Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

eco2live wrote: »
    Its kind of nice to know that it is done and finished and there won't be further changes.

Don't count on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Don't count on it.
    Nah man.

Now we're just waiting on SFxT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

eco2live wrote: »
    Its kind of nice to know that it is done and finished and there won't be further changes.

Seth Killian actually said a while back that while Capcom currently says they're done with SF4 if they're still making money off it there's a very high chance someone high up will just ask "Wait, if this is making us ****loads of money, why don't we make more DLC?"

I would be pretty surprised if those two empty character slots were never filled in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Sairus wrote: »
    why don't we make more DLC?

You can't bring out a disc version for people who want that option and then a few months down the line, release more DLC again!

I know Capcom like to take the piss, but that would just be stupid. Especially with SF X TK only a year away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Disc is really just a bonus, no ones forced to buy it.
    They will 100% bring out another DLC down the lines

SFxTekken is a different game, they have a different section for that, no overlap with plans etc, just have to watchout for simultaneous release dates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

They only thing I think is possible is that they will have new character models with full move sets made for sf x tk that they could add to sf4 easy enough seeing as they use what appears to be the same engine.

At the same time this could hurt sales of sf x tk if say you only wanted to play as karin and that was your reason for buying sf x tk. Though fighting game players tend to buy most games anyway.

Speed Boat wrote: »
    They only thing I think is possible is that they will have new character models with full move sets made for sf x tk that they could add to sf4 easy enough seeing as they use what appears to be the same engine.

Yar, this is what I'm assuming is going to happen. I assume SF4 will outlive SFxT on the tournament circuit and so many of the SFxT 'exclusive' characters will end up in SF4 at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Speed Boat wrote: »
    At the same time this could hurt sales of sf x tk if say you only wanted to play as karin and that was your reason for buying sf x tk. Though fighting game players tend to buy most games anyway.

I'd sat they are counting on the crossover being the selling point of sf x tk, I think popular sf characters would probably be seen as more profitable as AE dlc. Maybe partially the reason for "new" characters in Oni and E. Ryu instead of the old favorites the fans were asking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I suppose they could add 2 more characters and some balance changes along with new costumes in the next year. I reckon they will announce sf5 around this time next year and that will come out 2 years later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Does anyone know why the pc version is still not released? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

tuxy wrote: »
    Does anyone know why the pc version is still not released? :(
    Console disc version is due 28. June, PC release in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Pre-ordered the disc version of this. €27 off Cd-wow.
    I'm convinced it'll come early, though seeing that it's Cd-wow I'll be waiting months.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Naphiel wrote: »
    I'm convinced it'll come early

I got mine off shopto for about 25, they say they ship games as soon as they arrive for pre-order, i get the feeling they're not gonna be getting them the friday morning more like monday or tuesday :P so hopefully we get it a few days earlier than expected. so unbelievably excited at this stage :D

I dunno but aren't releases in europe generally done on a tuesday? or at least dated for a tuesday but the shops usually sell them the friday before it's been a good while since i pre-ordered any game so i'm a bit hazy on my release days, but that's the way i'm remembering it. So i'm wondering if the delay from tuesday to friday was so that europe didn't get it before america? Still i imagine when it will be out will depend on the when the delivery comes and if the shop manager decides to put it on shelves before release or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Normally they come out on Friday in Ireland.
    Cd-Wow have the 24th as it's scheduled release date which is the same as America. Normally they sell a few things from America so I'm hoping they get it and ship it for then since I don't mind if I have a NTSC or PAL copy as I wouldn't be interested in buying the other DLC anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

For the sake of making future casuals easier, and since I've been away from my Xbox for 2 weeks, I'm going to NOT buy the DLC and will just hang on for the disc release.

Has moving stuff around on USB sticks been ridiculously awkward?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Doublepost!

Anyone know where will stock the AE disc for a good price?

Or at all? (Hasn't Capcom said that this is a limited printing?)

