Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well Folks,

Trying to think of the name of a movie, not gonna guess a year as it could be late 90's or early 2000's.

A guy has a gorilla named Emma (I think) who he has thought sign language to. The gorilla has a back pack that translates the sign so essentially the gorilla is speaking.

Anywho they head off into the jungle to return her to the wild when they run into killer silver gorillas near a volcanic mountain.

For the life of me cannot remember the name, cheers.

The Gorilla was called Amy. Always had a soft spot for Congo, great fun it was. Particularly the Bruce Campbell cameo and the the Delroy Lindo scene......"STOP EATING MY SESAME CAKE!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Spot on, sound as a pound bud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

ive been trying to find this film for a while. think it was out in the early - mid 90's, i can kinda remember seeing it as a youngster.

George clowny may have been in it.

it was about 3 lads who were in a small town in america and robbed the local bank but didn't make a get a way and ended up staying in the town and becoming friends with all the locals and ended up staying in the bank managers house.

can't really remember much more details bout the film.

does anyone have an idea what film i'm on about??

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

mackeire wrote: »
    ive been trying to find this film for a while. think it was out in the early - mid 90's, i can kinda remember seeing it as a youngster.

George clowny may have been in it.

it was about 3 lads who were in a small town in america and robbed the local bank but didn't make a get a way and ended up staying in the town and becoming friends with all the locals and ended up staying in the bank managers house.

can't really remember much more details bout the film.

does anyone have an idea what film i'm on about??

Trapped in Paradise, Nicholas Cage was in it I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Here's a movie that's been bugging me. I remember seeing it probably in the late 80's and it being newish at the time so I'm guessing it's a mid 80s production, tho don't limit it to those dates as I could be wrong on that.

It was set in the Australian outback. The story was set in a sort of old pub or restaurant, really rustic (imagine the kind of place Crocodile Dundee might hang out). A huge storm hits the the town (iirc in the story they had been warned it was coming, some people left , others stayed and made preparations). The storm hit at night and I remember one scene vividly where a tree or something blown by the storm breaks the electric/telephone lines so the people in the movie and therefore stranded to deal with the situation alone.

I'm probably making it sound like some post apoc thriller but it really wasn't that complex. It was just a sort of straightforward storm hits and people have to deal with it story. Might have even been a true story considering how matter of fact it seemed to be to me.

Maybe it rings a bell for someone here? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Trapped in Paradise, Nicholas Cage was in it I think.

fair play to you. ive been trying to think of that for a few years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

This one should be fairly straightforward :

In the movie I'm trying to remember the hero (either Clint Eastwood or Paul Newman probably) is a cop and is sent on some roundabout journey to meet the bad guy.

The bad guy has him on the radio and is telling him to drive here, drive there, go to this phone box and pick up whatever etc.

In the bit I remember he's told by the bad guy to go to a swimming pool and get into it wearing his clothes. He has to then go from one end of the pool to the other then get out and get back into his car. The idea being that the dip in the pool will destroy any mic's or recording equipment he might have on him.

Anyway, it's crime, prob 70's 80's, big star hero taking a walk thru a swimming pool with his clothes on. Rings any bells?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

kitakyushu wrote: »
    This one should be fairly straightforward :

In the movie I'm trying to remember the hero (either Clint Eastwood or Paul Newman probably) is a cop and is sent on some roundabout journey to meet the bad guy.

The bad guy has him on the radio and is telling him to drive here, drive there, go to this phone box and pick up whatever etc.

In the bit I remember he's told by the bad guy to go to a swimming pool and get into it wearing his clothes. He has to then go from one end of the pool to the other then get out and get back into his car. The idea being that the dip in the pool will destroy any mic's or recording equipment he might have on him.

Anyway, it's crime, prob 70's 80's, big star hero taking a walk thru a swimming pool with his clothes on. Rings any bells?

Think you're combining Dirty Harry with Clint and Ransom with Mel Gibson

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

American comedy set at the time of the Vietnam war about 3 or 4 college kids going on a road trip. One is going to Canada to dodge the draft but another one is a goody two shoes who wants to serve his country.

There's a big guy with them who is obsessed with incredible hulk comics and starts to think he is the hulk and a guy lying unconscious in the back of the car who doesn't wake up until the end of the film.

Seem to recall a bit where they tried to hook their car to a passing train to get a tow, any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Im looking for a hammer or hammer type horror I saw as a kid.the ending scene had a chap standing on top of a building arms stretched out then falls off im slow mo, with a crazy rock track in the background!

Please be warned the accuracy of the above scene may not be great, I just have a distant memory of it! Used to love those hammer films!

