Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

3S Yang: Rushdown king
    AE Yang: Rushdown king
    2012 Yang: Eunuch

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Update is for Tuesday. So, when is the first ver.2012 casuals scheduled for? :D

Might make an effort to get into town for it because its been a while and because the local football league is over for christmas.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kirby wrote: »
    Update is for Tuesday. So, when is the first ver.2012 casuals scheduled for? :D

Might make an effort to get into town for it because its been a while and because the local football league is over for christmas.

I'm in Germany then Galway so I won't even see the game til Sunday week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Turned on Street Fighter for the first time in quite a while (dark souls had taken over mey life recently) and man am I ****e lol.
    On some losing streak its not even funny :)

Hopefully I can get back to anywhere near a good level by tuesday.... Ill be honest... I'm pretty excited. Still dont think Guy is getting enough, hoping for chip damage on command Bushin flip elbow drop snuck in there, but Im doubtfull. Still enjoy playing him over everyone else in the cast though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Danonino. wrote: »
    Turned on Street Fighter for the first time in quite a while (dark souls had taken over mey life recently) and man am I ****e lol.
    On some losing streak its not even funny :)

Hopefully I can get back to anywhere near a good level by tuesday.... Ill be honest... I'm pretty excited. Still dont think Guy is getting enough, hoping for chip damage on command elbow drop snuck in there, but Im doubtfull. Still enjoy playing him over everyone else in the cast though.

that would be a bit nuts, no normals or command normals chip afaik?

• Advertisement

Ramza wrote: »

If you wanted to be super pedantic, I think cody's do if he has a knife?

MEGA pedantic

If you wanted to be super pedantic, I think cody's do if he has a knife?

MEGA pedantic
    Yeah but that's extensive(or whatever the word is :pac: ) :) you get me though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Ramza wrote: »

Ah balls how come everytime I post something on these boards I mess up :rolleyes:
    I was on about the bushin flip elbow, it does no chip whatsoever when it really should. Im pretty sure its the only special that doesnt chip actually.

Kinda glad I havent been around Shoryuken etc looking for change reports, means I can go testing tommorrow :D:D then get horribly disapointed when none of my wishlist buffs made it :(

Danonino. wrote: »
    Ah balls how come everytime I post something on these boards I mess up :rolleyes:
    I was on about the bushin flip elbow, it does no chip whatsoever when it really should. Im pretty sure its the only special that doesnt chip actually.

Kinda glad I havent been around Shoryuken etc looking for change reports, means I can go testing tommorrow :D:D then get horribly disapointed when none of my wishlist buffs made it :(

Nothing wrong with mistakes, speshfully if you learn from them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

From what time tomorrow is the dlc available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

ayjayirl wrote: »
    From what time tomorrow is the dlc available?

Think the marketplace usually updates around 11am, not sure if it's the same for game patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Oh man.

If I ever want to try and get Yun and Yang to C rank for that stupid achievement, I better do it tonight before they both get nerfed to hell.

Which achievement is it? Oh and I may get the best out of the game tonight, tomorrow when I come home from college yang is gonna be pretty ****ed haha

C to Shining C = Get every character to C in Ranked Battles

I made my way through it gradually in vanilla super, and had done about half the cast at a very relaxed pace, when the release of AE reset all the rankings. :(

Or you could learn KOF in protest :D

I have no objection to learning KOF, but I don't own it, and I would need to form an opinion of whether or not I like it before buying it.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Off topic but I think there is a demo out for it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Most likely old news, but I've seen it first hand.

Umehara is using Ryu like a beast.

A Beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Most likely old news, but I've seen it first hand.

Umehara is using Ryu like a beast.

A Beast.

Well if he got extra damage on his fireballs and that stealth buff about the speeds being more varied is true, that alone will make Ryu a significantly larger pain in the arse... let alone all the other stuff!

• Advertisement

Anyone else on xbox live who doesn't get a prompt to update the game? I have seen a post or two online saying they have the same problem. They are all like me using the AE disk and not super>DLC(AE).

Seems I can't play 2012 :(

Clearing system cache fixed the issue.

:( Wish I could play...

Yang nerfs not as bad as i thought, the st.lk nerf is MASSIVE, you can't combo link cr.lk now from a cr.lk so confirming off a tech is gonna be tougher, its slower so punishing stuff is annoying, pressure with it is now p much gone, target combo unsafe nerf is RIDISCULOUS, palm active frame nerf messed up some resets, fine otherwise, his j.mk nerf is a little annoying but still works with diff setups,

His divekick nerf is annoying, there is a lot of lag after you land from a divekick where you have to pause before doing anything, so his post rekka launcher dive setups are tighter, but all in all still good, he basically went from EXCELLENT to v.good/good imo :)

I've been messing around with the Deejay Super -> Ultra one

I don't know if it's a term, but it seems like an auto cancel or a target ultra?

You can do the Ultra 1 at any point in the super, and it will always cancel to the Ultra at the same "scripted" point in the super.

Also Deejay has new(?) dialog he only seems to say during the Ultra 1 if you cancel it from a super.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Man, I was messing around with Rose and Makoto online there, I'm blown away by how much fun v.2012 has made this game again. I mean I just had fifteen games of... no wait, same old ****, back to Marvel 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Sairus wrote: »
    Man, I was messing around with Rose and Makoto online there, I'm blown away by how much fun v.2012 has made this game again. I mean I just had fifteen games of... no wait, same old ****, back to Marvel 3.

LOL.png

HOLD DAT SALT

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

While there not the buffs I was hoping for, Im really happy with the changes to Guy's U1. I just went into training mode, did 2 crouching light kicks on Ryu to push him back 1/2 a square, and did Final Fight chain -> FADC -> U1 and it landed :eek:.

Actually being able to use Ultras now ?, somebody pinch me :D

• Advertisement

J0hnick wrote: »
    While there not the buffs I was hoping for, Im really happy with the changes to Guy's U1. I just went into training mode, did 2 crouching light kicks on Ryu to push him back 1/2 a square, and did Final Fight chain -> FADC -> U1 and it landed :eek:.

Actually being able to use Ultras now ?, somebody pinch me :D
    But the damage scaling must be horrendous!

Advertisement