Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

all ultras scale the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭spacenugget

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    all ultras scale the same

After trying to compare Rogs and Guys Ultra last night I'm actually convinced this is true. I'm pretty sure I've read a chart that shows 1 hit = 0 scaling 2 = 4% etc etc but I cant find it. I guess the fact an Ultra is comboable is a perk in itself. :)
    I guess it really comes down to what setups you can land the Ultra off, if it can be used as a solid chip move, antiair, get off me move or whatnot. Very few Ultras tick all the boxes (none?) and some just excell at one (Like Blankas chip on Ulra 1)

But I still have to agree with johnick that Guys Ultra1 is a nightmare to land, and if you land it safely your cutting at large chunk of damage for a high cost of meter. But there are many characters in the same boat or worse so this could be changed in ae12 tho :D heres hoping

It goes:

1 hit = 100% damage
    2 hits = 100%
    3 hits = 80%
    4 hits = 70%
    etc.

Stops at 10% and all hits after that will do 10%. Ultras count as two hits for scaling, as do focus attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Ultras count as two hits

I'm confused about what you mean by that. Say with Rog, Headbutt BnB = 5 Hits then it scales as 2 hits for the first punch of the ultra and the rest of the hits scale normally or what? Prolly a stupid question but i can't help being a nub ;)

aeonfusion wrote: »
    I'm confused about what you mean by that. Say with Rog, Headbutt BnB = 5 Hits then it scales as 2 hits for the first punch of the ultra and the rest of the hits scale normally or what? Prolly a stupid question but i can't help being a nub ;)

It doesn't matter about the number of hits in each move, eg. Dudley's EX machine gun blow is only 1 move for damage scaling. The number of actual hits on the combo meter isn't what determines it.

To keep it simple, doing headbutt to ultra with Balrog or DP fadc ultra with Ryu, the ultra does 80% damage because it scales twice. DP into EX fireball, the EX fireball would do 100% damage.

edit: Rekkas are an exception to this, each separate hit of (at least Fei's) rekka scales the combo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

J0hnick wrote: »
    Look at NOX2's inputs at 1:46, he clearly did the motion for U2 but what comes out ?, a Hurricane kick :confused:

He almost certainly negative edged it from the focus attack, the input error was nothing to do with the ultra motion.

interesting stuff

I didnt know this at all, I thought it was the number of hits :) cool. I suppose it makes sense for low damage but high hitcount moves :D

Any idea if this info is available like the Juggle property list ect?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Orim wrote: »

awesome, thanks

"Attacks like Chun Li's Jumping Hard Punch that hit twice count as two moves. The rule of thumb is that if a move requires an extra player input to hit with it, it's going to count as a second attack."

Ive a feeling this is why the FF chain scales so badly :(

awesome, thanks

"Attacks like Chun Li's Jumping Hard Punch that hit twice count as two moves. The rule of thumb is that if a move requires an extra player input to hit with it, it's going to count as a second attack."

Ive a feeling this is why the FF chain scales so badly :(

Well yeah target combos are obviously separate moves dude.

• Advertisement

Well yeah target combos are obviously separate moves dude.
    Yeah... that would be a beer or 4 :o

For some reason I had it in my head that the FF chain was a special move while I was reading that.... dont ask me why because I honestly dont have a fecking clue lol.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I had to check that myself a while back. A know a few other people who did as well. It isn't obvious. No harm in asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'll admit I didn't know that either.

I thought maybe Capcom worked the scaling per hit into Ultra animations.

Like maybe the last of Deejays U2 (full-animation) does a billion damage, but because they are so many hits, it scales down to appropriate levels so the last hit does very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Capcom are going out of their way to please daigo with ryu.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

So super Ryu is back.
    Akuma
    Far standing Heavy Kick's damage has been adjusted to 50 + 30 for a total of 80 damage, and when the second hit is blocked, Akuma is now at a -2 frame disadvantage.

YES YES!.....THIS IS DELICIOUS!!!

Azza wrote: »
    So super Ryu is back.

YES YES!.....THIS IS DELICIOUS!!!

Capcom finally got your letters?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

This -2 ST RH nerf is ok. Arguably the best poke in the game and is still safe (vs the chars it hits twice) will still be good vs grapplers. Cancel the 2nd part of rh into teleport (U2 if they whiff spd maybe) and sure akuma owns the grapplers.

