Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭OniKen

PSN dosnt have AE... that or just my ps3. This is so ****ty. I barley got to play a round in Japan without some japanese guy kickin my ass till I had to go back to useing ken. Why did Xbox get it and not Ps3? (With out someone saying 'Coz the Play station is ****' or something to that effect)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

SRK is saying that it's up.

You have to search for it. Been delayed in the add-ons menu but if search for arcade edition you should be able to DL it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Capcom says its not out till tomorrow on psn but some people may be able to get it, whatever that means.

edit: From Reddit:

BJ3lz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭OniKen

Orim wrote: »
    SRK is saying that it's up.

You have to search for it. Been delayed in the add-ons menu but if search for arcade edition you should be able to DL it.

Everywhere says its out but nothing is about it on the PSN, oh well... Ill try again tomorrow. At least ill get a chance to try it out at Sai's tomorrow if I can make it there.
    Cheers anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

after playing for a while today heres my thoughts.

e.ryu is just a one trick pony. basically akuma with an axe kick. main goal is to do standing fierce into medium axe kick and link from that. hes little hop kick is fun. not a overhead but dodges many low pokes. also his standing fierce is lol

oni is a mixup artists wet dream. fireballs and his little crossuup stuff is really sneaky. though its not invincle. can be easyily smacked out of unless its the ex overhead. lol at ulta 2 cinematic damage.

yang. moar rekkas. not annoying as yun but due to jump mkick into dive hes practically safe from focus attacks. his ltra 1 is hard as hell to combo into but ultra 2 has more options but less invincibilty. ive seen ultra 2 been jabbed out of multiple times.

yun. oh mah lawdy days this boyo is my sub. insane combos. insane pressure. meter build and damage. also genei jin makes you look stylin as ****. no wonder daigo mained him. he is a beast.

was messing in training with yun and remembered in a daigo video he did a neat little trick in the corner
    Level 3 Focus attack - backdash - palms - palms - light lunge
    this looked cool and i tried it out. the spacing and timing is very very strict but from a focus crumple this give 434 damage :eek: OP nerf plz

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Played for about an hour online with DeeJay and about 30 minutes with Jun in training mode.

I'm liking the changes to DeeJay. MaxOut recovers quicker and slide seems to be more solid. I'm also hitting ex.MGU>dash>U2 quite easily.

Online is a Jun-fest, but most people don't know what they are doing. However, I did face some really good Juns and I really didn't have an answer. I seem to trade alot with him where I hit cleanly with other characters and the pressure he can maintain is incredible. I'm going to learn him, even if it's just to understand him better.

Looking forward to learning Oni. Seems to be alot of fun.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's annoying me how easy it is to win with Deejay now. It's like they reversed the situation in Super.

Any hints on the timing for MGU dash U2 future Guy? I've only gotten it to work once or twice, but I'm very new to even bothering to try.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's annoying me how easy it is to win with Deejay now. It's like they reversed the situation in Super.

Any hints on the timing for MGU dash U2 future Guy? I've only gotten it to work once or twice, but I'm very new to even bothering to try.

The first thing is not to mash the Ex.MGU. If you do, you cannot hit the U2 after dash. The timing for the dash is a little strict...input dash too early and it won't come out. Dash too late and the U2 won't connect.

The timing of the initial dash is all important...once that is down, the rest is easier. My main advice regarding timing is to try the dash a split second after the last hit of the ex.mgu hits. DeeJay should be returning to normal stance as he dashes (it's tough to explain when I'm not currently playing).Once you input the dash, immediately rotate to upback and double tap 3xP while holding stick upback. Double tapping significantly increases the chances of hitting. I hope that helps a little. I doubt you'll have much troube with it.

I practiced it in Super for ages and was up to about 6-7% success. I'm easily 60% now with 15 minutes of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Man, I totally take back what I've been saying about Rose's U2. The changes they've made to it really limit its use from its catch all form in Super. I actually have to sort of think about when to use it now.

Meaties are pretty much guaranteed to knock her out of it, though sometimes the orbs stay active afterwards resulting in a trade. From what I can tell it's completely random whether or not the orbs stay in that case.
    I was messing around with Ryu testing out the limits of what can be done to her on startup and haven't gotten around to the rest of the cast. If Ryu is right up beside Rose when she's waking up, he can cr.lk on reaction to knock her out of U2. Not cool Capcom.
    There is a specific timing to it, but I was getting it semi-reliably.

I imagine there are plenty of other characters that can beat it on reaction that have better pokes than Ryu.

Other than that I haven't really played much except Oni, Juri and a bit of Yang. Oni's great craic, Juri's fireball startup>fireball release combo is a fun wee addition and Yang is surprisingly fun to use. Dem rekkas.

Also, Desk put up a day one Yang combo vid.
    94 hits? Desk is ridiculous.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Once you input the dash, immediately rotate to upback and double tap 3xP while holding stick upback. Double tapping significantly increases the chances of hitting. I hope that helps a little. I doubt you'll have much troube with it.

This in particular is really interesting as it was precisely how I used to do FADC Flash explosion with Guile in Vanilla (even down to the double tap). Hopefully, that'll make it easier for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

The AE update brought all the scrubs (myself very much included) back to Street Fighter. Played a bunch of games with Chun last nigth... Only lost 3 fights, and 2 were stupid crap by me. I only played one decent player, and by decent I mean he killed me with DP fadc Ultra with Evil Ryu. Standard at the moment is very poor. Of course I expect that to change within the month, but it's easy pickings, even for mediocre players like myself.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Played around for a while.

