Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭koko_PoPs

i get ya, weird. must be some frame data error as im just doing it on a standing opponent no knockdown or anything.
    or maybe im neo and there is no spoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Which character?

The Hound wrote: »
    Which character?

the last one i did it on was ken

I tried it but cant get it to combo

are you going for close light punch to close heavy punch. it doesnt work using turbo, just in case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Thawk combo:
    cl.LP -> cl.HK
    works, Hound.

koko_PoPs wrote: »
    are you going for close light punch to close heavy punch. it doesnt work using turbo, just in case
    ye cl lp to cl hp. I cant get it to combo

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Just in case; you're sure you're on AE2012?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

ye cl lp to cl hp. I cant get it to combo

Scrub

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Scrub

• Advertisement

Did anyone else hit it? I tried again there, I'd say about 100 attempts with no success. Then I turned counter hit on, and got it third try, got it about 75% of the time after that. Counter hit back off, couldn't get it again.

What version of the game are you on? I'm wondering if the game maybe drops slightly below 60 FPS at some times on some systems and causes weird behaviour like this or something. You know, because my execution is flawless, so that's the only explanation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Kanped wrote: »
    Did anyone else hit it? I tried again there, I'd say about 100 attempts with no success. Then I turned counter hit on, and got it third try, got it about 75% of the time after that. Counter hit back off, couldn't get it again.

What version of the game are you on? I'm wondering if the game maybe drops slightly below 60 FPS at some times on some systems and causes weird behaviour like this or something. You know, because my execution is flawless, so that's the only explanation :)

T-hawk is trash, Play Superman

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

didnt know where to post this, but over in Russia they found "completely lagless monitor"

http://www.3dnews.ru/770857

One of my friends is using the BENQ G2420HD (the one im using now for myself and i think its lagless)
    and he got one of these and he told me that it is much better than the benq.

Just throwing it out there... I dont know myself if this monitor is good or not.

im working with pc, so it may be affecting something but that would be pretty shambolic to allow new combos based on systems. its defo AE 2012and counter-hit is defo not on. it seems kiki got it aswell

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Thawk combo:
    cl.LP -> cl.HK
    works, Hound.
    The combo is Close Light Punch to Close Heavy Punch which I cant get to combo Or have I been trying the wrong combo?

The combo is Close Light Punch to Close Heavy Punch which I cant get to combo Or have I been trying the wrong combo?

nah it is cl lp to cl hp.
    cllp to cl hk makes sense according to official frame data

also according to all versions of street fighter t-hawk has never had a change to his close heavy punch

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

im working with pc, so it may be affecting something but that would be pretty shambolic to allow new combos based on systems. its defo AE 2012and counter-hit is defo not on. it seems kiki got it aswell

What's your framerate option set to? I remember seeing something before where if it was set to variable then weird things could happen.

There's no way that combo works under normal circumstances. I was hitting it on counter-hit at least 90% of the time and not once without it, even if the cl. HP was triggered by the second input of the plink (I mean, I'm just eyeballing it but it felt that way and it should happen 50% of the time) i.e. the first HP input was too soon to come out. The plink would only work if it's input on the next frame, which means the cl. HP came out as soon as possible and didn't combo. The damage of 170 is correct, though. Something weird going on here, to be sure. Try turning off any AA and filtering, turn Vsync on, double check your framerate settings and see if you can hit it then (this should be identical to console settings, I think).

There's no way that combo works under normal circumstances. I was hitting it on counter-hit at least 90% of the time and not once without it, even if the cl. HP was triggered by the second input of the plink (I mean, I'm just eyeballing it but it felt that way and it should happen 50% of the time) i.e. the first HP input was too soon to come out. The plink would only work if it's input on the next frame, which means the cl. HP came out as soon as possible and didn't combo. The damage of 170 is correct, though. Something weird going on here, to be sure. Try turning off any AA and filtering, turn Vsync on, double check your framerate settings and see if you can hit it then (this should be identical to console settings, I think).

ijust checked vsync on framerate set to smooth, everything else is set to its lowest. im gonna record it and upload it, not gonna be great quality but ill show my training options fiurst then the combo. then let the conspiracy theories abound

• Advertisement

ijust checked vsync on framerate set to smooth, everything else is set to its lowest. im gonna record it and upload it, not gonna be great quality but ill show my training options fiurst then the combo. then let the conspiracy theories abound

Framerate set to smooth? Ah, that might explain it. It's supposed to be on 'fixed'. I think 'smooth' actually messes with the framerate more than 'variable'.

Come to casuals and see if you can combo it on console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Could definitely be an oddity caused by refresh rates, I've seen mad things happen in the past running PS2 games on 50Hz (SC3 hit-grabs losing their active frames, teleporting Terry in KoFMI, etc).

i think weve cracked it. yes i cant get it to combo either on steady frame-rate. you should just for the satisfaction change it to smooth and do the combo!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Placebo wrote: »
    No idea but I hope it doesn't over-complicate SF. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://shoryuken.com/2013/10/24/new-gameplay-mechanics-for-ultra-street-fighter-iv-announced-red-focus-use-of-both-ultras/
    First off, players will be able to choose both Ultras, giving them access to two of these powerful attacks at the cost of minimized damage. Also, new Red Focus Attacks will absorb more than one hit, though it does cost two bars to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Location Tests & New Battle Mechanics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Removed unblockables?

...****

Thats fantastic news, cheap characters be damned

Also Red Focus sounds very quirky, will probably be tweaked heavely by release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

They ruined street fighter.

Advertisement