of The Professionals ?

I think it was a bit more recent that The Professionals, but I could be wrong. There were no drums of the drug in the water supply. Rather they were small, discreet things. I'll look into it, but I don't think that was it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

This is a long shot. Saw it in the mid 80's. It was a tv movie in 2 parts. Set in the 1800's I think. About a man wrongly accused of stealing a watch and sent to prison. There is one scene with two children who escape. They are so afraid of being caught, the tie their hands together and jump off a cliff. Another scene where the man is being transferred or something and their boat sinks. He saves the prison governor and his daughter. It ends where a priest visits him and agrees to take his place. So the man dresses as the priest and escapes. Sorry if that just sounds like drivel but in all the years, I can never remember it being shown again. And at the time we thought it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

sounds like a Tale of two cities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Skerries wrote: »
    sounds like a Tale of two cities

I don't think its that, but cheers for getting back to me.

I posted this in the All Things Retro site.Still none the wiser so I'll just copy and paste the post from there.I think it may have been a short film in the style of The Plank rather than something from a sketch show.

I'm trying to remember a short comedy one off that I saw on the telly in the late 70s or early 80s.The scenario was a chauffeur who was wheeling his employer ,a rich old man in a wheelchair in I think maybe a park.The old man is reading a newspaper and somehow the wheelchair starts rolling down a hill by itself.The chauffeur,who is dressed in a uniform chases after him.All this time the old guy keeps reading his paper and is unaware of whats happening.My memories of it are pretty hazy but by the end of the short the old lad is in a limo and the same thing happens again it rolls off down a hill with the chauffeur chasing after it. It had a kind of Benny Hill feel to it with no dialogue and kind of speeded up action.I'm pretty sure it was a one off along the lines of "The Plank" and not a sketch from a series.I saw it on RTE but I'd say it was British.Anyone know what it might be?

I remember towards the end the wheelchair rolls into a zoo followed by the chaffeur.He is then chased out by either a bear or a gorilla (a guy in an unconvincing suit) all in Benny Hill type speeded up action.Is it ringing any bells?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 badger69

hi just seeing if anyone can figure this out...its and Irish movie I kinda remember it...its about a group of troubled teens...in one scene there's a riot between a group of travellers (I think) and the guards...in another scene a horse gets injured and is put down by a boy with a steering wheel lock...that's all I remember please reply thanks to anyone that gets it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

badger69 wrote: »
    hi just seeing if anyone can figure this out...its and Irish movie I kinda remember it...its about a group of troubled teens...in one scene there's a riot between a group of travellers (I think) and the guards...in another scene a horse gets injured and is put down by a boy with a steering wheel lock...that's all I remember please reply thanks to anyone that gets it!

Crush Proof, by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vintage123

Not much to go on I'm afraid...Well-endowed strawberry blond woman walks onto a porch in an open orange dressing robe. I believe she's playing a mistress role as the main actor (possibly peter fonda or jack nicolson) tries to cover her up as he introduces her uncomfortably. She gives an indignant smile. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vintage123

Not a lot of info, looking to identify a movie that was showcased in a uk cult classics tv show called outTHERE tv. It's possibly a blaxploitation movie with a black actor lying on a bed in a small room with a well endowed brunette (shoulder length hair) straddled on top of him - she's topless and he's fondling her as she moves on top of him. On the wall are two posters. One with MACUMBA in yellow writing and the other with HOT CARS written on it. There could well have been a musical instrument on the bed. Ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭patch

darkdubh wrote: »
    I posted this in the All Things Retro site.Still none the wiser so I'll just copy and paste the post from there.I think it may have been a short film in the style of The Plank rather than something from a sketch show.

