Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

bush wrote: »
    Adon is in top 8. No Cammy, fei, viper or Seth.

Er...doesn't XaioHai play cammy? I believe he does. Didn't he beat Haitani to make it? Unless you are being sarcastic. Which I obviously didn't get :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »

There's a pretty big chance yeah. Ono IS going to announce a new SF4, that's for sure. It's just whether it's a "2013" patch or a new release really that's in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Kirby wrote: »
    Er...doesn't XaioHai play cammy? I believe he does. Didn't he beat Haitani to make it? Unless you are being sarcastic. Which I obviously didn't get :P

?

Hes not in top 8

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

bush wrote: »
    ?

Hes not in top 8

You're right, Sako beat him. But he made it to top 16 which is pretty close tbh. And he only lost when he stopped picking Cammy and went to Yun.....which kind of proves my point about Cammy. Had he stuck with his main, he would have made it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

XiaoHai played Sako in the Cammy - Evil Ryu matchup at Topanga and got destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/355947047217672192
    By the way, this image has ran on the net, Ono It is fabricated screen I have never seen (laughs) http://i.imgur.com/T3L4t79.jpg this. In addition, in, tomorrow.

HSF4 confirmed as fake by Ono, nothing to see here.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That's a pity...

To raise your spirits, here's myself and Sairus beasting Japanese scrubs in HEY Arcade!

1069975_597020130338689_299807422_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

You're right, Sako beat him. But he made it to top 16 which is pretty close tbh. And he only lost when he stopped picking Cammy and went to Yun.....which kind of proves my point about Cammy. Had he stuck with his main, he would have made it.

lol Nonsense.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

1069975_597020130338689_299807422_n.jpg

Best thing about that pic is that there is no Marvel in it. Japan I so envy you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

He didnt get top 16 either

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

New characters announced!
    http://joystiq.com/2013/07/13/new-version-of-street-fighter-4-to-be-revealed-at-evo-2013/

Hugo, Poison, Rolento and Elena join from SFxTK. 5th to be announced - HAS to be Alex!

Hugo, Poison, Rolento and Elena join from SFxTK. 5th to be announced - HAS to be Alex!

It was specifically mentioned that the fifth new character would be brand new to SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Time to show y'all the power of AFRICA.

If its anything like the other powers you have showed us I doubt I'll be impressed.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

NO URIEN

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Yreval wrote: »
    It was specifically mentioned that the fifth new character would be brand new to SF.

Well... ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Azza wrote: »
    If its anything like the other powers you have showed us I doubt I'll be impressed.:cool:
    And then Azza's LK button mysteriously breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

They made a point of saying "new to SF" so it's most likely an existing char that hasn't been in a main SF game.

C'mon Haggar, FF crew needs to be all accounted for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Quick summary for those that didn't watch the panel:

The update is a big one - bigger than Arcade Edition. It has:
    Balance changes
    5 new characters - Elena, Rolento, Poison, Hugo and 1 new character "Never in SF before"
    They won't just be straight ports from SFxT as they need new Ultras and whatnot.
    6 new stages
    New modes

You can get it in 3 flavors:
    $15 DLC
    Can be upgraded from SSF4 or Arcade Edition.

$40 Disk
    Disk comes with all DLC costumes
    Preorder the disk to get fantasy themed costumes for the 5 ne characters designed by UDON.

$40 Digital
    They didn't detail this, but I assume it also has the costumes.

Release date is Early 2014.

The title of the update and debut trailer will be shown before the AE grand finals at EVO on Sunday.

My money is on Haggar or Asura for the 5th character.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Watched the panel. Retail release is specificslly for to's and comes with allcostume dlc unlocked, the idea being this will be a one sfop solution for them.

2014 release date, looks like a while before we need to think about next gen!

Also, while not terribly relevant to those outside Japan, this edition is being ported to Nesica arcade cabs in Japan. This means there won't be dedicated Street Fighter 4 cabs like there are now. Instead arcades will only need a Nesica cab that can store dozens of fighters like BlazBlue, Persona, etc.
    The smaller arcades that are out towards my area have been steadily replacing all their SF4 cabs with Nesicas so this is a much easier way for Capcom to get back into those without operators putting down a huge investment on new cabs again.

