Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

New Home wrote: »
    No ideas at all?

Macaroni starring Jack Lemon?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

No Jack Lemmon (but I want to watch that, now. :))

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

80's or 90's action-comedy. Set in America, it had two mexican bounty hunters who were rivals trying to protect a woman, they have to team up and work together.
    In one scene they dare each other to eat a hot chilli pepper and they have to glug water out of a goldfish bowl, while the woman has them at gunpoint.
    Another scene one of the guys uses a tazer with the wires but hits a chicken by mistake and ends up dragging it after him, he also uses it on a massive bad guy but it has no effect.
    The tazer bounty hunter keeps ending up in court for animal cruelty by accident. Ring any bells?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sounds like a bad remake of A Fish Called Wanda.

80's or 90's action-comedy. Set in America, it had two mexican bounty hunters who were rivals trying to protect a woman, they have to team up and work together.
    In one scene they dare each other to eat a hot chilli pepper and they have to glug water out of a goldfish bowl, while the woman has them at gunpoint.
    Another scene one of the guys uses a tazer with the wires but hits a chicken by mistake and ends up dragging it after him, he also uses it on a massive bad guy but it has no effect.
    The tazer bounty hunter keeps ending up in court for animal cruelty by accident. Ring any bells?
    Grand Slam?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098808/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭stormthecastle

siblers wrote: »

Thats a tv series but sounds right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

By jove that's it. Thank you :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

This is a long shot but does anyone remember mid to early 90's they had a late night season on Sky1 (not the Sky movie channel, the original regular Sky channel) where they showed obscure horror B-movies? Can't remember most of them but one shown was the Incredible Three Headed Transplant (1971). There was another one I saw that's bugging me, it was this very off the wall black and white science fiction/comedy film from probably the early 60's. It was about these two astronauts who are sent to the moon and the only bit I can clearly remember is they meet this bunch of red indians on the moon. There was a bit where the two astronauts and the red indians are sitting around a campfire and they're smoking a peacepipe (I think). One of the indian's, who I clearly remember was wearing jeans starts dancing around the fire and there followed this bit that seemed to last for ages with no dialogue with just him dancing in a circle and the others around the fire. What the hell is this film or did I dream it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

This is a long shot but does anyone remember mid to early 90's they had a late night season on Sky1 (not the Sky movie channel, the original regular Sky channel) where they showed obscure horror B-movies? Can't remember most of them but one shown was the Incredible Three Headed Transplant (1971). There was another one I saw that's bugging me, it was this very off the wall black and white science fiction/comedy film from probably the early 60's. It was about these two astronauts who are sent to the moon and the only bit I can clearly remember is they meet this bunch of red indians on the moon. There was a bit where the two astronauts and the red indians are sitting around a campfire and they're smoking a peacepipe (I think). One of the indian's, who I clearly remember was wearing jeans starts dancing around the fire and there followed this bit that seemed to last for ages with no dialogue with just him dancing in a circle and the others around the fire. What the hell is this film or did I dream it?

FatherTedDreamsreality_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-348898

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

There are three movies that I saw in the cinema about 5 to 10 years ago but I can't remember their names.

The first is probably the easiest one for people to identify. It is an Italian film about a guy in his late 50s / early 60s who loves to party with his friends. It opens with one of these parties in an apartment which I'm sure was beside the Colosseum and I'm also pretty sure there was a scene set outside the Roman walls with an artistic dancer. I can't remember the themes of the movie but I think it was to do with his aging and legacy. Anyway, I think it is fairly well known. I just can't remember its name.

For the next two I only have a vague memory of a specific scene.

The second movie was a fairly low budget gritty and raw American crime drama set in a fairly cold and icy place. The main character was a female police officer who I'm pretty sure was of an Eskimo or Native American decent. The scene I remember near the end was a car chase on an icy lake. This car chase was a fairly realistic one and not like an action movie car chase. I don't think this movie has any well known actors.

The third movie I remember has a scene where one or possibly two characters have to go to a house in the middle of nowhere to bring back someone who was being kept there. I think the tension of the scene was from these characters having to move through this house filled with junkies/criminals without raising suspicion. I also think after this scene, there is a scene where they are driving through a forest to escape. It was a crime drama/thriller and I think its leads might be well known actors.

• Advertisement

The Great Beauty/La Grande Bellezza?