I'm trying to remember a short comedy one off that I saw on the telly in the late 70s or early 80s.The scenario was a chauffeur who was wheeling his employer ,a rich old man in a wheelchair in I think maybe a park.The old man is reading a newspaper and somehow the wheelchair starts rolling down a hill by itself.The chauffeur,who is dressed in a uniform chases after him.All this time the old guy keeps reading his paper and is unaware of whats happening.My memories of it are pretty hazy but by the end of the short the old lad is in a limo and the same thing happens again it rolls off down a hill with the chauffeur chasing after it. It had a kind of Benny Hill feel to it with no dialogue and kind of speeded up action.I'm pretty sure it was a one off along the lines of "The Plank" and not a sketch from a series.I saw it on RTE but I'd say it was British.Anyone know what it might be?

I remember towards the end the wheelchair rolls into a zoo followed by the chaffeur.He is then chased out by either a bear or a gorilla (a guy in an unconvincing suit) all in Benny Hill type speeded up action.Is it ringing any bells?

Kinda sounds like one of Mike Murphys old comedy shows where he sets people up on camera....

patch wrote: »
    Kinda sounds like one of Mike Murphys old comedy shows where he sets people up on camera....

No deffo wasen't that.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭FaulknersFav

I was trying to figure this movie's name out at work yesterday. It is a horror movie from the last 5 years. This ex-soldier/mercenary and his wife are living in England. She was involved in some war aswell, I think it was Kosovo. He has an Irish friend who was a soldier there as well. They get visited by some weird woman who stands in his garden at night, his cat gets killed. Eh what else, the two guys get summoned to a hotel to do a job, but it seems sinister. They torture a pedi. Towards the end, the part I remember was they are in a tunnel looking out at some occult ritual, and they start shooting. The Irish guy gets stabbed. That's about it!!! Anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I was trying to figure this movie's name out at work yesterday. It is a horror movie from the last 5 years. This ex-soldier/mercenary and his wife are living in England. She was involved in some war aswell, I think it was Kosovo. He has an Irish friend who was a soldier there as well. They get visited by some weird woman who stands in his garden at night, his cat gets killed. Eh what else, the two guys get summoned to a hotel to do a job, but it seems sinister. They torture a pedi. Towards the end, the part I remember was they are in a tunnel looking out at some occult ritual, and they start shooting. The Irish guy gets stabbed. That's about it!!! Anyone??

It is the absolutely amazing The Kill List.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭FaulknersFav

It is the absolutely amazing The Kill List.

Thank you!! That's it. Fantastic. I just googled it and carried out the usual search of the director, is the more recent "A Field of England" good? The Kill List was fantastic, put it downloading there again. Cheers for the help :)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

I think this was a made for TV movie as I saw it on Sky One circa 1991/92.It was a crime thriller set in the US Deep South and spanning from the 1920s to roughly the 50s and about a sherriff who was also a serial killer murdering young men and burying them.There was another cop who was investigating the killings and finds the pit where the bodys are buried but the killer sherrif shot him and buried him and his moterbike in the pit.There was some subplot too with the KKK and lynchings I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I think this was a made for TV movie as I saw it on Sky One circa 1991/92.It was a crime thriller set in the US Deep South and spanning from the 1920s to roughly the 50s and about a sherriff who was also a serial killer murdering young men and burying them.There was another cop who was investigating the killings and finds the pit where the bodys are buried but the killer sherrif shot him and buried him and his moterbike in the pit.There was some subplot too with the KKK and lynchings I think.

ta da

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiefs_(miniseries)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JMuoholic

This has been bugging me for days. Movie starts with boys climbing on a cliff and finding a treasure map. They show it to an "expert" who claims it's nothing. Then the boys race against the crooked men to find hidden gold inside of a cave. The gold ends up sliding down into a crevice and is lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

JMuoholic wrote: »
    This has been bugging me for days. Movie starts with boys climbing on a cliff and finding a treasure map. They show it to an "expert" who claims it's nothing. Then the boys race against the crooked men to find hidden gold inside of a cave. The gold ends up sliding down into a crevice and is lost.

The Goonies (1985)?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement