Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭roganjosh

Apologies for the lack of information but I'm looking for a film I watched easily 20 years ago, possibly starring John Candy. From what I can remember he runs a stops sign in the middle of nowhere, gets arrested and for some reason ends up staying in the judges house. It then turns into a House of Horrors of sorts. One thing that sticks out is I remember the "Judge" was able to peel the skin off his own nose

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

roganjosh wrote: »
    Apologies for the lack of information but I'm looking for a film I watched easily 20 years ago, possibly starring John Candy. From what I can remember he runs a stops sign in the middle of nowhere, gets arrested and for some reason ends up staying in the judges house. It then turns into a House of Horrors of sorts. One thing that sticks out is I remember the "Judge" was able to peel the skin off his own nose
    That's 'Nothing But Trouble'.. has come up before in this thread AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

One from the 80's. A bit sketchy but it had a criminal in a sort of trippy nightmare world who was holding someone important (president?) hostage. The hero had to go into this world and save the hostage. In one scene the bad gut rips a mans heart out of his chest and says something like "have a heart".

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

One from the 80's. A bit sketchy but it had a criminal in a sort of trippy nightmare world who was holding someone important (president?) hostage. The hero had to go into this world and save the hostage. In one scene the bad gut rips a mans heart out of his chest and says something like "have a heart".

Think it might have come up in here before, Dreamscape maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Think it might have come up in here before, Dreamscape maybe?
    Thanks, that was quick :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

a 1970s maybe 60s comedy western

a scene i remember was some preacher pretending to heal a young lady by carrasing her breasts, but then her daddy appears and the preacher legs it in fast motion

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ianhmoore

kitakyushu wrote: »
    'Flowers in the Attic' maybe?
    Thanks for the suggestion, but i think it's even older than that one. Plus in this one, the parents were still alive (until psycho nanny kills them both). I'm pretty sure it's a cheapo, so might be a hard one to track down.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ianhmoore

philstar wrote: »
    a 1970s maybe 60s comedy western

a scene i remember was some preacher pretending to heal a young lady by carrasing her breasts, but then her daddy appears and the preacher legs it in fast motion

I'm pretty sure it's a scene from this movie....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ballad_of_Cable_Hogue

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Departed

Could be When the lights went out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1743993/
    what true event is it based on? Enfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

Departed wrote: »
    what true event is it based on? Enfield?

IMDb cites a haunting in Yorkshire in 1974 but I haven't seen any background for this. They seem to be making another movie about Enfield. The date on the below link is 2013 but I've read it's due out for Halloween this year too...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2122495/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Looking for a tv show (couldn't c a thread on same for TV) in the early nineties , used to be on rte one or 2 around lunchtimeish bout a little boy for one reason r another ends up in a woods fending for himself has to eat rabbit explore the unknown I know its fairly vague but here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 samigur

I saw only a part of this movie. The male and female take a train and have sex in the train. the villain group hijack the train and they recover the passwords from the two people that were having sex to hack into the satellite that can bomb countries from space. Guess it's a famous movie. Could someone post the name of the movie please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

samigur wrote: »
    I saw only a part of this movie. The male and female take a train and have sex in the train. the villain group hijack the train and they recover the passwords from the two people that were having sex to hack into the satellite that can bomb countries from space. Guess it's a famous movie. Could someone post the name of the movie please?

Under Siege 2: Dark Territory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_Siege_2:_Dark_Territory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

samigur wrote: »

Under Siege 2, I think Steven Segal might've publically apologised for it, I kinda liked it though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2 samigur

brian_t wrote: »

Thanks.

@actuallylike: Thank you, too. You guys are fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭goddevil

I am trying to remember the name of a movie that resembles Dead End(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308152/)

The movie is similar where a coupe take a wrong turn and they start driving through an endless road. They encounter a man who's badly hurt by an accident which we later find out is the same man who is driving the car. The movie just goes around in a loop.

The movie released around the middle of the decade.

Can anyone please out with the movie. Its been driving me crazy tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,020 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Looking for a tv show (couldn't c a thread on same for TV) in the early nineties , used to be on rte one or 2 around lunchtimeish bout a little boy for one reason r another ends up in a woods fending for himself has to eat rabbit explore the unknown I know its fairly vague but here's hoping.

Long shot, but - Stig of the Dump?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Long shot, but - Stig of the Dump?

No fraid not he was in the woods as if it were now his home there was no going back to family

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gzmdmc

coconut5 wrote: »
    So happy I found this thread, didn't know it existed.

I had a flashback to this movie when I was trying to go to sleep last night, and now I am dying to find out what it is!

