Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Azza wrote: »
    More changes.

Zangief got range on his Light SPD nerfed slightly.

Ryu had DP shortcut motion removed from his c.mk so he can more consistently do c.mk xx fireball and not accidentally get a DP.

Cody can FADC his regular Zonk Kunckle (broken move)

Dudley has improved footsies

Dudley c.mk has a faster start up.

I was watching the stream, and either eventhubs missed this or it was already mentioned. But Dawgtanian also mentioned that Rufus's forward throw damage would be reduced aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Cody can FADC his regular Zonk Kunckle (broken move)

Is it really though? Kinda seems like a cop-out to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Is it really though? Kinda seems like a cop-out to me.

Zonk is so annoying. I've seen Codys play entire games using only that move.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Zonk is so annoying. I've seen Codys play entire games using only that move.

Gonna go out on a limb here and assert that if someone can win by spamming a single move, Zonk or otherwise, their opponent is doing something incredibly wrong.

Gonna go out on a limb here and assert that if someone can win by spamming a single move, Zonk or otherwise, their opponent is doing something incredibly wrong.

Yeah that would never work on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Damn right. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 IIII Easy IIII

Jaguar kick

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Jaguar kick
    That's like complaining about Tiger Shot/Hadouken/Spiral Arrow/Sonic Boom...

6079-aladdin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

3aa9090d30.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ass

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Capcom have confirmed the PC version of Ultra Street Fighter 4 will use Steamworks and not GFWL.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

^
    Ill probably double dip because of that - ps3 (upgrade) and pc (new) versions for me... now I only need to get a new stick...

Be interesting to see what Capcom decide to do regarding the PC version.

Will they release a DLC update for those who already have AE on GFWL.
    If they don't their going get a lot of flak from people who would say they are being ripped off by being forced to a buy the full version.

If they do, then their going to have a split community as those on GFWL will not be compatible with the Steam version.

I'd imagine it won't be available as DLC, but their going to have to do something like allow people with AE keys to get the full game cheaper or just sell the full game as the same price as the DLC update on the other formats.

There going have to rework the netcode as well and perhaps other background features so who knows what online performance will be like.

Rumors going around now that GFWL will be shortly removed from some games or that it will no longer be a requirement.

Bioshock 2 and Batman Arkham City achievements as well as DLC has been found hidden in Steam files as well as code indicating the removal of DRM features.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That's weird, Microsoft giving up on gaming or something?

They are also closing the Games for Window Live market place.

Something odd is a foot though, they just hired one of Valves top guys as the new head of their PC gaming section.

They are also closing the Games for Window Live market place.

Something odd is a foot though, they just hired one of Valves top guys as the new head of their PC gaming section.

ooooh I love a good mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

2705328991_d6050e47fc.jpg
    Split up gang and search for clues!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Lythero wrote: »
    Split up gang and search for clues!

Daphne and I will take the basement!

• Advertisement

I'd take Velma any day, that Daphne one is too high maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

That's weird, Microsoft giving up on gaming or something?

They've also stopped supporting XNA, their game development library and toolkit for C#

Games for Window Live is shutting down on July 1st 2014. One would assume a process will be put in place for at least some of the games using GFWL to be transferred over to another service. Considering AE is still popular on PC I imagine it will be transferred over to the likes of Steamworks. Although I can imagine older games not being transferred to another service and multiplayer component will cease to function in those titles.

i never liked GFWL, hope this is for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Kanped wrote: »
    They've also stopped supporting XNA, their game development library and toolkit for C#

Hopefully they're looking to unveil some sort of successor in the near future, otherwise WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hopefully they're looking to unveil some sort of successor in the near future, otherwise WTF.
    Come.
    Join the Sony master race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/the-x-button/2013-08-21
    So is Hakan due for any changes?
    Rosas: The changes are all being made to his non-oiled moves. Hakan players have stated that Hakan's the best in the game when he's oiled, but the disparity between his oiled and non-oiled form is too high, so we're trying to close that gap?
    How about Juri, the other new character from Super Street Fighter IV?
    Rosas: She'll be a bit more effective. We're changing a few attack animations in terms of their hit boxes.
    What about Yun and Yang, who were actually overpowered at first and later nerfed a little?
    Rosas: There's not much to change about Yun, since he's still really strong. Yang, on the other hand, was hit a little too hard by the nerfs, so some of those changes will be reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Come.
    Join the Sony master race.

I believe there's only one master race

a3eF.jpg

...and it ain't Sony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

But thats not a nintendo?

• Advertisement

Dropping Cody for Yang in the new version... I think yang will be very strong in the new version and he has much more potential than cody, yang alt 2 looks like cody anyway.

Advertisement