Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Character balance changes in Ultra.
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2014/05/15/usfiv-character-change-videos

Ryu

Blanka

Cammy

Bison

Evil Ryu

Gouken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'll probably get the disc release seeing that I'm travelling and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Gouken sounds beast

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

(e) Ryu fadc change makes me sad :(

Simon_K wrote: »

Cammy fadc change makes me happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Universal SRK FADC nerf is welcomed, at least in my opinion. Never should have been in the game in the first place if you ask me. FADC should only be do-able on hit, or backdash on block, after a SRK. Me and Doyler messed around with it in Cannes and it's definitely really punishable, -5 is a giant frame disadvantage. The risk/reward for a SRK FADC was just too out of proportion, at least now it's in line with what it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Simon_K wrote: »

It's 4 years late tbh.

It makes me sad because I'm in the process of learning it hehe. It is (was) broken, wakeup shoryu to ultra especially...

It definitely shakes up the metagame for shotos/DP characters a little. -5 is pretty much a punish for every character in the game. I still think Cammy is extremely good in this version and E Ryu is now a really solid character, it just means you'll have to work a little harder to open an opponent up. I think this is a really good thing. Cammy is still gonna have her dive nonsense, her pressure is still there, and delayed wakeup definitely hinders characters like her a little, but in reality, not all that much, so this change does help ease the pain of nonsense rushdown. This change affects Seth the most IMO, it's pretty much the nail in his coffin, as if his nerfs weren't bad enough anyway.

IMO the system changes themself don't affect the game at all in it's current state, outside of the DP nerfs, which I think are great decisions on Capcom's part (No bias, I play mainly DP characters!). I think delayed wakeup is extremely unintuitive, and really won't have an affect on the game apart from remove UBs, which I'm not even sure it will do (unless they changed hitboxes/hurtboxes, I'm not too up to date on the changes). As always new characters are welcomed, Rolento was mad fun and so was Poison, if anything Ultra will add some longevity and much needed balance to the current game. I rarely even touch SF, I'm just waiting until Ultra rolls out to bother with it again, I'm sure a LOT of people feel this way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

...damnit all, a DLC tournament is gonna be hell to run :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

look at this damage

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ladnopoka wrote: »
    look at this damage

Good thing Guile was nerfed, game breaking so he was...

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Almost Cody level!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Full super, full ultra, on a low health low stun character, plus a 50:50 chance at blocking. Yeah it's crazy good but let's not forget all of the factors that lead to this.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Good thing Guile was nerfed, game breaking so he was...

This salt is delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Full super, full ultra, on a low health low stun character, plus a 50:50 chance at blocking. Yeah it's crazy good but let's not forget all of the factors that lead to this.

Still a bit much.

Full meter for 414 DMG? Seems fine to me :confused:

Bison has something similar on character with below average stun.

J.HP, Cl.HP xx HK.SK EX.RFA, CL.HP x LK/HK.SK

Bison can then do a cross up/non cross up Pyscho Crusher or EX.PC frame trap in the corner. Any with 900 stun or less will be dizzied.

After the dizzy he can do a jump combo, totally damage would be over 800, more if he has Ultra stocked.

Not massively practical though.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Ramza wrote: »
    Full meter for 414 DMG? Seems fine to me :confused:

I think it's just the stun people are freaked about.

Speed Boat wrote: »
    I think it's just the stun people are freaked about.

I wouldn't have thought Akuma getting dizzied after eating an entire meter would be all that strange...

• Advertisement

Sorry, what I meant was the stun off that confirm. MP buffer shoulder is a regular Yun footsie and it's easy to confirm it to the red focus. It's technically unsafe on block but very hard to punish with most of the cast.

the thing is yun can kill akuma just from 1 shoulder buffer confirm...

Yeah buts its Akuma........so justice!

He can pretty much already kill Akuma anyway with a st.MP confirm into shoulder xx genei jin, into a mixup after super. It's one reason why it's a bad matchup for akuma as is. I do agree that does look nasty though, albeit very situational. Akuma also has a gdlk teleport guys

You can do it for 3 bars ( I know that combo is 4) and build stun.

I don't recall how stun works during his super.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Nerd that Sh*t

wait till people figure out cody's usf4 damage combos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ramza wrote: »
    He can pretty much already kill Akuma anyway with a st.MP confirm into shoulder xx genei jin, into a mixup after super. It's one reason why it's a bad matchup for akuma as is. I do agree that does look nasty though, albeit very situational. Akuma also has a gdlk teleport guys

You don't even have to hit the divekick 50/50 at an angle where Yun could get a full combo afterwards or anything though, the jab alone after it kills Akuma. It is pretty mental. Super did in or around the same damage but it didn't leave Akuma about to be stunned afterwards (also you build a bit of meter back after the red focus). I don't know if it's broken or whatever but it does look a bit crazy from first impressions.

Guilds Flash kick fadc forward is now -5 as well. The hits just keep on coming!

• Advertisement

I guess we won't be seeing crazy FADC combos anymore?

Advertisement