Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm guessing you're supposed to use HP SRK for anti air and combos now but mp for ultra and juggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ex upball knocks down, oh my god yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

bush wrote: »

I was actually happy about this change, but more to do with what happens if its blocked ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Just use medium?

I do, but that because H.DP was crap as wake-up AA. Now they seems to have fixed that but removed your ability to focus cancel it. I am not that pushed on you not being able to get into Ultra with it, more if its blocked it completely unsafe w/o FADC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

But you can probably be hit with a normal fairly easily on block. Its a tough one, obviously will be a big help on characters that can ultra on hit though!

• Advertisement

J0hnick wrote: »
    I was actually happy about this change, but more to do with what happens if its blocked ;)

Why would you be happy, guy can punish the current one on hit.

People wont be able mindlessly rush him down anymore.

Why would you be happy, guy can punish the current one on hit.

People wont be able mindlessly rush him down anymore.

Oh yea, never thought of that :o (only with run slide though right ?), but with throw range on Guys U2 being buffed, if an up ball is blocked it could literally be dash up U2.

ayjayirl wrote: »
    I do, but that because H.DP was crap as wake-up AA. Now they seems to have fixed that but removed your ability to focus cancel it. I am not that pushed on you not being able to get into Ultra with it, more if its blocked it completely unsafe w/o FADC.

Still not really seeing the problem- M DP is pretty good anyway, just use h DP when you're zoning or have a hit confirmed opportunity but no ultra stocked for a wee bit more damage.

Not that I agree with it, I mean I don't think Ryu needed nerfs.

Oh yea, never thought of that :o (only with run slide though right ?), but with throw range on Guys U2 being buffed, if an up ball is blocked it could literally be dash up U2.

Ye that slide, blanka uses a bar and gets knocked back down for it and guy can continue to pressure all he wants.

Ok I think I am pretty happy with Guile now.

CH nerf is gone which means you're playing with the full deck of health again, a couple of damage buffs will help, I still think SH should be returned to the way it was though, that nerf wasn't needed. all the cumulative UDK buffs though I think will finally give Guile a nasty wake up game (if you cr os tech or stand tech a UDK on wake up you'll be CHed by a move that it looks like can combo into cl HP XX flash kick...) mix that up with overhead, throw, and the good old fashioned do nothing. That'll be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The wording says Reverse Spin Kick. You sure that's Upside Down Kick?

Could be Sobat or even the Guile Kick.

[Orochi Breaker]: Command has been simplified so it will be easier to use from now on.

This will still be useless unless they change the startup back to the way it was in Super.

The wording says Reverse Spin Kick. You sure that's Upside Down Kick?

Could be Sobat or even the Guile Kick.

[Orochi Breaker]: Command has been simplified so it will be easier to use from now on.

This will still be useless unless they change the startup back to the way it was in Super.

Usually in these things in the past Reverse Spin Kick has been UDK.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

Ye that slide, blanka uses a bar and gets knocked back down for it and guy can continue to pressure all he wants.

Guy's slide shadow kick is -10 on block, I usually just cr.lk/cr.mk xx elec or lp.ball after block. And in 2012 beta that xx ball can now be a knockdown. The great escape begins. To me it is going to be like getting a 4frame SKD cr.hk.

Darachnid wrote: »
    Guy's slide shadow kick is -10 on block

How can you block a punish :confused:

Ahh.. ok, I thought you were just talking about a spammed slide from afar. A lot of xbl Guys I played sometimes mess up the blocked ball slide punish.

Ahh.. ok, I thought you were just talking about a spammed slide from afar. A lot of xbl Guys I played mess up the blocked ball slide punish.

They can punish on hit, thats what we are talking about.

I'll get me coat.

I think hes mistaken, shadow kick is the overhead, not the slide.

I think hes mistaken, shadow kick is the overhead, not the slide.

Where's the slide on this then?
    http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_IV_AE/Guy

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

HerpDerp.png

• Advertisement

Its just another naming convention, most people dont call command run -> light kick "sudden stop", they just call it run stop. For example, in the changes from Super to AE Capcom themselves stated

- His EX run follow-up timing is now same with his non-EX versions. Also, his EX run slide will have projectile invincibility, while his EX run stop has Armor

So thats Capcom calling run + Light kick, run stop, and run + medium kick, run slide. Some people call run + medium kick, shadow kick, but most dont.

Edit: I just released I was calling shadow kick neck breaker, forgive me, I didnt get much sleep last night :P

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah 10 more damage on roundhouse :P

Azza wrote: »
    Yeah 10 more damage on roundhouse :P

Biggest WTF buff on that list, there better be a nerf to compensate, like Scissors kick actually giving your opponent health :rolleyes:

The buff is fine.

Its his primary AA and in alot of cases it can trades alot more than most dedicated anti air normals, so it seems perfectly reasonable to me that it should do reasonable damage.

Besides Sagat, Akuma and Vega have all better roundhouses than Bisons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Like the sound of that UDK buff for more aggressive Guile play, might be tempted to play this a wee bit again when the update hits.

Azza wrote: »
    The buff is fine.

Its his primary AA and in alot of cases it can trades alot more than most dedicated anti air normals, so it seems perfectly reasonable to me that it should do reasonable damage.

Besides Sagat, Akuma and Vega have all better roundhouses than Bisons.

Are strong roundhouses an evil boss thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Gouken got some buuuffs. Far mp comboes to everything and is now 4 frames.

More active frames on st.fierce might mean it will be easier to use this in footsies to stuff the likes of akuma's rh or perhaps bison's rh (I've never in my life used this to stuff a bison rh, but I hear it's very good for stuffing akuma's, and not it will be even better).

3 frame super!

The ryu heavy shoryuken change is strange. Not being able to fadc seems bad to me, despite those other changes.

Balrog letting the side down.

Akuma's roundhouse is by far and away the best in the game. 7 frame start up that hits twice and breaks armor, is safe on block and leaders to an easy 281 damage and 1 frame link to 321 damage. Its only downside is that it moves forward so if the second hit whiffs, he can be punished.

raah! wrote: »
    Gouken got some buuuffs. Far mp comboes to everything and is now 4 frames.

More active frames on st.fierce might mean it will be easier to use this in footsies to stuff the likes of akuma's rh or perhaps bison's rh (I've never in my life used this to stuff a bison rh, but I hear it's very good for stuffing akuma's, and not it will be even better).

3 frame super!

The ryu heavy shoryuken change is strange. Not being able to fadc seems bad to me, despite those other changes.

Does Akuma's RH whiff on crouchers? I remember vaguely in the olden days Deiminion used Honda against Akuma because he crouched so low in his focus.

• Advertisement

All those roundhouse will whiff at range on crouchers. Its just Honda has a lower hitbox than most characters so those moves whiff closer than other characters, its more of an issue for Akuma.

Advertisement