Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Wonder if this means anything...

Wish solid news would emerge. It's been rumours and teasers and whatever for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

SFV a PS4 exclusive?

I'm already sold on PS4, but that will put the nail in the coffin in terms of XBO for tournaments.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Wonder if this means anything...

Wish solid news would emerge. It's been rumours and teasers and whatever for so long.

Street Fighter Kart Racing! Madcatz Tournament Edition Racing Wheel confirmed.

In all seriousness though, does anyone else really wish that Hadouken Cabs were a real thing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

SFV a PS4 exclusive?

I'm already sold on PS4, but that will put the nail in the coffin in terms of XBO for tournaments.

****ing hell. I had never even considered the possibility of a single console exclusive SF. That'd be all kinds of nuts.

I really doubt it'd happen though. Sony would have to drop some serious money on the table to get that kind of deal. Though with all this talk of Capcom being in dire straits financially, maybe they might be open to a gigantic up front cash injection...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sairus wrote: »
    ****ing hell. I had never even considered the possibility of a single console exclusive SF. That'd be all kinds of nuts.

I really doubt it'd happen though. Sony would have to drop some serious money on the table to get that kind of deal. Though with all this talk of Capcom being in dire straits financially, maybe they might be open to a gigantic up front cash injection...

Don't forget, Sony DID drop serious money with Capcom for the SFxT PS3 exclusive characters.

Regardless of the popularity of the game, that would not have been a cheap investment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Timed exclusive would make more sense, though I wonder if Microsoft still have that policy to discourage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

The whole #4ThePlayers campaign is based around Sony's prestige as a gaming manufacturer. It's looking BACK at the company's successes, not forward towards new things. I think they just used Street Fighter because it's retro and iconic (also why SF2 sound effects and characters were used rather than anything newer). I really think that's the only reason for it.

Ono's announced he's announcing something. He's not announced an exact date for the announcement, but he announced that the announcement will probably be sometime next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Ono's announced he's announcing something. He's not announced an exact date for the announcement, but he announced that the announcement will probably be sometime next week.

Xzibit.png

Loketests start on the 29th, so we should be seeing some heavy rumours about balance changes soon.

I wonder if Ono's announception is something they want to test.

• Advertisement

WTF is going on...

Something big must be on the horizon. There's no other reason there'd be so many Street Fighter appearances in PS4 promotional material.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Awesome launch trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/saikyo_blog/2013/11/15_7591.html

Just saw this posted by a Lythero fangirl on his facebook..
    Delayed wake up mentioned here. Wtf?

Doyler01 wrote: »

Source:
    そして、3つ目の新バトルシステムである
    「ディレイスタンディング」
    ・・・が体験できます!

ディレイスタンディングは、ダウン起き上がりのタイミングを通常よりも遅らせることができます。
    これで、キッツい起き攻めに対して対策を練ることができます。

Shoddy Google translation (those with knowledge of more than just Katakana, please feel free to provide a better one):
    And, it is the new battle system of third
    "Delay Standing"
    · I can experience!
    Delay is standing, can delay than usual timing of got up down.
    Now you can develop strategies for against attack occurred well Kitts.

Well, that's certainly one way to remove unblockables, I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

It's the no-brainer way if sorting unblockables and free safejumps all day.

I'm somewhat worried however about that picture of a Blodia trading card over a SF4 screen... whats that all about? :pac:

Doyler01 wrote: »

The 2 rumoured mechanics that Ono's supposed to be talking about (all of this conjecture) are either a delayed wake up option or a guard meter.
    It's the no-brainer way if sorting unblockables and free safejumps all day.

I'm somewhat worried however about that picture of a Blodia trading card over a SF4 screen... whats that all about? :pac:

Someone I kind of trust over on the Guile forum claims to have been talking to combofiend and he said one of the Guile changes where to delete some of his idle hitbox behind his shoulders. Apparently, this was causing some of his problems. If delayed wake up is in the game, I don't see why you'd do that.

For the record I think both delayed wake up and guard meter are bad ideas for this game. If you get the knockdown you should be rewarded: if you block well you shouldn't be punished.

EDIT- Wait- is that an official blog?

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The only reason for a guard meter is if delayed wakeup is in, then the person who got the knockdown can still get a big reward even without safejump/OS setups.

I don't like adding new mechanics to the IV series after four years of roughly the same game. New characters were added, but the only major system change was a choice of Ultras.

Delayed wakeup, guard meter and red focus will make this feel like a completely different game.

Eventscrubs translated it- looks official.

Not sure how I feel about this one...

EDIT- Wait- is that an official blog?

:/

It would appear so, Doom. :/

• Advertisement

There's got to be some serious limits to this ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

delayed wake up is a pile of gimmicks... thank god so far there is not sfxt roll in this... I really dont like the delayed wake up thing... even though my character benefits from this.

ladnopoka wrote: »
    delayed wake up is a pile of gimmicks... thank god so far there is not sfxt roll in this... I really dont like the delayed wake up thing... even though my character benefits from this.

Despite it being of benefit for Cody with his poor wake up, I thought you'd be upset all your set ups are looking a bit hamstrung now.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Despite it being of benefit for Cody with his poor wake up, I thought you'd be upset all your set ups are looking a bit hamstrung now.

They would fix the unblockables anyway, there wont be any safejumps then because of an option to delay wake up (if this option is in a range of a lot of frames)

The set ups however will always be there, maybe it will be harder to do them or something... Even if the existing set ups wont work anymore there will always be new set ups :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

There's got to be some serious limits to this ability.

This is how it worked in CVS2:
    - Tactical Recovery (delayed get ups) add 15 frames to your rising animation.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/arcade/562704-capcom-vs-snk-2/faqs/24355

I, for one, think the game's mechanics could do with some freshening up, but I've been saying that since SSF4.

In other news, USFIV is now confirmed for Japanese arcade release in April 2014, digital download versions shortly after.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2013/11/15/usfiv-release-date-information

EDIT: This was posted on Galway Street Fighter FB page - more details about the mechanics to appear at location tests:
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/nov/15/red-focus-can-reportedly-absorb-hits-double-digits-developers-may-be-considering-animation-delayed-wake-more-potential-usf4-info/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

ladnopoka wrote: »

Your character has bad spray, that's a ridiculous wake up gimmick, gtfo

Delayed wake ups helps with the UBs I guess, but also makes the game slower paced. There will probably be ways to setup unblockables if in the case your opponent delays wake up? This is seriously gonna **** with Akuma

This game doesn't need a guard crush meter, no way. It would be a game mechanic that only a handful of characters would benefit from, and a LOT would suffer from it. Imagine Rolento in this game with guard crush lol, just no. Game doesn't need it this far into it's lifespan

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah I've be saying for years Bison needs more wake up options........also the potential for time wasting via delayed stand is delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Take note, that unlike his Street Fighter X Tekken incarnate; he will not be taking any prisoners this time around.

HINT HINT

**** yes, El Gado in the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Advertisement