Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

its not either of those two lads sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ruadhri44

coconut5 wrote: »
    So happy I found this thread, didn't know it existed.

I had a flashback to this movie when I was trying to go to sleep last night, and now I am dying to find out what it is!

Okay, I think it must be an 80s movie or earlier, it was definitely on as the RTE weekend matinee a good few times in the early 90s. I have vague memories of it, but it absolutely terrified me. I think it is about a family that move into a house where there is already a family of ghosts living. Or maybe they are the ghosts, I'm not sure. I think there were some kinds of cheesy special effects, like levitation or electricity or something, and I seem to remember there were the parents and a teenage daughter and possibly she had a little brother.

I used to watch it for a while, get scared and turn the TV off, then turn it back on. Now I would love to find it again, but I have no idea what it's called. Any ideas? (Sorry, this is very vague, but it's from YEARS ago.)

This is a long shot but could it be Casper?

dunworth1 wrote: »
    guys i have been trying to find a film i seen years ago.

all i can remember from it is a boy goes into a computer game
    and fights machines similar to transformers
    its a 80/90s film.

anyone have any ideas

Could it be Evolver from 1995. Yerman who did Q in Star Trek, The New Generation was in it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112993/

ianhmoore wrote: »
    Yup, that's the movie alright! Really looks aged and dated now! Thanks for finding it, been bugging me for years!

Sometimes being dated adds to the charm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

ruadhri44 wrote: »
    This is a long shot but could it be Casper?

No, it would have been way before that was released, but again, same kind of thing.

As for the computer game one - TRON?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

No, it would have been way before that was released, but again, same kind of thing.

As for the computer game one - TRON?

no its not tron

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ianhmoore

dunworth1 wrote: »
    no its not tron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q11cC4YuyVQ
    Bishop of Battle? (from horror anthology "Nightmares")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M678PVOf5F0
    Captain Power (shown on Super Channel when it first started out, robots had logo's on their chest like transformers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUxDmKFCD2o
    Robot Jox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb09abgOno8
    Evolver

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

I had a flashback to this movie when I was trying to go to sleep last night, and now I am dying to find out what it is!

Okay, I think it must be an 80s movie or earlier, it was definitely on as the RTE weekend matinee a good few times in the early 90s. I have vague memories of it, but it absolutely terrified me. I think it is about a family that move into a house where there is already a family of ghosts living. Or maybe they are the ghosts, I'm not sure. I think there were some kinds of cheesy special effects, like levitation or electricity or something, and I seem to remember there were the parents and a teenage daughter and possibly she had a little brother.

I used to watch it for a while, get scared and turn the TV off, then turn it back on. Now I would love to find it again, but I have no idea what it's called. Any ideas? (Sorry, this is very vague, but it's from YEARS ago.)

Ape X already mentioned this and it sounds like it fits most of the bill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DFacqQp8uw

I saw this on RTE a few years, still quite spooky in its own right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 joerichard

I have two movies.

1. This is a Sci-Fi Film, I caught like the ending of it. I think its probably in the Early 2000s or later 1990s. I saw a bunch of pac-man-like creatures with sharp teeth flying around a plane that might have been going through some vortex or something. That's all I remember about it.

2. This is a martial arts film in which one guy is immortal or something and he actually ends up dying by falling into a cheese vat with boiling cheese. I think people fight with umbrellas or something ridiculous in the movie. This one may be more obscure or harder to find, because its not an American movie.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,146 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

joerichard wrote: »

2. This is a martial arts film in which one guy is immortal or something and he actually ends up dying by falling into a cheese vat with boiling cheese. I think people fight with umbrellas or something ridiculous in the movie. This one may be more obscure or harder to find, because its not an American movie.

Surely not this? :D

Or this?

I'm guessing this:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

1. This is a Sci-Fi Film, I caught like the ending of it. I think its probably in the Early 2000s or later 1990s. I saw a bunch of pac-man-like creatures with sharp teeth flying around a plane that might have been going through some vortex or something. That's all I remember about it.

Sounds like Stephen Kings, The Langoliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

I have two movies.

The Langoliers??

Based on a Stephen King short story

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭seanp_25

This is a film that I know was on Channel 4 the night of Saturday February 25th 2012, but I can't find the listings anywhere to check it.

95% sure this was Chinese (maybe Hong Kong or Singaporean). When I looked it up on IMDB I found a lot of the crew were Italian (or maybe French?)

It was Chinese language with English subtitles. Might have had Red or Crimson in the title?

It was about an orphanage for kids (most seemed about 6 or 7), and one in particular is getting into trouble a lot with the women running it. I remember him saying "**** you" to them at one point. For some reason the clothes they were wearing has holes cut around the ass, I guess so they wouldn't **** their clothes?! At the end he escapes and finds himself in a country just a repressive as the school / orphanage he left behind.

Hazy memories, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭brian_t

seanp_25 wrote: »
    This is a film that I know was on Channel 4 the night of Saturday February 25th 2012, but I can't find the listings anywhere to check it.