Okay, I think it must be an 80s movie or earlier, it was definitely on as the RTE weekend matinee a good few times in the early 90s. I have vague memories of it, but it absolutely terrified me. I think it is about a family that move into a house where there is already a family of ghosts living. Or maybe they are the ghosts, I'm not sure. I think there were some kinds of cheesy special effects, like levitation or electricity or something, and I seem to remember there were the parents and a teenage daughter and possibly she had a little brother.

I used to watch it for a while, get scared and turn the TV off, then turn it back on. Now I would love to find it again, but I have no idea what it's called. Any ideas? (Sorry, this is very vague, but it's from YEARS ago.)

Would it be Mr. Boogedy??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Boogedy

dunworth1 wrote: »
    its not either of those two lads sorry

The Last Star Fighter?

• Advertisement

How about 'My Side of the Mountain' .. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064708/

dunworth1 wrote: »
    guys i have been trying to find a film i seen years ago.

all i can remember from it is a boy goes into a computer game
    and fights machines similar to transformers
    its a 80/90s film.

anyone have any ideas

The Last Star Fighter?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

I'm looking for the name of a film from either the late 60's or early 70's. It was British made afaik and the entire cast were budgies. The voiceovers for the budgies had British accents. It was very entertaining as some of the budgies had hats and aprons and spectacles and some drove little cars. Any help in identifying the film would be greatly appreciated. T/A

Scawgeen

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

Found it, it's Bill and Coo, it's American and it's from 1948

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

gzmdmc wrote: »
    Would it be Mr. Boogedy??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Boogedy

Yes, I think that's the one. This vid seems to support the cheesy special effects, and I remember the man in a cape, and there was definitely a carnival at some stage. Legend, thanks!

coconut5 wrote: »
    Yes, I think that's the one. This vid seems to support the cheesy special effects, and I remember the man in a cape, and there was definitely a carnival at some stage. Legend, thanks!

You're welcome! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

looking for a horror movie; big brother style zombie flick set in england :D cheeers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

darego wrote: »
    looking for a horror movie; big brother style zombie flick set in england :D cheeers

Dead Set was a TV mini-series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1285482/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 deepmemory

I need help to identify a movie that I saw when I was child/teenage on a TV. The story is about a black male child that come to a house where it turned out to be a prison/lair for kidnapped children. The antagonist (child kidnapper) was the householder (either only a male or a couples of husband-wife (?)). Then either the black kid found out their secret so the antagonist trapped the black kid into their house and tried to kill him, OR the black kid discovered their house so the antagonist decided to kidnap/kill him (?). Either way, the black kid eventually got trapped into their house, so he tried to run away from the antagonist and find a way to get out of the house. Inside the house, the black kid was helped by a white female child (who had been kidnapped by the houseowner (?)). The female child was very agile - moving and crawling from behind house wall - helping the black kid. Probably the female child was kidnapped since baby, thus she grown up in the house and never leave the house so she was very adapted into the house environment. In the end, the bad guy was defeated and their crime was exposed.

I remember vaguely, the title or dialogue has words "born under star" or something like that. The words refer to the black kid whom his mother said he is a lucky child because he was born under ... star..., like that.

The movie is a colored film. The spoken language is english. The background of movie is in a modern city, not sure what country it is, but it's probably U.S. or it can be U.K. too. The 80% of movie scenes are happened inside the house. Unfortunately, I forget what year I watched the movie. The release year must be before 2008.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

deepmemory wrote: »
    I need help to identify a movie that I saw when I was child/teenage on a TV. The story is about a black male child that come to a house where it turned out to be a prison/lair for kidnapped children. The antagonist (child kidnapper) was the householder (either only a male or a couples of husband-wife (?)). Then either the black kid found out their secret so the antagonist trapped the black kid into their house and tried to kill him, OR the black kid discovered their house so the antagonist decided to kidnap/kill him (?). Either way, the black kid eventually got trapped into their house, so he tried to run away from the antagonist and find a way to get out of the house. Inside the house, the black kid was helped by a white female child (who had been kidnapped by the houseowner (?)). The female child was very agile - moving and crawling from behind house wall - helping the black kid. Probably the female child was kidnapped since baby, thus she grown up in the house and never leave the house so she was very adapted into the house environment. In the end, the bad guy was defeated and their crime was exposed.

I remember vaguely, the title or dialogue has words "born under star" or something like that. The words refer to the black kid whom his mother said he is a lucky child because he was born under ... star..., like that.

The movie is a colored film. The spoken language is english. The background of movie is in a modern city, not sure what country it is, but it's probably U.S. or it can be U.K. too. The 80% of movie scenes are happened inside the house. Unfortunately, I forget what year I watched the movie. The release year must be before 2008.

Sounds a bit like The People Under the Stairs, though i haven't seen it in years so can't confirm the exact details you mention

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105121/

Advertisement