Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Adon

• Close St. MP is now -4 on block
    - meh, I never used this move anyway; it was never good.

• Close St. MK is +2 on hit, +3 on block
    - THIS IS A HUGE BUFF. After knockdown, Adon can jump-forward MK for a (mostly) ambiguous crossup. St.MK forces stand AND special-cancels, now it's super-safe too!

• Focus attack hitbox is tweaked to be able to hit crouching opponents too.
    - awesome, this would whiff on Chun, will help this matchup slightly.

• Rising Jaguar (LK, MK, HK) – at the start, horizontal hitbox is increased a little, so that after a Rising Jaguar FADC, its harder to accidentally crossover the opponent. Also, one extra frame is given to FADC a HK Rising Jaguar (easier to fadc), thus making it easier to connect an Avalanche Jaguar.
    - a nice buff.

• As for U1, even if you activated it at close range, it wont go over a standing opponent (will go over if crouching).
    - Never came across this, but it's nice to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    • As for U1, even if you activated it at close range, it wont go over a standing opponent (will go over if crouching).
    - Never came across this, but it's nice to hear.

I used to use it against say Akuma or Ryu, bait out a wakeup DP and punish with U1. Getting the first hit and not the rest was desperately annoying, lost quite a few fights based solely on that. Overall very happy with his buffs, wish they'd taken 2 frames off the overhead too but possible new combos and mixups should do a lot for Adon's game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Cody buffs? Viable buffs? Holy hell is this real life?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Adon

• Close St. MK is +2 on hit, +3 on block
    - THIS IS A HUGE BUFF. St.MK forces stand AND special-cancels, now it's super-safe too!

You know his st.hp does all that, plus he can actually combo after if it hits?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

GorySnake wrote: »
    You know his st.hp does all that, plus he can actually combo after if it hits?
    st.mk is faster, and you can cancel it. Dunno what you mean :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I dont think anyone in the world knows what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I actually don't know what you mean kiki and gg confirming st.mk into special

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Close HP with Adon was always goodas a frame trap and safe on block. Only problem was HP mk Jaguqar kick only comboed on about 3 characters on counter hit. In AE Adon got a great buff with HP comboing into mk jaguar kick without counter hit.

In 2012 he'll be able to do close mk(counter hit) jab dp but close fierce would be a better normal anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

http://www.twitch.tv/feed_rss/b/293685053

Around 43 minutes in shows Sim's Yoga blast juggle properties and the height restriction on Yun's divekick.

While I appreciate them trying to improve it, the regular versions are just far too slow. Startup and recovery takes an eternity. EX blast still seems the only way to go. Now followed by standing fierce.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 oGRAMo

Kirby wrote: »

EX blast still seems the only way to go. Now followed by standing fierce.

Does that work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yup. It's in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

so the "blowback" with HP ball has been confirmed to be knockdown
    awesome:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm starting to think that this game doesn't actually exsist. Been to Gamestop, Smyths Toys, and HMV here in Galway, and not one of them stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

deathrider wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that this game doesn't actually exsist. Been to Gamestop, Smyths Toys, and HMV here in Galway, and not one of them stock it.

2012 or just Arcade Edition? Probably best to just order it online or find a copy of super in shops and get the dlc. If you meant 2012 then yeh it doesn't exist :P

aeonfusion wrote: »
    2012 or just Arcade Edition? Probably best to just order it online or find a copy of super in shops and get the dlc. If you meant 2012 then yeh it doesn't exist :P

I have Super, and I as far as I know the DLC upgrades is to Arcade, but isn't there also a disc release of Arcade Edition? I don't really do DLC, and being a bit of a collector, I wanna get the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I have Super, and I as far as I know the DLC upgrades is to Arcade, but isn't there also a disc release of Arcade Edition? I don't really do DLC, and being a bit of a collector, I wanna get the disc.