95% sure this was Chinese (maybe Hong Kong or Singaporean). When I looked it up on IMDB I found a lot of the crew were Italian (or maybe French?)

It was Chinese language with English subtitles. Might have had Red or Crimson in the title?

It was about an orphanage for kids (most seemed about 6 or 7), and one in particular is getting into trouble a lot with the women running it. I remember him saying "**** you" to them at one point. For some reason the clothes they were wearing has holes cut around the ass, I guess so they wouldn't **** their clothes?! At the end he escapes and finds himself in a country just a repressive as the school / orphanage he left behind.

Hazy memories, sorry!

Little Red Flowers

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0492473/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Red_Flowers

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

I can remember watching a movie years ago that I can't for the life of me remember the name of. It was a fantasy kids movie with magic and witches and I think there was a princess. I can't really remember much about it but I do remember that the main character's name was Heather and I think he may have been a dwarf or something along those lines.

I know its not a lot to go on but it's wrecking my head so all suggestions are appreciated!

toodleytoo wrote: »
    I can remember watching a movie years ago that I can't for the life of me remember the name of. It was a fantasy kids movie with magic and witches and I think there was a princess. I can't really remember much about it but I do remember that the main character's name was Heather and I think he may have been a dwarf or something along those lines.

I know its not a lot to go on but it's wrecking my head so all suggestions are appreciated!

Is it Willow?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Is it Willow?

Yep! main character's name was Willow not Heather :D Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 joerichard

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Blue850 wrote: »
    The Langoliers??

Based on a Stephen King short story

Thanks, those were right.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ianhmoore

Old movie, pre 97, probably 80's for sure.

It was one of those "Crazy Nanny" type movies (no, it's not "The Hand That Rocked The Cradle").

It was about a nanny who was overly religious (as far as I can remember) and she was hired to help out a family (of course, she just got out of a mental ward or a home or something I think). Anyway, I remember the Family had an adopted Son and Daughter who were in a secret relationship and at one stage, they admit their feelings to their parents. The Son was also given a gift of a key finder (ya know, you whistle and it beeps or plays a tune to find your keys)(told you it was old!).

I just remember the nanny going nuts and killing people. At one stage either the son or the daughter is hiding outside in the darkness as the nanny stalks around with a shotgun. When she can't find them, she whistles and the key finder goes off. This allows her to find the person and shoot them.

As far as I remember, the nanny survives in the end and it's implied that she gets away with it (see, I even spoiled the movie for those that don't want to see it!).

Anyone remember what this is? I have a feeling it was a cheapy on VHS.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JBthearmorer

I saw a movie on TV in the late 80s. It was about a teen-aged couple who were living or hiding in a deserted country house. They are the only characters I remember being in the movie. It chronicles their relationship (There was a PG13 scene in a bathtub.) The girl gets pregnant and has the baby with only the boy's help but I can't remember how it ends or their names. Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

ianhmoore wrote: »
    Old movie, pre 97, probably 80's for sure.

It was one of those "Crazy Nanny" type movies (no, it's not "The Hand That Rocked The Cradle").

It was about a nanny who was overly religious (as far as I can remember) and she was hired to help out a family (of course, she just got out of a mental ward or a home or something I think). Anyway, I remember the Family had an adopted Son and Daughter who were in a secret relationship and at one stage, they admit their feelings to their parents. The Son was also given a gift of a key finder (ya know, you whistle and it beeps or plays a tune to find your keys)(told you it was old!).

I just remember the nanny going nuts and killing people. At one stage either the son or the daughter is hiding outside in the darkness as the nanny stalks around with a shotgun. When she can't find them, she whistles and the key finder goes off. This allows her to find the person and shoot them.

As far as I remember, the nanny survives in the end and it's implied that she gets away with it (see, I even spoiled the movie for those that don't want to see it!).

Anyone remember what this is? I have a feeling it was a cheapy on VHS.

Thanks!

'Flowers in the Attic' maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JBthearmorer

Is it The Others with Nicole Kidman?

Is it The Others with Nicole Kidman?

No, it has to be at least 70s or 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Departed

No, it has to be at least 70s or 80s.
    Poltergeist?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Departed

Saw film in tesco about a man in new york who meets a woman and has a relationship.I know thats is vague but google has not come up with any thing. i think there is something ususual about the woman. DVD cover has a picture of them sitting on a couch, she has a black dress

Found it

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

I read recently about a new UK produced movie which I think was to be released in 2012. I can't remember the name of it now and can't find anything about it either. It had some notable familiar actors in it both British and Irish.

I think the film was based on/related to a family living in a council house somewhere in the UK that experienced poltergeist activity. It wasn't the Enfield Poltergeist though. Anyone come across this? Driving me mad now!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Sounds like the Awakening. Decent enough movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1687901/

Looks good I'll have to try and catch that but don't think it's the one I read about before. I've just read they're making a movie of the 'Enfield Poltergeist' due for release in October 2012 so maybe I just had my wires crossed..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Could be When the lights went out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1743993/

• Advertisement

Could be When the lights went out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1743993/

That's it! Thanks a million :D

Advertisement