Few observations.

Bison stuff mainly. S.HK gets 110 damage well beyond the knee. Only the tip of the boot gets the 80 damage.

Cammy's lack of push back on Cannon Spike is delicious. With charge in Super I could punish with PC or without I could punish with slide.
    Now I can punish with walk up cl.hp, c.lk, c.mk xx hp.pc or very simply c.mp xx pc. Also I get all hits with an ultra punish instead of whiffing the first hit.

Yun and Yang seem to have wide hitboxes. All Bisons bizzaro combo's work on them. Previously they only worked on Cammy.

Scissor Kick loops seems to be gone entirely, I'm not close enough to tick into after a blocked light scissor kick on any character. Boo-urns.

Dee Jays Dash ultra's are easy to do now.

Also the DLC seems very rushed. With no new trails or rival cut scenes. Not that they matter much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Is it just me but does the vs screen for AE take far longer to load than it's SSFIV counter part?

OK this is really weird. I have the game installed and when I play the regular Super version the loading time in one player mode is normal but when I switch to Arcade Edition it takes much longer to load at the vs screen in arcade mode. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it normal or is it just happening to me? I'm using the xbox 360 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Azza wrote: »
    Also the DLC seems very rushed. With no new trails or rival cut scenes. Not that they matter much.

What I find odd about this is that there are no new rival cut scenes, but there's new rival dialogue mid fight :/ Weird how they bothered to add that stuff in, but left out so much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

its a DLC, hardly expect a 100% integration in with the game.
    Think of it as an add on map/gun to COD.

if_you_dont_vote_dont_complain_poster-p228976592618582128t5wm_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

DLC
    rushed

Capcom.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

So whos the most used character Online now, my internet is terrible so can't play just practising combos(damn you rekka cancel into ultra 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

edit: From Reddit:

BJ3lz.jpg

Online warrior takes his rightful place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Was there some change made to Blankas Ultra 1.
    I crouching upercutted him out of it last night when it was coming down on my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

I think you could always do that

• Advertisement

Was there some change made to Blankas Ultra 1.
    I crouching upercutted him out of it last night when it was coming down on my head!

You can do all kinds of stuff to him after the first hit, Guile can even air throw him.

Messing around in the training room with Deejay, can't do it solidly yet but landed a j hk cr mp ex MGU dash U2 :o never managed that kind of damage output before in an SF game.

Being able to cancel cr lk into dread kicks is handy too. Incredible "priority" on his jumping d lk, it seems to stay active forever and some matches you can just spam it out.

Over in Guile land- seriously Capcom, wtf were you thinking.

If they just removed one or two of the nerfs, he'd be playable, but he just cannot do damage anymore. Something like 220 for flash FADC ultra now.

I didn't expect it but the nerf I am really feeling is the flash kick. Anything but EX is pointless now, but of course, I don't have meter to spend with Guile...

The only positive is that I've noticed people trying to ward off the UDK on wake up alot with DPs etc. Guile's got a teeny bit of a wake up game now.

I think you could always do that
    Well I never!Anyway not much point if you can block it and really punish

In relation to Ken changes. I haven't noticed much but i am trying to find out myself without reading up.

His sweep is much faster making him able to combo into it ala Ryu which is a nice addition.
    Also crouching medium punch can be combo'd into with crouching light punch and also comboed out of with crouch medium kick or crouch light jab.

Excellent

On the bad side his air ex tatsu is no longer and over head.
    Bad Bad news as i used this tactic alot and it caught many people unaware

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

On the bad side his air ex tatsu is no longer and over head.
    Bad Bad news as i used this tactic alot and it caught many people unaware

Really???

I thought your tactic was sweep taunt backdash ten times a match :pac:

It wasn't,but it will be the next time I play you thanks to kens improved sweep. Thanks for the idea.
    I don't think I've evr used ken sweep before AE.
    It was basically useless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Blanka feels so week

need to learn new strategies that work now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Blanka feels so week

:mad:
    This news has made my 'weak'....

:D:):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Dont believe the hype ken, blankas fine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Any thoughts on the new follow feature? I think it's fantastic. I followed 3 people last night: Alioune, Poongko and Bush.

Doing so treated me to 3 great matches. Alione vs Louffy (Louffy's U1 Rose couldn't take a round from Alioune's Yang). Poongko vs Mago (amazing Seth, as always). Finally, Bush vs Fergus. Never played you Fergus, but it looks like you've got a really good Sakura! It's a great way to see high level play.

At the time of following, Bush was Top 20 in the world in PP. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Any thoughts on the new follow feature? I think it's fantastic. I followed 3 people last night: Alioune, Poongko and Bush.

Doing so treated me to 3 great matches. Alione vs Louffy (Louffy's U1 Rose couldn't take a round from Alioune's Yang). Poongko vs Mago (amazing Seth, as always). Finally, Bush vs Fergus. Never played you Fergus, but it looks like you've got a really good Sakura! It's a great way to see high level play.

At the time of following, Bush was Top 20 in the world in PP. :eek:

Thanks very much >.<

I followed Skatan, Uryo, