Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Whats wrong with the DJ changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Doyler01 wrote: »
    It made Deejay players realise they're playing the wrong character :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Ramza wrote: »
    Ah, my bad. That's a great change then

That is really strange, will it still be usable in combos now?

Also, didn't Yun get his divekick buffed? Or was I dreaming when I read that? Also Sakura#s changes are quite good, just wish her EX Tatsu was at least 0 on block, don't get why it's +2, still a silly move

Still useable but not a lot of point using it over C.MK which does more damage and is one frame quicker.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Nothing! They're super!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

They should remove knee drop with deejay. It just encourages deejay players to play like dopes.

Tbh it sounds like he got buffs that he needed but will still reek of anus.

Doom they nerfed U1 damage but Red Focus gives ez ways for folks to land ultras. Seems fair to me.

Sagat with the godlike nerfs. Still The King

Sagat players on srk are crying over his nerfs - https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/capcom-save-sagat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

The Hound wrote: »
    They should remove knee drop with deejay. It just encourages deejay players to play like dopes.

Tbh it sounds like he got buffs that he needed but will still reek of anus.

Doom they nerfed U1 damage but Red Focus gives ez ways for folks to land ultras. Seems fair to me.

Sagat with the godlike nerfs. Still The King

Annoying ass move, nerf is welcomed, it got a great buff so don't really see what the issue is

Dat st.lk buff is great for Sagat, so is the Ultra in corner buff, makes it more consistent. Will HK tiger knee connect fully now on crouchers off a bnb? If so that's a great buff

Going to learn someone else and just change Deejay from an agressive character to an out and out turtle. I'm doing to bore the utter **** out of everyone. Blame Capcom.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Going to learn someone else and just change Deejay from an agressive character to an out and out turtle. I'm doing to bore the utter **** out of everyone. Blame Capcom.

Do the changes make him more of a turtle?

I thought they made offence more viable across the board. You just have to be a little less brain dead with lk sobat during footsies and then on ur wake up.

The knee changes are way more of a buff than a nerf.

Are DJ players mad cus they expected more or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

When's this bloody game coming out already.

Need to knock all-a-y'all on the floor with my shoryuKEN.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Lythero wrote: »
    When's this bloody game coming out already.

Need to knock all-a-y'all on the floor with my shoryuKEN.

Digital on June 4th.
    Disc in August.

• Advertisement

Digital it is then. But I'll be playing Mario Kart 8 first since it'll be out sooner and in all honesty, is probably going to be the better fighting game too.

Gotta get me one o' them 'we-you' yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

2 weeks? Hype.

When's PC version coming out btw ? I'll double dip on ps3 and pc, but would much rather play on PC exclusively, my PS3 is dyin.

Simon_K wrote: »
    2 weeks? Hype.

When's PC version coming out btw ?

Also August.
    PS3 version's out on June 3rd.

**** Capcom :v I wonder if thats because of GFWL/transfer to steamworks.

Nah, PC version always came last with every other update, by about as long.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I thought they made offence more viable across the board. You just have to be a little less brain dead with lk sobat during footsies and then on ur wake up.

You should try playing footsies with Dee Jay for a while. One of his normals will need a serious boost to even start to compensate for the sobat nerf.

As for MGU, The whole of SF4 is being changed that there's less of the "safe wake up" going on. I think Dee Jay was never going to get away with something better than that tbh.

You should try playing footsies with Dee Jay for a while. One of his normals will need a serious boost to even start to compensate for the sobat nerf.

But sobat got buffed too? It's much safer now which will change its usefulness big time. Like vs Guile.

As for normals getting boosted...

• Far Standing MP start-up reduced by 1 frame (7F → 6F)
    • Crouching LK start-up reduced by 1 frame (5F → 4F)
    • Crouching MP hitbox expanded forward
    • Crouching MK damage increased by 10 (70 → 80)

Nothing spectacular but its a start. His st hk isnt the worst either iirc and his walk speed is grand. He's not meant to be footsie king, he's meant to use his riddum

I think that, as a community, Deejay players expected a stronger character given the fact he was pretty much the worst character (definitley bottom 3) in AE2012 and given Capcoms talk that this version would balance the game more. No one wanted god-tier, just to fix a few of his glaring faults as a character, the main one being something to deal with meaty pressure on wakeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

They did improve that since they made EX MGU faster and throw invincible though.

• Advertisement

But sobat got buffed too? It's much safer now which will change its usefulness big time. Like vs Guile.

As for normals getting boosted...

• Far Standing MP start-up reduced by 1 frame (7F → 6F)
    • Crouching LK start-up reduced by 1 frame (5F → 4F)
    • Crouching MP hitbox expanded forward
    • Crouching MK damage increased by 10 (70 → 80)

Nothing spectacular but its a start. His st hk isnt the worst either iirc and his walk speed is grand. He's not meant to be footsie king, he's meant to use his riddum

Guile is going to ANNIHILATE him now.

At range, boom kills him already.

Little closer, his new better cr mk will stuff Dee Jay's only viable option to close (sobat), I know that and I'm going to be spamming it because what's he going to do?

If I feel like owning him with another button I can always use ST hp. What's he going to do?

Plus because a flash kick is easier to react with than SRK he pretty much never lands a knee shot on Guile.

The new LK sobat will be better in situations where the pressure is already on but Dee Jay is going to have to work insanely hard to get that chance on Guile. Or Sim for that matter, he's going to be a nightmare...

(This, of course, without playing the char. If they really did give him a decent normal buff it could be void.)

They should've given him a maraca projectile move.

grenaca_zps3ed6b0e2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Lythero wrote: »
    They should've given him a maraca projectile move.

grenaca_zps3ed6b0e2.jpg

Capcom hire this man

Yeah red focus whateve-

NEW CHARACTER SELECT MUSIC!!!

Jesus. I assume that was training mode and Red Focus health doesn't recover anywhere NEAR that quickly?

OK so i havent been following the red focus development at all. Is it a "timed" parry sort of thing or what?

OK so i havent been following the red focus development at all. Is it a "timed" parry sort of thing or what?

Hold buttons to laugh off Ultras.

Does the change to Dan's light dankukyaku make it work like Sagat's light tiger knee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

EDIT: Azza has a significantly more comprehensive and accurate description below!

Red Focus works sort of the same as a regular focus, but with a few key differences:
    It costs 2 meters. (Red Focus Attack Dash Cancel is 3 meters)
    It absorbs infinite hits.
    Each hit it absorbs builds twice as much Ultra meter as normal.
    It jumps straight from Level 1 Focus to Level 3 focus or something? Crumples at Level 1? Not sure on that last point.

Advertisement