Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

ladnopoka wrote: »
    why cant they make 2 supers?

That would require paying an animator

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Ono was just on Capcom fighters. He said there is another huge announcement to the system change. Not Red parry or 2 Ultra options.

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

Will be in the archive of this, just before the Grand Final between Fuudo and Gamerbee. Zhi translates what Ono had to say

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

ladnopoka wrote: »
    Just realised that it will be possible to red focus hondas jab hands

Stev0, you're going down.

Youd have to guess i was gonna do jab hands, what if i just press jab, really dont see people wasting two metres to guess, it could be good vs certain moves.

Probaby hurts fei long the most, chicken wing becomes a gamble vs anyone with two metres, other than that it might be cool to see someone red focus an entire ultra or something.

The two ultras thing needs to go. Completely unbalanced system change, helps some chars alot and doesnt do anything for others (honda) hope they remove it.

Was anyone looking for system changes outside of getting rid of unblockables, the game just needed to be balanced a bit away from cammy and seth rush down not completely altered.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

After 5 years, some system changes will do more to keep the game fresh than a mere balance update.

I'm hype for the changes. Now hurry up Capcom and start showing off some balance changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Ono said that theres another system change thats gonna be announced later...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Word going around saying it could Delayed wake ups or easier link combos

Delayed wake ups is big, not so much with easier links

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Nutrient wrote: »

It better not be sfxt style combos

Delayed wake up timing would be a disaster too.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Nutrient wrote: »

no no no please, thats all ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The New change is you can give your character a neon purple face like sfxt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Can we just wait and see what the this new mechanic actually is before we all start crying about it?

It's amazing how resistant to change people can be sometimes.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

The reason I found 4 so good was because what was in the game worked. (outside of balance issues and broken stuff like unblockables) You had supers, ex moves, Ultras and focus attacks.
    The reason I personally never liked SFxTK is because it crams WAY too many mechanics into the game which weren't implemented right. Seriously: Switch cancels, cross rush, cross arts, cross assault, ex moves, super arts, chargeable moves to ex/super, Pandora, Gems... game was a mess because of being focused on too many ideas and then on top of all that having boost combos which led to Yummy brainless jab pressure.

Hopefully Capcom take what is a great game and polish it without changing it too much or becoming bogged down with mechanics. This whole 'will have a fresh feel' is a little worrying, but I'm probably over reacting. Some new mechanics are welcome sure, but 4 is so massively popular because it feels like 4. If they want a fresh feeling fighting game, make 5 already :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Rumour regarding fifth new character (Gamefaqs forum post, so take with bucketful of salt):
    According to a recent French cast, the fifth character was teased to have their gameplay 'cloned' from an existing character in the cast, and is very similar to two characters from SFA3. The caster ends by saying 'October is a good month, isn't it?'

There's a lot of speculation that this means the new character is Xiayu, one of the dolls, whose name means October:

BXHAYay.jpg
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/722788-ultra-street-fighter-iv/67582989/762665546

Yreval wrote: »
    Rumour regarding fifth new character (Gamefaqs forum post, so take with bucketful of salt):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/722788-ultra-street-fighter-iv/67582989/762665546

Thats interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

A rumor from GameFaqs? That's like a whole new level of rumor.

I would definitely assume that the new character will be a clone of some sort, but I really hope not. This patch is already super cheap looking with copy/pasted stages and characters. I'm hoping the final character is where they pump all their budget into and make an actually new character.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Calling it now: Roxy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It'd be a major letdown if after all this suspense the new character was a skin of Poison or Cammy.

Smart money is on Andore Jr...

It'd be a major letdown if after all this suspense the new character was a skin of Poison or Cammy.

Smart money is on Andore Jr...
    The problem with this situation is Capcom is under no real pressure to do anything special for this new character. Anyone who's going to buy this game is already planning on buying regardless if it's Violent Ken or not.

They know all the core SF4 players are dying for an update and people on the fringes who bought Super or even AE will likely not pick up yet another SF version, so they have no need to aim high.

To be fair, they have added brand new characters to the roster in every iteration of SF4 so far: Abel, Fuerte, Rufus and Viper, then Juri and Hakan, and then Oni. Therefore we can probably take them at their word when that they say that the fifth character is new to fighting games. It's probably not going to be a completely new concept like, say, Hakan, and given the copy/paste nature of this update, it may very well be a clone of an existing character, unless they decide add one of the background characters from the canon, like Goutetsu or Gou Hibiki (which would be retarded, since they're dead).

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

They aren't adding any new animations or models into the game as far as we've seen. It's engine tweeks and porting assets from SFxT. That leads me to think (may have mentioned it before) it's Carlos from Final Fight 2, because they can cobble him together from assets made for Yoshimitsu and others. Whoever it ends up being, I would expects their moves to be primarily (or entirely) taken from SFxT cast members.