All stores I've been into have just looked at me confused as I insisted there was going to be a new Street Fighter disc release soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

aeonfusion wrote: »
    I got mine off shopto for about 25, they say they ship games as soon as they arrive for pre-order, i get the feeling they're not gonna be getting them the friday morning more like monday or tuesday :P so hopefully we get it a few days earlier than expected. so unbelievably excited at this stage :D

I dunno but aren't releases in europe generally done on a tuesday? or at least dated for a tuesday but the shops usually sell them the friday before it's been a good while since i pre-ordered any game so i'm a bit hazy on my release days, but that's the way i'm remembering it. So i'm wondering if the delay from tuesday to friday was so that europe didn't get it before america? Still i imagine when it will be out will depend on the when the delivery comes and if the shop manager decides to put it on shelves before release or not.

I got Street Fighter IV from shopto.net 4 days early and MvC3 3 days early. The only time I've not had them send a game before release date was with Modern Warfare 2 but that came on the day of release. Shopto have always been my choice of online retailers as far as games go.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Neeknak wrote: »
    I got Street Fighter IV from shopto.net 4 days early and MvC3 3 days early. The only time I've not had them send a game before release date was with Modern Warfare 2 but that came on the day of release. Shopto have always been my choice of online retailers as far as games go.

Well since the steam price drop for it i went and bought a 4 pack so i can annoy my friends with 'gwon it's only 20 quid' already got rid of 2 of my 3 spares doing that :P I would've kept my order with shopto were it not for the fact that i can download the game from steam whenever i want instead of having to use the disc, the backup feature and the screenshots, i like getting screenshots of those win moments :D Also i wanted to get the 4 pack to help increase sales and get new people playing the game.

But they have a really good price on the brawl stick so i think i'll be getting that off shopto and prolly many many games, they have great prices :)

Oh btw is ANYONE going to be playing AE on PC? I'd really like to get some fights in against some Irish players to see where i stand (I know, ill definatly try to get to one of the casuals in dublin within the next month or so). I'm getting to the stage where i'm thinking of getting a cheap second hand ps3 just for fighting games...but if i do that i also have to buy a tv...and a license :( don't really have a grand to be dropping just like that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

aeonfusion wrote: »
    I'm getting to the stage where i'm thinking of getting a cheap second hand ps3 just for fighting games...but if i do that i also have to buy a tv...and a license :( don't really have a grand to be dropping just like that :P
    You can get an xbox and a vga lead to plug into your computer monitor for less then 200 euro most of the Irish players play on xbox too as far as I'm aware.

AE Costumes on route for July 5th. There are only new costumes for the new 4 guys.
    They're actually releasing 2 costumes for each of them - and Oni's second costume takes damage. The pack'll cost you €3.99 on PSN and 320 banana dollars on XBLA, however the announcement is sort of unclear, so I'm not sure if this will be two seperate packs or if you get all 8 costumes in one go.

http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/2011/06/arcade-edition-costumes-on-their-way/

Yun-Yang-2.jpg

Yun-Yang-1.jpg

Evil-Ryu-Oni-2.jpg

Evil-Ryu-Oni-1.jpg

• Advertisement

God, they still have the stupid flames

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

bush wrote: »
    God, they still have the stupid flames

Says the blanka player with the Neon UFO on his back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Sairus wrote: »
    Evil-Ryu-Oni-1.jpg

I object to long haired Ryu clone. It looks too Farz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

LOOKIN GOOD ryu
    buddyjesus1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Says the blanka player with the Neon UFO on his back :pac:

to be fair bush gives out if you use that alt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sagat06 wrote: »
    to be fair bush gives out if you use that alt

That alt is the only thing in the IV series that should ever be banned in competition.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That alt is the only thing in the IV series that should ever be banned in competition.

Yeah it's totally distracting and deceiving about Blankas hitbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

That's why I pick it. He needs all the advantages he can get :)

Any Irish players playing SSF4AE on PS3 that want to give me some pointers. I am deffo at a skill ceiling that I need to break through.

Ye I hate alt 3 like everyone else, its complete BS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I love it

Advertisement