Im trying to see the positive side to it, damage reduction is ok. hes not about big damaging combos anyway.

I can see other uses for ST RG being -2 on block. Basically Akumas hit-confirm DP coming into account for anyone trying to punish.

He will still be a top character. The top tiers are getting nerfed too.

Keep em coming capcom

C.Viper
    Removed throw invincibility on EX Seismic Hammer.

Deserved. Move is too much of a brainless out, at least it can lose to throws now. glad they gave her other options with HP TK, but I honestly think ex sesmo was covering way too much for her.

C.Viper
    Removed throw invincibility on EX Seismic Hammer.

Deserved. Move is too much of a brainless out, at least it can lose to throws now. glad they gave her other options with HP TK, but I honestly think ex sesmo was covering way too much for her.
    Thats a bit much.

19 frame start up and normals can beat it easily, she gets counter hit too and option select kills it. This is a huge nerf. Capcom are nerfing too much now. Her original nerfs were fine.

It does look like vipers will have to consider the block option more now!

The Hound wrote: »
    Thats a bit much.

19 frame start up and normals can beat it easily, she gets counter hit too and option select kills it. This is a huge nerf. Capcom are nerfing too much now. Her original nerfs were fine.

It does look like vipers will have to consider the block option more now!

I sounded a bit harsh but I still think Viper players were overusing the move as a get out of jail free card. Even Latif can be a little ex.sesmo to get out of pressure happy. Heck watch his evo matches against Poongko and see how everytime he has an ex bar its spent on ex semso to get out of pressure and 90% of the time its on his wakeup too. Thats one move being used as an out against a lot of options at arguably the highest level .

Seriously watch Latifs meter usage:

Im glad to see the throw inv removed and placed somewhere else thats all.
    Its a big nerf but I can see why Capcom made it.

They are trying to open up Vipers tool set so that her meter can be used for ex thunder knuckle, ex burning kick, and maybe make Vipers conserve some meter for fadcing thunder knuckles and the like.

• Advertisement

He got perfected trying to block and conserve his meter.

I think the damage nerf to viper was fine. This one is a kick in the balls!

Eventually Poongko Option selected twice in a row. Wasn't Vipers ex seismo that won her the game, Poongkos randomness was out randomed and her damage was too much too. But whatever, I dont care for Viper... Come on Akuma Buffs!! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://shoryuken.com/2011/10/06/ssf4ae-and-sfxt-developer-blog-ono-is-off-to-brazil/
    I had a lot of people ask me during the test “So, what happens if you hold down all three punch buttons and press start?” The blog is a great place to answer that question!

Training mode, surely?
    The answer is – in arcade mode, the CPU characters will wear their alternate costumes!

GG Capcom.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Where's the third round of changes for the rest of the characters?

FFS, Capcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Where's the third round of changes for the rest of the characters?

FFS, Capcom.

No meter build on sonic boom.... because you don't deserve it.

ayjayirl wrote: »
    No meter build on sonic boom.... because you don't deserve it.

Flash kick to be punishable on hit, shades require 2 metre ^^

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    shades require 2 metre ^^

That's cold Jun. Cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

More unnecessary Yang nerfs yayyyyyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

dunno where else to put this, but my friend posted this on fb and thought it was worth sharing.

AE for PC for £7: http://www.g2play.net/store/Super-Street-Fighter-IV-Arcade-Edition-Retail-CD-Key.html

they only provide the CD key, you'll still need to get a copy/iso. g2play are legit though, i've bought a bunch of keys off them with no problems. i understand if this is kind of gray-area though and is removed.

dunno where else to put this, but my friend posted this on fb and thought it was worth sharing.

AE for PC for £7: http://www.g2play.net/store/Super-Street-Fighter-IV-Arcade-Edition-Retail-CD-Key.html

they only provide the CD key, you'll still need to get a copy/iso. g2play are legit though, i've bought a bunch of keys off them with no problems. i understand if this is kind of gray-area though and is removed.

The question has been asked by mods but no answer yet.

So I will leave it here for the time being with the provision that people are aware you buy at your own risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Hmmm, tempted.

Advertisement