Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I've never had any problems with Ryu's hitboxes with any character I play fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ryu has always had a wonky hitbox since vanilla. Dhalsim's bnb hits every member of the cast fine except ryu. Headbutt doesn't hit him and you have to substitute headbutt for back medium kick or fierce.

Lot's of combo's don't work on him properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Sakura's cl.hp xx tatsu > cr.hp xx tatsu > st.lk doesn't work on Ryu and that combo works on like 80-90% of the cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Dreddybajs wrote: »

That kind of means nothing though, as I said its a Guy problem but I only said it because I was trying to explain why I was finding AE2012 a bit of a grind. I suppose I didn't stress this in my first post but I did in my second.

Saying that you've had no problems with Ryu's hitboxes with the characters you play after I explained myself is like telling a T.Hawk player that every character you play has an easy time against Blanka.... I mean, its kind of pointless when hes talking about something thats T.Hawk specific. But I still have no idea why I'm trying to convince ye of something that doesn't matter in the slightest.

If it turns out your trolling because I said Hitbox not hurtbox.... that would be pretty lame :pac:

EDIT: man I'm slow at typing. Kirby and Fergus both replied as I was typing. Also this reads like I'm being a dick when that wasn't my intention.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Dreddybajs wrote: »

you played yun you big numpty. cr.mp cr.mp st.mp xx dp ow8

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, that was just shoto hitbox though, not wonky just how they all are. Just had to use mk dp instead. Having to use different combos doesn't make the hitbix "wonky" - I'd consider that more stuff like the Juri/dudley/fuerte things of crossing through characters.

I've plenty of issues with SF4 hitboxes but his hitbox isn't one of them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just a quick question guys. I went over 3000 PP recently and since then, I am being paired with of very high number of players over 3-4000 PP. Is there something in the games matchmaking system that causes this? I'm getting bodied quite often but learning lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Just a quick question guys. I went over 3000 PP recently and since then, I am being paired with of very high number of players over 3-4000 PP. Is there something in the games matchmaking system that causes this? I'm getting bodied quite often but learning lots.

How r u doing this, the only trick i know about ranked matches is how to be paired with kens that have 2200pp and 14k bp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Just curious but I don't honestly remember my GFWL/AE SF4 ever getting an update

It hasn't yet, the release date is "February" I think, but will include 2012 and the most recent console bugfix patch in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

S
    Cammy, Fei Long, Seth, Adon
    A
    Ryu, Vega (Claw), Sagat, C. Viper, Rufus, Ibuki, Makoto, Juri
    B
    Ken, E. Honda, Zangief, Guile, Dhalsim, Balrog (Boxer), M. Bison (Dictator), Abel, Akuma, Sakura, Rose, Gen, Dee Jay, Dudley, Cody, Guy, Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu, Oni
    C
    Chun-Li, Blanka, El Fuerte, Gouken
    D
    Hakan, Dan

Tier list according to Kazunoko, I really want to know why Adon is considered top tier amongst a lot of the japanese players. I dont know anything about the character besides him being really annoying. Also would like to know whats so great about Vega now. Otherwise I agree with pretty much the whole list.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

What the hell happened to Vega?

Chun seems very low considering she didn't really change and a lot of her tough matches should have gotten easier. Wonder if that's influenced by the fact so many people dropped her in AE and maybe haven't picked her again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm suprised Akuma is where he is too. Just one guys opinion though I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

He got mixed up with sfxt vega

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Hawks so bad he didn't even make the list.

Anyway here's my Bison match up list for 2012.

Cammy 4:6
    Fei Long 5:5
    Seth 4:6
    Adon 5:5
    Ryu 5:5
    Vega 6:4
    Sagat 5:5
    C. Viper 6:4
    Rufus 6:4
    Ibuki 6:4
    Makoto 5:5
    Juri 6:4
    Ken 5:5
    E. Honda 3.5:6.5
    Zangief 4:6
    Guile 3.5:6.5
    Dhalsim 5:5
    Balrog 5:5
    M. Bison 5:5,
    Abel 4:6
    Akuma 4:6
    Sakura 5.5:4.5
    Rose 6:4
    Gen 6:4
    Dee Jay 5.5:4.5
    Dudley 6:4
    Cody 5:5
    Guy 6:4
    Yun (No opinion)
    Yang,(No opinion)
    Evil Ryu 5:5
    Oni 5:5
    Chun-Li 4:6
    Blanka 5:5
    El Fuerte 6:4
    Gouken 6:4
    Hakan 6:4
    Dan 6:4
    T.Hawk 6:4

Azza wrote: »
    Yun (No opinion)
    Yang,(No opinion)

How come?

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Haven't played any in 2012 yet.

They're a rare breed alright! I think I have played 2 Yun and 0 Yang in Ranked since AE2012 was released.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    They're a rare breed alright! I think I have played 2 Yun and 0 Yang in Ranked since AE2012 was released.

Dunno if Ramza is still rocking Yang, but his was pretty crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

FYI this game is now available on ''OnLive'' you can play a free 30 minute trial, for anyone having the urge whilst on holidays.

Dunno if Ramza is still rocking Yang, but his was pretty crazy.

Yeah I played his Yun and Yang last night. His Yang makes you want to learn the character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I can't believe I'm saying this but I disagree with where Kazunoko placed Juri on his tier list, mid - to high B is more like it, not A. She is simply too flawed and has too many bad match ups in AE2012 to be A.

Christ, whats wrong with me, I didn't have this defeatist attitude towards Juri when she was regarded as crap tier in Super.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I disagree with where Kazunoko placed Juri on his tier list, mid - to high B is more like it, not A. She is simply too flawed and has too many bad match ups in AE2012 to be A.

Christ, whats wrong with me, I didn't have this defeatist attitude towards Juri when she was regarded as crap tier in Super.

Top tier whore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I'm Loving Juri in AE.
    She is fast turning into to my new main.
    I'm only learning her but she seems really fun to play.
    Serious rush down if she wants plus a great keep away game as well.
    Must get some combos down with her Ultra 1..its buffed now in some way In't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No way, in hell, is Adon "S" tier.

A maybe, B definitely.
    But S is "braindead easy wins" tier (e.g. Vanilla Sagat, AE Yun) and Adon takes work and/or luck to win against half the cast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No way in hell is blanka that high

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Out of curiosity, Ryu Players: what keeps Ryu out of the S tier? He seems pretty solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Suddenly Juri.

I picked her up a couple months back, seems like everybody's doing it now though. pacman.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

I realise I'm a little late to the party given that SFxT just came out but I literally just got xbox live after months of playing SF just with friends etc. So if anyone wants to play my really bad chun-li my gamertag is kisaragi89 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, Ryu Players: what keeps Ryu out of the S tier? He seems pretty solid.

I think he is solid as well, possible that it could be there are some really bad matchups for Ryu. Cammy isn't great & Dhalsim is terrible.

I wouldn't be an expert though.

• Advertisement

Cammy is 6-4 against Ryu imo, maybe 6.5-3.5. Have heard the Dhalsim match got a little better for Ryu in 2012 with the fireball damage buff (Sim can't just run away with the match by trading st.fierce with fireballs anymore). I'm sure it's still very tough though.

Advertisement