Try http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0052HZJ7A

PPC wrote: »

Oooooh, that's nice and cheap. I usually try my best to avoid buying online, and simply buy my games in-store instead (I don't know why, it's just my way of doing things), but since I can't find it elsewhere, I'm guessing Amazon will have to be the man for the job.
    Cheers, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i ordered a bluetooth dongle off amazon.co.uk on monday
    it got to my door by thursday morning

i probably saved half the price and effort by buying it online, rather than in store. Especially when it comes to games, rip off ireland

Yeah, the wise man always shops online in this day and age. I'm just too suborn or too old-fashioned (or maybe even both) to do it most of the time, unless faced with no other option. This is looking like one of those moments though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Yeah, the wise man always shops online in this day and age. I'm just too suborn or too old-fashioned (or maybe even both) to do it most of the time, unless faced with no other option. This is looking like one of those moments though.

AE can't be got in brick and mortar stores.

• Advertisement

More AE 2012 changes announced, but only for stupid characters:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/sep/20/new-blog-details-more-changes-ssf4-ae-v2012/

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

More AE 2012 changes announced, but only for stupid characters:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/sep/20/new-blog-details-more-changes-ssf4-ae-v2012/

M.Bison (Dictator)

[HK]: Damage from a shallow hit increased from 80->90.

Im I reading that right ?, why in the name of god would they buff that move ?

Balrog
    [Dirty Bull]: Command has been simplified so it will be easier to use from now on.

And still, nobody will bother their arse using it :-P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Holy crap, UDK is now throw invincible on active frames, low invincible, AND they've made it a 2 frame link to cr mp?

Flash Kick is getting some damage back? Sonic Hurricane too?

I can hear the Guile theme playing...

Flash Kick is getting some damage back? Sonic Hurricane too?

Dont think a raw Sonic Hurricane will do any more damage, the way I read it, it just does more damage if ya combo into it.

I hate guile but they never should have nerfed Sonic Hurricane, should have nerfed his air throw though (puts on flame retardant suit of Armour :P)

If there is any justice, Guy should get the following

1. Suction effect on U1 so you can combo into it full screen instead of only in the corner
    2. Fix target combo, again, it still whiffs on some crouching opponents
    3. Seeing as their making some Ultra motions easier, make U2 motion slightly easier (say HCB,QCB instead of 2x HCB). If you do the move too quickly you'll get a Hozonto or EX Hozonto instead
    4. Make Bushin Flip -> Elbow drop an actual overhead
    5. Make EX Izuna drop beat all other air throws like it already should

Thats all

J0hnick wrote: »
    Dont think a raw Sonic Hurricane will do any more damage, the way I read it, it just does more damage if ya combo into it.

I hate guile but they never should have nerfed Sonic Hurricane, should have nerfed his air throw though (puts on flame retardant suit of Armour :P)

Yeah, I actually meant that, but it's still an important buff. It means alot of the practical uses of SH (trades I think, FK FADC SH) will do that little bit more damage, it makes me happy. SH currently does very little damage in these situations because the "heavy" hits don't connect.

BTW, in arcade edition, air throw received 2 nerfs- one to range (they reckon it's halved, although Capcom haven't given exact figures) and one to start up (it's 4 frames now). They basically nerfed everything Guile does in Ae :D

It's still a useful move but most Guile's just use his awesome normal AAs now instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Poor Ken got his sweep combo taken away, but the biggest news is that Vega can finally combo into U1.

Gouken with full Super is going to be very dangerous now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Also [H.Shoryuken] cannot be EX Focus Canceled anymore, regardless of hit or block, so the risk and reward has been increased. = gay. Non fadc DP. Have capcom lost it?

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Also [H.Shoryuken] cannot be EX Focus Canceled anymore, regardless of hit or block, so the risk and reward has been increased. = gay. Non fadc DP. Have capcom lost it?

Just use medium?

Ryu is taking his first steps on the way to being..... Oni Ryu.

• Advertisement

Ouch, I thought that meant only on block so it wasnt safe to throw it out anymore, if he cant do Fierce DP -> FADC u1 anymore thats gonna suck major balls.

Or maybe its part of Capcoms plans to finally get people to use U2 :rolleyes:

Advertisement