Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah AE Honda is even worse than 2012 Honda.

Honda's always been a hard character to balance.

As a rule he is generally very weak against projectile characters and very strong against none projectile characters with the odd exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

god I hope they don't actually listen to the people on capcomunity or we'll just end up with all the Fergus characters being godlike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

They best be careful with Sakura. Can easily make her op or really ****. Jumpin, air tatsu and ex tatsu nerf should be enough. Also better fireball. For rose full invulnerable ex spiral is enough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    god I hope they don't actually listen to the people on capcomunity or we'll just end up with all the Fergus characters being godlike.

Randomers: Nerf Sonic Boom recovery plz!

Guile players: Nerfing the recovery of sonic boom would make the move useless, change the entire nature of him as a defensive zoning character and remove a huge amount of his combo options, any reason why you want this outside of the fact you haven't figured out how to get around it?

Randomers: Nerf Sonic Boom recovery plz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Randomers: Nerf Sonic Boom recovery plz!

Guile players: Nerfing the recovery of sonic boom would make the move useless, change the entire nature of him as a defensive zoning character and remove a huge amount of his combo options, any reason why you want this outside of the fact you haven't figured out how to get around it?

Randomers: Nerf Sonic Boom recovery plz

If the special-cases on capcom unity were to be listened to then projectiles would just be removed from the game, as would the light buttons, possibly the medium ones too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Voted in poll for:

Cody
    Eagle
    Birdie
    Maki
    Sodom

Now that I look, hilariously every single one of them uses a weapon of some kind. I don't see why people ever vote for characters like Ryu, Chun or Akuma when they're guaranteed their place by virtue of being the faces of the franchise. There isn't a single game in the entire franchise or any of Capcom's crossovers that don't have Ryu or Chun. Give the votes to someone who needs 'em, I say.

Re: v2013 patch

As long as they don't nerf Cody too much and give him a viable wakeup option, I'm happy,

Cody with a viable wake up would be too good.

Otherwise I agree with those brilliant sonic boom recovery nerf suggestions. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭albel nox

But if they don't people will have to be smart and have to think about ways to get around it...which is unacceptablezzz!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Full change list already leaked:

http://www.toptiertactics.com/18206/super-street-fighter-4-version-2013-balance-update-leaked/

The Honda changes actually seem pretty fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Edit: Dan's changes are win.

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »

http://www.toptiertactics.com/18206/super-street-fighter-4-version-2013-balance-update-leaked/

I'm so maining Ralph, no question.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The depressing thing is, Deejays one is probably right!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The depressing thing is, Deejays one is probably right!

Which one's Deejay again? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Seems legit.

I've lost it now but someone was asking for guile to get Charlie's air flash kick from MvC2.

That's right, someone wanted to give Guile a divekick. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

That's odd. April Fool's day isn't for another week.

That's odd. April Fool's day isn't for another week.

You know what that means; this must be legit.

Some of the suggested Bison nerfs on Capcom Unity.

Remove invincibility of all his EX moves except Scissor Kick.
    Make Ex.PC less safe on block.
    Make light Scissor Kick -4 on block.
    Nerf Ex.Headstomp its too abusable as it is. Make its hurtbox bigger so wake up DP's beat it and jump forward attacks should beat it. Make it slower Make it do less damage. Make it not break armor (it doesn't but anyway). Make it unsafe on block.
    Up till now I never realised Ex.Stomp was the best move in the game. All I can say is "this character".
    Bigger hurtbox on S.HK, make it -2 or -3 on block.

Buffs
    Give him a cape.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

In fairness, EX Headstomp should not win air to air when Bison's feet are clearly below you.

Azza wrote: »
    Some of the suggested Bison nerfs on Capcom Unity.

Remove invincibility of all his EX moves except Scissor Kick.
    Make Ex.PC less safe on block.
    Make light Scissor Kick -4 on block.
    Nerf Ex.Headstomp its too abusable as it is. Make its hurtbox bigger so wake up DP's beat it and jump forward attacks should beat it. Make it slower Make it do less damage. Make it not break armor (it doesn't but anyway). Make it unsafe on block.
    Up till now I never realised Ex.Stomp was the best move in the game. All I can say is "this character".
    Bigger hurtbox on S.HK, make it -2 or -3 on block.

Buffs
    Give him a cape.

Yeah, Guile's is like:

Nerf recovery on sonic boom.
    Nerf cr hp, which again is apparently the best move in the game (does 80 dmg as AA, btw)
    Nerf airthrow range (currently the shortest range air throw in the game)
    Add start up to air throw
    Nerf cr hk

Buff
    Extra 50 dmg on U2

From the serious players, one of the more interesting buffs is a request that FK pushes the opponent slightly further away on hit so FK FADC sonic hurricane is more reliable.

Another one is that glasses take a meter and return sonic hurricane to its super level, like angry scar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Seeing a lot about adding more recovery on Honda's headbutts...

Just jump and whiff punish, guys? How do people not know to do that? If they're not safe on block, it's a guess that the Honda player is likely to lose every single time, meaning that the move no longer has any use because not using it will always be a better option. I dunno why they bother throwing these things over to the general community; I guess it's in case they miss something.

Kanped wrote: »
    I dunno why they bother throwing these things over to the general community; I guess it's in case they miss something.

I assume it's just in case someone says something that actually makes sense. I doubt they take all the blathering about wanting more recovery on sonic boom and such crap into consideration.

Chopper please don't post on Capcom unity. :eek:

Kim1234 suggested the following buffs for Bison

Ex.Knee Press does hard knock down.
    Better ability to build meter.
    Faster start up on both Ultra's.

My suggestions where
    Normal throw tech window of 7 frames.
    Change HK.Knee Press damage distribution to 90*40 from 70*60
    Super buffed by 10 damage.
    Faster start up on Ultra 2 by 3-5 frames.

Definitely think Bison U2 could do with a couple less start up frames, it's effectively currently useless as a fireball punish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Fei Long: Give him Rekka x 2 FADC Ultra 1. Command grab 3f startup. Flame kick FADC CW when used in online matches generates microsoft points in the player's account.

mackg wrote: »
    Command grab 3f startup.

Just what Fei needs, even more retarded corner pressure.

Fei is pretty much perfectly balanced as is, along with Adon.

Everyone else should be buffed to similar levels.

Yeah the 3f command grab is just ridiculous but the free microsoft points for the fadc combo is pretty reasonable imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Adon is near-perfectly balanced, but Jagga Kick being minus on hit is bollox.

And his links are bollox - IMHO this is why Gamerbee lost to Daigo at Evo (missed a link, ate a SRK FADC Ultra for it)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'm glad you noticed I was completely serious with that post.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Adon is near-perfectly balanced, but Jagga Kick being minus on hit is bollox.

And his links are bollox - IMHO this is why Gamerbee lost to Daigo at Evo (missed a link, ate a SRK FADC Ultra for it)

It's only -2 on hit and AJK can be combo'd after.

Lots of characters have tight links for bnbs. No point complaining about them when a character is so good in other areas.

Advertisement