New Home wrote: »
    The Great Beauty/La Grande Bellezza?

Yeah thats the Italian movie. Thanks

There are three movies that I saw in the cinema about 5 to 10 years ago but I can't remember their names.

The first is probably the easiest one for people to identify. It is an Italian film about a guy in his late 50s / early 60s who loves to party with his friends. It opens with one of these parties in an apartment which I'm sure was beside the Colosseum and I'm also pretty sure there was a scene set outside the Roman walls with an artistic dancer. I can't remember the themes of the movie but I think it was to do with his aging and legacy. Anyway, I think it is fairly well known. I just can't remember its name.

For the next two I only have a vague memory of a specific scene.

The second movie was a fairly low budget gritty and raw American crime drama set in a fairly cold and icy place. The main character was a female police officer who I'm pretty sure was of an Eskimo or Native American decent. The scene I remember near the end was a car chase on an icy lake. This car chase was a fairly realistic one and not like an action movie car chase. I don't think this movie has any well known actors.

The third movie I remember has a scene where one or possibly two characters have to go to a house in the middle of nowhere to bring back someone who was being kept there. I think the tension of the scene was from these characters having to move through this house filled with junkies/criminals without raising suspicion. I also think after this scene, there is a scene where they are driving through a forest to escape. It was a crime drama/thriller and I think its leads might be well known actors.

Is the second one "Frozen River"?

Is the second one "Frozen River"?

Yes, that's it thanks. I had remember that native American character as a policewoman but I was mistaken.

Long shot but is the last one "Narc"?

Long shot but is the last one "Narc"?

No because it is outside the timeframe. I definitely saw the movie in the cinema in Dublin. I moved to Dublin in 2007 and Narc is 2002.

It might be The Place Beyond the Pines but I'm unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭roganjosh

Is the third one Out Of The Furnace?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Can't remember or find who was looking for this,

It was bugging me for ages as I vaguely remembered seeing it.

A 1970s movie, guy just of prison, his friend is killed in a train waiting room and he is followed by a van with blacked out windows.

Great cast and enjoyable movie;

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

British black and white movie from I'd say the 50's and set in the East End of London. About either a wrestler or boxer who has to fight an opponent who might have been Italian or Spanish, Mediterranean anyway. The opponent is highly tipped and is portrayed as very cocky and full of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

British black and white movie from I'd say the 50's and set in the East End of London. About either a wrestler or boxer who has to fight an opponent who might have been Italian or Spanish, Mediterranean anyway. The opponent is highly tipped and is portrayed as very cocky and full of himself.

Night and the City?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

My memory of this particular movie is hazy because it was so long ago possibly late 90s early 2000s.

The film takes place on a cruise ship and it involves a giant squid-like creature that eats people. Sorry, that's about all I can remember. Hopefully, someone on here can recognise the film from my description.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

RHJ wrote: »
    My memory of this particular movie is hazy because it was so long ago possibly late 90s early 2000s.

The film takes place on a cruise ship and it involves a giant squid-like creature that eats people. Sorry, that's about all I can remember. Hopefully, someone on here can recognise the film from my description.

Deep rising i think? Famke Jannsen was in it. Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Deep rising i think? Famke Jannsen was in it. Link

Thank you that's definitely it I don't care what the critics say I thought it was a great movie.

Riskymove wrote: »
    Night and the City?

That's American, the film I'm talking about is British, set in the East End of London.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

That's American, the film I'm talking about is British, set in the East End of London.

You are probably thinking of the remake

The original is set in London
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_and_the_City

Riskymove wrote: »
    You are probably thinking of the remake

The original is set in London
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_and_the_City

My mistake. The Greek wrestler thing seems to fit but I don't think the film I remember was so much a crime thriller, more of a family drama type thing. I think the main wrestler guy had a son or a younger brother and also a blond girlfriend.

I don't know if this is from a film or a tv series, it was from 4/5 years ago and I have a very vague memory of it.

The film or tv show would have been a darkish comedy

There's a scene set in an American suburb where a kid is acting the bollocks and this older guy (I think in his 30s or 40s) goes over to him and punches him.

I remember at the time I found it hilarious but have no idea what it's from, I know that it's very vague

I thought initially it was Eastbound And Down but it doesn't appear to be.

Shameless (the US version)?

No, I never watched that but it would have been the same type of humour

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Stepbrothers ? They fight all the kids at the end?

Advertisement