Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

SF4:AE, as the thread title suggests ;) Also GG xrd when it comes out.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Majority play on Xbox 360.
    All tournaments are held on Xbox 360.

Its the tournament standard.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A lot of people have dual modded sticks (myself included, I even have a PS3 copy of the game but my PS is in mothballs from disuse) but as time wears on it becomes more and more apparent that 360 is the better standard for tournaments.

Cool, good to know - thanks guys. Any idea where I can get my stick modded for cheap?

Simon_K wrote: »
    Cool, good to know - thanks guys. Any idea where I can get my stick modded for cheap?

You could ask Ko Kiki here or ask Alkalinear recordings on facebook (check out the Galway Street fighter community).

I just bought a qanba 3 in 1, dual modded out of the box with sanwa parts.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I messed up and got a PS3 TE - totally forgot I'll need it to work on xbox360. But for 80 euros, I don't think it's too bad.

Yeah, I messed up and got a PS3 TE - totally forgot I'll need it to work on xbox360. But for 80 euros, I don't think it's too bad.

80 squid is a great price for a TE, regardless, so yeah nothing to be ashamed of :)

Just get in contact with one of those lads and they should be able to tell you the cheapest/ easiest way to do what you want.

Yeah, the price was good so I didn't check what it's going to take to mod. Apparently x360 are easier to mod, although I will probably go for x360+ board and hope for ps4 support (apparently its working)!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

i wreckon they will get it working

The good thing about the ps360+ board is the ability to update firmware... and the fact that you dont have to solder the wires ;) If anyone else is interested, I'll be buying one soon (split the delivery cost if more people join in) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

The good thing about the ps360+ board is the ability to update firmware... and the fact that you dont have to solder the wires ;) If anyone else is interested, I'll be buying one soon (split the delivery cost if more people join in) :)

I'd be interested in this. I have a 360TE and would love to get it working on the ps3 and in the future the ps4. Just let me know a price as I'm broke as feck

I found a couple of sellers, the price is around 55-60 euros (or 46 if imported from play-asia, but the wait time is much longer).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I'll sus out the funds.. Unless I can sell a copy of metroid prime trilogy... Oh the joys of brokedom. I'll let you know :)

Cool. I'll probably get the boards here -> http://www.smallcab.net/ps360-universal-usb-player-p-434.html#.U2ko0_ldVuQ

16 euro for delivery, so 49 + 8 each! Or less if anyone else feels like joining :)

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

I know I'm breaking the USF4 discussion here atm...

...But check this rare cody play footage, especially in the second round...

...TOO SICK.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Remind me, Ladno, what exactly has changed in Ultra that hurts Cody? His own personal changes all seemed to be buffs.

Damage nerf to his ultra 2, EX CU no longer throw invincible, pushback halfed (easier to punish)

ladnopoka wrote: »
    Damage nerf to his ultra 2, EX CU no longer throw invincible, pushback halfed (easier to punish)

Knew about the EX CU pushback nerf, but didn't realise it lost throw invincibility as well.

Ultra 2 at least moves further forward as well, which I had thought would make it possible to punish fireballs etc. from further away than before. Am I wrong about that?

Me and doyler tested u2 moving forward more in cannes, it looks exactly the same and is really hard to punish fireball with it... and the 50 damage nerf is huge

That IS ass :/

• Advertisement

Like the way he completely omits the buffs he got.

Also latest build reports say his walk speed has been improved a lot, matching Ryu's walk speed.

Azza wrote: »
    Like the way he completely omits the buffs he got.

Also latest build reports say his walk speed has been improved a lot, matching Ryu's walk speed.

where are you reading the changes?

Here's the thing ladno, there's loads of crap floating around at the moment. None of these changes are official, some people are saying it's not final, and none of this is coming from Capcom. I've also read loads of scuttlebutt saying people are wrong about Guile's U1 and that there's hidden buffs for him too.

After doing everything the way a proper competitive game is supposed to up to the arcade release with change logs etc it seems Capcom have decided to ignore the requests of the players and returned to type.

Those changes are official but there not necessarily final, and they have been confirmed by Capcom.

Capcom have said there is a hidden buff for every character that the players will have to find themselves.

The Guile nerfs where due to feed back from Japanese Arcades.

So Capcom are still taking feedback from players.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Has anyone been playing around with the PC mod that has all the ultra changes for the existing cast ?. Online is supposed to work provided both people have the mod installed, seeing as gfwl will be gone next month, better get those games in now.

Talk about timing. Xbox 360 Games with Gold for this June will include Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/three-free-xbox-360-games-being-offered-in-june-including-dark-souls/1100-6419603/

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Unreal Ibuki

Release dates for Ultra confirmed:

- Digital add-on: June 3rd (PSN), June 4th (XBL)
    - Disc: August 5th

http://shoryuken.com/2014/05/15/ultra-street-fighter-iv-digital-upgrade-heading-to-consoles-on-june-3-physical-release-scheduled-for-august-5/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Man, dat 2 month wait between DLC and disc releases.

I had originally planned to pass on the DLC in order to get the disc version, like I did for AE.
    But that was a two week wait. I don't think I could manage an 8 week wait.

• Advertisement

I use a Super disc with AE DLC, so I'd always planned to get the DLC version. Helps that I'll be getting a free digital copy of the full AE game around the same time.

Advertisement