Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i guess this is a + for chun [EX Hyakuretsukyaku]: Distance the move covers until hit detection has been increased. Tough combos should be easier to connect with now.

rest dont count. Spinning Bird kick in this game is terrible, especially the HK one.

when is this out for download?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Placebo wrote: »
    when is this out for download?

I'm just guessing Farz, but sometime in 2012.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Capcom have said it will be out this year. Christmas at the latest.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

rest dont count. Spinning Bird kick in this game is terrible, especially the HK one.

It's doing 200 damage. That's alot of damage. I am pretty sure it's easy enough to combo into off cr hp too, isn't it? I would think it'll make for a nice scrub punish now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I'm not 100% as i havent played in a while but im pretty sure shes open after a hit HK SBK, it doesnt cause knock down either, the opponent is just standing there

• Advertisement

I'm not 100% as i havent played in a while but im pretty sure shes open after a hit HK SBK, it doesnt cause knock down either, the opponent is just standing there

Depending on the character that can be a good thing, bloody hate the way Ken's combos leave him right in front of me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Anybody believe the rumor on Neogaff that Posion and Rolento are gonna be added as paid for DLC characters when the patch drops ?, the guy who leaked it gave the order the MVC3 characters would be revealed in and how they would play, and has been bang on so far.

Edit: Never mind, was supposed to be at TGS and no sign, rumor for now

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

HK SBK does 270 damage which is massive. Thing is it doesn't combo off any move currently unless you get a counter hit (and if it does it doesn't fully connect).

Be a tiny bit more useful in 2012. You can cancel c.hp into mk.sbk but you only land 1 hit of c.hp, so damage isn't that good. Still decent though.

But yeah generall SBK is a pretty poor move overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Fingers crossed for Sak tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭spacenugget

I had a dream last night where Karin was selectable below Yang, and above yun you could select.... evil Karin. :rolleyes:

ta feck, I dont even like Karin. I rarely dream and if I do I'd rather not dream about games ffs. I blame a stupid amount of time playing Gears 3 and lack of sleep. :D

Im looking forward to the Guy changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

They're basically killing Yang's offense, he's getting so many un-necessary nerfs (gg capcom), now I know how DooM feels with Guile

Never the less I will still play him, I still think he's the most fun in the game

Ramza wrote: »
    They're basically killing Yang's offense, he's getting so many un-necessary nerfs

I thought all Yuns nerfs were warranted, but Yang got hit just as hard and didnt deserve it as much, they should leave his crossup and the time on Sei-Enbu as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for Sak tomorrow

We all have our fingers crossed for that damage nerf.

We all have our fingers crossed for that damage nerf.

She needs a damage buff :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm just waiting for the hitbox nerfs on her cr.MK, cr.HP and st.HK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Im liking the whole Hard shoryuken can't be FADC'd anymore
    Maybe because i just hate ryu

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

The changes to his fp dp are an overall buff.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    Im liking the whole Hard shoryuken can't be FADC'd anymore
    Maybe because i just hate ryu
    Why do you hate Ryu?

The Hound wrote: »
    Why do you hate Ryu?
    I'd roll with zangiefs reasoning for anything with a projectile

Red350 wrote: »
    The changes to his fp dp are an overall buff.

I'm thinking that too.

• Advertisement

I see some risk in there since it can't be done out of safety. so most people will end up going for lp or mp shoryus i guess.

kidna like the evil ryu factor...do you see anyone ever use HK Axe kick?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

His non fadc able part of fierce dp really isn't anything significant. light dp does the same amount of the first part of fierce dp, so if you're looking for an ultra combo say after solar plexus it's pretty much unchanged damage wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    I see some risk in there since it can't be done out of safety. so most people will end up going for lp or mp shoryus i guess.

kidna like the evil ryu factor...do you see anyone ever use HK Axe kick?

Mp dp was already the go to dp in every situation except combos, and as jun said, lp is the exact same as fp dp when it comes to fadc combos.

Mp dp will still be used most of the time since it's got an extra frame of invulnerability, though fp will be very useful for beating empty jumps that would have avoided mp dp.

And no one uses hk axe kick because you can combo after mk axe kick for way more damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

When beginning the game, if you hold all 3 punch buttons and then press start….!?

Guy

[Wall Jump]: Can now attack earlier after the initial jump off the wall.

Handy for escaping out of the corner I suppose

[Bushin Hasoken]: Hit box on the last part is enlarged, making it easier to connect the full Super Combo.

If this results in a larger window to input the super Il be happy, otherwise, meh.

[Bushin Muso Renge]: Command has been simplified further, so it is easier to execute now.

YES! :)

[Air Raging Demon]: Modified so that it will only hit airborne opponents, and can be used in combos. Damage has been reduced from 370->320. Normal [Raging Demon] is still a throw.

So does this mean you could light punch shoryu anti air into it? if so that would be BOSS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Deejay: [close HK]: If the first hit connects it forces the opponent to stand, and the 2nd hit is now super cancelable. Move is now -2F on block.

Not sure what the frame data on this was before. Not really sure what the significance is of this at all. Close HK -> Super -> Ultra 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Didn't realise this was coming out soon.
    Looked at kens buffs/nerfs.
    His sweep being taken away makes no difference.The only reason you would do jab jab sweep is to get a knock down.If you got the two high jab hit confirms you can do crouching mk,tatsu after which is much better.

Don't really understand the buff on far standing hard kick

[far HK]: Startup changed from 12F->11F, recovery from 21F->18F. On hit it now gives +1F, and on block -3F.

Anyone know what good that will do!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Surely sweep puts you in a better position to mix up than Tatsu does?

Advertisement