Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    But the damage scaling must be horrendous!

Yup ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

makes me sad to see everyone getting to play and me stuck looking at regular AE on PC...i really hope my ps3 copy comes soon. oh well. back to marvel :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Man, I NEED to get my hands on new Guile :(

No news on any stealth changes to him ono SRK, anyways. Meter build looks the same crappy rate, but Flash FADC Ultra does 85 extra so might be useful to close a round now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mess with new Deejay's new Super into U1 in training. Play rank to try it out on random scrub. Meet Bush first game.

Anyhow the chip from the super to U1 is absolutely rediculous. The hatemail I received from the 2 guys I did it to last night lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Man, I NEED to get my hands on new Guile :(

No news on any stealth changes to him ono SRK, anyways. Meter build looks the same crappy rate, but Flash FADC Ultra does 85 extra so might be useful to close a round now.

Were there changes to his flasch kick? I was playing aguile last night and it seemed to be a better AA move. Could have just been me.

• Advertisement

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Were there changes to his flasch kick? I was playing aguile last night and it seemed to be a better AA move. Could have just been me.

It's damage was increased by 10 for all versions but EX, nothing else.

It might seem a better AA because I don't use it as AA anymore, pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

I think I just j***ed in my pants when I found this out. A solid way to combo into ultra 1 on Claw. . . . . . . . . . . . . Still going to be low tier though I say

Guiles on the SRK forum are reporting it's much easier to air throw again. More so than the 1 frame would indicate.

I don't know if I trust any of the people saying it though. I wish there was a way to test it against AE. I guess I could check on an unpatched xbox of a friend or someting.

There's one guy loving the return of jump back air throw :)

Apparently UDK is super dangerous for big hitbox characters now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

So after playing around with Juri's new and improved Ultra 1, I take back everything I said about it being a cop out, Ultra 2 seems crap now in comparison to the gdlk qualities Ultra 1 now has. Best dash in the game? Invincible Ex-pinwheel? YES PLEASE!

I guess all it took really was to have a chance to use for myself to change my mind. I can definitely see myself using Ultra 1 now in a lot of Juri's match ups ( not all of them, I still see myself using Ultra 2 for most of the rush down and charge characters - except for Guile and maybe Deejay. )

Also WTF:

And yes, I've being able to do the same glitch myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

As I suspected, the damage scaling for U1 after a decent super set up takes most of the damage out of the ultra. Close s.hk>super>U1 is a very nice punish. Also, the opponent will inevitably end up in the corner which is great for keeping pressure on.

I'm going to play with U1 for 2-3 weeks and see which match-ups suit the ultra. I definately have more meter to burn vs non-fireball characters so I'm hitting it more in these games. I think it will end up that I'll use U2 vs 75-85% of the cast.

I'm playing alot better than I have in a while, and enjoying it again (something I haven't done in about 2 months). Lots of Blankas floating around.

Oh,Chip damage ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Sakura does more damage now because of the ex tastu buff, before 2012, it would usually only hit 3 hits of the ex tatsu, now in 2012, it combos into the full 4 hits of ex tatsu most of the time.

Apparently there's loads of wacky UDK uses now.

Air based throws like demon flip and tortilla also whiff on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Apparently there's loads of wacky UDK uses now.

Air based throws like demon flip and tortilla also whiff on it.

Broken! :cool:

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Broken! :cool:

Lol, well, you have to do it near enough for the UDK to come out but far enough for it to get to the 6th frame for the invulnerability to kick in, I'd say that's not the easiest when there's a demon jumping accross the screen at you

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

loving the blanka buffs.i believe he has moved from mid to top ten.

Match between Sabin and Dieminion, Rose/Guile is always interesting to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

http://store.steampowered.com/app/45760/

AE is 15 euro until January 2nd on Steam. 10% further off if you own SF4 vanilla on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

Seen the boxed version of AE in HMV newbridge yesterday for 17 if anyone is interested? First boxed version on a shelf I seen. (and a week after I bought super again and then upgraded to AE on XBL :rolleyes:)

Apparently there was a big tournament in Germany last week?

How did I not even hear of it, would have been fun to organise it at the end of a work trip :(

• Advertisement

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

New patch coming on the 21st of Febuary. Its out a few days before hand in the Aracades as well.

Bug fixes. Changlog below.

In the Car Crusher stage, a bug that made it impossible to advance has been fixed.

Against specific characters, a bug that caused Juri to pass through her opponents when they were hit at point blank range with close standing medium punch has been fixed.

Against specific characters, a bug that caused Dee Jay to pass through his opponents when executing close standing heavy kick super cancelled into heavy Sobat Carnival has been fixed.

Against Sagat, a bug that caused Cody's EX Bad Stone to miss when Focus Attack Lv. 3 -> Dash -> EX Bad Stone was performed has been fixed.

In SSFIV AE, a bug where Dudley's Step Straight caused an opponent's hit animation to not operate as expected has been fixed.

Nice to see Capcom still supporting the game.

I assume this latest update will be merged into the 2012 PC patch later this month as well.

I wish they'd fix the bug where sonic hurricane does no damage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I wish they'd fix the bug where sonic hurricane does no damage
    Or where the game is really boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Sairus wrote: »
    Or where the game is really boring.

True. My problem is Ryu is back with a vengeance in ae2012, getting sick of his voice, and his piss easy pressure, and his billion Ultra setups, and his wonky hitbox, and his 3 frame reversal, and his, his... his... face.

Ryu has an easy pressure games and a wonky hitbox.

News to me.

Azza wrote: »

News to me.

He certainly has an easy pressure game on Guile, but then anynoe who can 4 frame safe jump and can cross up correctly does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah I wouldn't consider him to have either of those things really. As for the ultra setups, they don't really do a huge amount of damage or anything, it's nice for some characters to have variety in how they can set up their ultra.

Everyone has an easy pressure game on Guiles wake up after a sweep or a throw. They just have to cross Guile up.

Ryu's 4 frame safe jump set up comes off a sweep, which first he has to land (must likely off a frame trap). Guile should never be flashing kicking unless he can FADC after Ryu sweeps him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Azza wrote: »

News to me.

He sure does have a wonky hitbox along with Sakura. I play as Guy and any combo that includes his target combo is a no go unless you only use one crouching light. That means harder (and unsafe) run stop pressure, hit confirm combos are waaaaaay tighter and combos in general are made harder. You pretty much have to change every bnb you have due to stuff whiffing on him. Also Standing HK regularly pushes him too far to land FF chain too which is just weird and means you lose out on some usual punish damage to use something thats guaranteed to hit instead.

I wasn't being serious in my first post though, as you can see everything that annoys me about Ryu (appart from how goddamn often I have to fight him) is actually down to my character choice so I cant really complain about anything. :pac:

I suppose I'm getting dp'd in the face online too often by dudes mashing like heroes during block strings. Like heroes I tells ya. I'm also horribly jealous of any character who can FADC a reversal :P but 90% of Ryus I play are terribad so I guess it evens out :)

Advertisement