American comedy set at the time of the Vietnam war about 3 or 4 college kids going on a road trip. One is going to Canada to dodge the draft but another one is a goody two shoes who wants to serve his country.

There's a big guy with them who is obsessed with incredible hulk comics and starts to think he is the hulk and a guy lying unconscious in the back of the car who doesn't wake up until the end of the film.

Seem to recall a bit where they tried to hook their car to a passing train to get a tow, any ideas?
    Fandango

Thanks Wextext. Funny I didn't remember Costner being in it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Okay this is a recent flick but under the radar or possibly only a local (Germany I think) release. It was a run of the mill horror, someone is trapped inside a house, the movie actually picks up where the person wakes up in the house and is trying to escape... in the cinema a phone is taped under one of the seats... the person on the screen finds a phone in the house, makes a call... the cinema phone rings.. .audience has to help her out of the house.

Anyone?

Skinfull wrote: »
    Okay this is a recent flick but under the radar or possibly only a local (Germany I think) release. It was a run of the mill horror, someone is trapped inside a house, the movie actually picks up where the person wakes up in the house and is trying to escape... in the cinema a phone is taped under one of the seats... the person on the screen finds a phone in the house, makes a call... the cinema phone rings.. .audience has to help her out of the house.

Anyone?

Man, that sounds shiiiiiit :pac:

Dying to know what it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Sounds bizarre, sure you didn't dream it.

A quick google brings this up, no sound at my computer but it looks ridiculous!:P

"Left or right?"
    "Get your bappers out!"

A quick google brings this up, no sound at my computer but it looks ridiculous!:P

"Left or right?"
    "Get your bappers out!"

Weird.
    Are you able to send her the wrong way so you can get her killed?

Thats it! Thank you! C'mon! How much fun does it look?

Though I'm guessing its pretty linear, if you send her the wrong way you will be blocked on that path and end up going back the intended way. Still though, great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭yuppies

Here's one for yous: A (comedy?) film (possible made in the 1960s) where either Jesus Christ, or a man who everybody mistakenly believes to be Jesus Christ, turns up in an Irish village? Saw it on rte one afternoon, like 9 years ago!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 johnlol

Hi all. Here's a movie I've been looking for for a long time. It's a futuristic movie. I remember the main male protagonist likes a female officer after seeing her for a couple times. He dreams about her, and this machine was able to catch his dream. In the dream, she walked up to him and gave him her hat.

I also remember the imprisonment in the movie is unique. Characters are placed in small circles of light beams. Touching the beam burns. In one of the scenes, one character blew air at another character's jail beams, and the hot air from the beam burned the other character's skin.

yuppies wrote: »
    Here's one for yous: A (comedy?) film (possible made in the 1960s) where either Jesus Christ, or a man who everybody mistakenly believes to be Jesus Christ, turns up in an Irish village? Saw it on rte one afternoon, like 9 years ago!

That sounds like "whistle down the wind".

• Registered Users Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've one I haven't been able to figure out for years.

Mid 90s. Kids riding around on BMX bikes - what stuck in my memory though is one of the main kids wears a Nine Inch Nails - Downward Spiral shirt for some of it and at one point, they are in his house playing Doom. I think he had scruffy longish black hair.

That's it. Can't remember anything else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Hi all, would have been an early 00's film, possibly Disney?

It's to do with camping scouts and 1 or 2 are kidnapped, I vaguely remember there being a few references to poison ivy in there too..

Leeg17 wrote: »

It's to do with camping scouts and 1 or 2 are kidnapped, I vaguely remember there being a few references to poison ivy in there too..
    "bushwhacked" maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've one I haven't been able to figure out for years.

Mid 90s. Kids riding around on BMX bikes - what stuck in my memory though is one of the main kids wears a Nine Inch Nails - Downward Spiral shirt for some of it and at one point, they are in his house playing Doom. I think he had scruffy longish black hair.

That's it. Can't remember anything else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

"bushwhacked" maybe?

Nope, thanks though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 AeroplanikO

Ok so I am looking for a sci-fi movie where some scientists of some sort are on a spaceship and have some sort of solid (ice?) thing in a lab and they are trying to find out what it is. It seems to send signals using binary code. I haven't watched the movie to the end so I don't know what was in the solid thing. They were trying to get it out. It's like the movie The Thing (2011) but it takes place on a spaceship and is much more scary. thanks in advance. btw it's an old movie I think. Before 2000

Leeg17 wrote: »

Hey would it be One Small Hero?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭yuppies

That sounds like "whistle down the wind".

spot on!

Advertisement