Double post woo.

http://evilgeniuses.gg/capcom-details-sfiv-update-a-whole-new-game/
    angstygaijin: Any hints on the new fight locales?

Matt Dahlgren: The stages are actually the same ones you saw in SF x T. If you played them in that game, then they’ll look familiar to you.

SSFIVAE Copy and Paste Edition.

I wouldn't be surprised if they actually went with something like "Super Street Fighter 4 X" as the title to reference how this is mostly just adding the SF stuff from SFxT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I won't be too bothered if they properly clean them up and remove a lot of the OTT nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Some of the character changes. Happy to see Chun getting a few much needed buffs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

^Deejay ultra 1 range increased.

Also counter-hit juggles into super OUTSIDE the corner.

Lifted from Eventhubs: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jul/13/announced-balance-changes-new-street-fighter-4-update/

General

• Capcom is aware of unblockables and attempting to fix them, no details on how yet.

• Goals were to decrease the gap between high and low tier characters in SF4 with balance changes.

Balrog (Boxer)

• Faster charging of his Turn Punch.

• Less Headbutt recovery.

• Farther range on his Ultra 2.

Cammy

• Cannon Stride can be done LOWER to the ground now.

• Damage reduced on Hard attacks.

• Stun reduced on Hard attacks.

• They tried to reduce the "2 combos and you're dead" effect.

Chun-Li

• Health increased to 950.

• EX Fireball knocks down on hit.

• EX Flip Kick breaks armor.

• Increased her damage.

• Down-Toward + Light Kick anti air appears to be back.

Dudley

• Short Swing Blow has throw invincibility.

• He's been given better hit boxes on some of his attacks (e.g. Kidney Blow).

• All Target Combos do more damage.

E. Honda

• Ultra 2 has more range.

• Ultra 1 has a faster start up.

• Jump Toward MP has a smaller hurt box.

Fei Long

• Rekka Ken range nerfed.

Ibuki

• Less vortex for her.

• More defense options.

• Soft knockdown now on Neckbreakers, but EX version is still a hard knockdown.

• EX DP will have more invincibility.

• Spin Kicks have a larger and lowered hit box.

Ken

• Faster walk speed.

• Crouching Hard Kick has a shorter start up.

• Standing Light Punch combos into Crouching Hard Kick now.

• Ultra 1 does more damage when it connections without the full animation playing.

Makoto

• One simple note, she'll be buffed and not nerfed.

• These details aren't official, and more notes will be coming soon about this fighter.

Oni

• Ultra 2 motion change, will be quarter-circle forward + 3x Kick now.

• EX Slash will be safer on block.

• These details aren't official, and more notes will be coming soon about this fighter.

Rose

• EX Soul Spiral has full invincibility now. (Hells yes)

• Does more damage now on most of her moves.

T. Hawk

• Faster walk speed.

• Crouching Medium Kick is special cancelable.

• Ultra 2 has been improved.

Vega (Claw)

• Hit stun increased on Crouching Light Punch.

• Faster start up on Ultra 1.

• Faster start up on Ultra 2.

Yang

• Faster walk speed.

• Shorter start up on Standing Light Kick.

• Better Jumping Medium Kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Yang can also combo off far st.mp now as well as increased ex command grab range yay! \o/

• Advertisement

Interview over on Evil Geniuses with some info on Rufus changes.
    angstygaijin: As members of Team EG, we have to ask: what did you do to Rufus, and are there any fixes…erm…changes to EX Messiah?

Combofiend: It’s funny, because everyone asks for one thing for Rufus: fixing his EX Messiah…and we did. So that has been addressed fully, but we’re also taking a look at modifying the followups afterwards because it ends up being TOO advantageous as a 66% rock-paper-scissors game after a successful block. That’s not fun for a lot of the cast.

itsvandole: We have a special request from Ricky Ortiz, actually. He complained yesterday that he really wants his Ultra 2 back…

Combofiend: That’s been addressed as well. Ultra 2 has been addressed, Ultra 1 damage has been addressed, throw damage has been addressed. With all these changes, though, we did want to leave Rufus intact, and the divekick is unchanged. He’ll still be able to play the game his way.

Advertisement