Therefore we can probably take them at their word when that they say that the fifth character is new to fighting games. It's probably not going to be a completely new concept like, say, Hakan, and given the copy/paste nature of this update, it may very well be a clone of an existing character, unless they decide add one of the background characters from the canon, like Goutetsu or Gou Hibiki (which would be retarded, since they're dead).

Bison has died at least twice at this point.

Gouken got killed too and the official explanation is he slept it off. Lol.

Never underestimate how loose canon can be for SF :)

• Advertisement

Bison has died at least twice at this point.

Gouken got killed too and the official explanation is he slept it off. Lol.

Never underestimate how loose canon can be for SF :)

Gouken, I'll give you. Bison's just your run-of-the-mill unkillable bad guy who actively invests resources in cheating death.

Gou and Goutetsu have been dead a lot longer than Gouken was napping. :P

Gouken, I'll give you. Bison's just your run-of-the-mill unkillable bad guy who actively invests resources in cheating death.

Gou and Goutetsu have been dead a lot longer than Gouken was napping. :P

There's no difference between them and Gouken coming back tbh- they died from the same thing (getting Akumaed) and I would guess IF they wanted to do it they could say they taught Gouken the silence technique thingamebob he used to survive the demon. It'd still be, as you say, a bit silly!

I'd LOVE if Go Hibiki was the one coming back though. They could hide his identity with a mask and call him Mr. Shotokan. Joke compete and they could continue with Dan thinking his dad is dead!

Milkymen wrote: »
    To be fair, they have added brand new characters to the roster in every iteration of SF4 so far: Abel, Fuerte, Rufus and Viper, then Juri and Hakan, and then Oni.
    "Brand New"
    He's clearly Gouken's character model with moves from a bunch of sources. He's got an interesting playstyle and they did heavy tweaking to make him unique, but let's not pretend he's entirely new.
    Kanped wrote: »
    Whoever it ends up being, I would expects their moves to be primarily (or entirely) taken from SFxT cast members.
    This completely didn't occur to me before and it's so god damn obvious.
    I'd actually be kind of fine with that. Make one of the dolls (or someone new) out of Nina and whoever else.
    I'd like them to revisit Jin's deployable projectiles. They were neat.
    I'd LOVE if Go Hibiki was the one coming back though. They could hide his identity with a mask and call him Mr. Shotokan. Joke compete and they could continue with Dan thinking his dad is dead!
    While that would be an hilarious addition to his mythos, I'd really like a not Shoto ;_;

Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Dan, Evil Ryu, Sakura, Gouken, Oni... (yes, the last three push the definition, but still, 5 is plenty)

"Brand New"
    He's clearly Gouken's character model with moves from a bunch of sources. He's got an interesting playstyle and they did heavy tweaking to make him unique, but let's not pretend he's entirely new.

By that definition, Yun and Yang are the new ones, even though they're returning characters. I only listed Oni as he's technically a newcomer, whereas Evil Ryu showed up previously in Alpha 3.
    While that would be an hilarious addition to his mythos, I'd really like a not Shoto ;_;

Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Dan, Evil Ryu, Sakura, Gouken, Oni... (yes, the last three push the definition, but still, 5 is plenty)
    Couldn't agree more.

Sairus wrote: »

That's kinda the beauty of the idea. Dan learned his shoto-ness from Gouken, who he trained with for a while, not Go. You could actually implement Kanped's idea with him! We don't really know how Go fought except for some stories showing the kick that took out Sagat's eye and a mention of Thai Boxing.

Someone get me Ono's number, I'm all over this.

Character will be Ono

trying to give the opponent a sponge bath

Gilley wrote:
    I don't think unblockables on Guile aren't caused by his turn around glitch. Combofiend told me at EVO that they are adjusting Guile's standing idle hurtbox back behind his shoulders. He said there was too much hurtbox back there which is why he gets crossed up so easy. I assume this will also help with fixing the unblockables against him.

That'd be nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

more cammies

from Dieminion via /r/IAmA/ sent 11 hours ago
    show parent
    What's up Brian. I had a great time at WGC as always and plan on coming back again next year. I'll most definitely stop by Ireland when I visit the UK and I would absolutely love to play the Irish scene! I'm already familiar with some of your more known players like Coblecog (whom I've met in WGC2010) and Lythero. Dreddybas is a cool guy also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

bloodsport3.jpg

KUMITE! KUMITE! KUMITE! KUMITE! KUMITE! KUMITE! KUMITE! KUMITE! KUMITE! KUMITE! KUMITE! KUMITE! KUMITE!

Advertisement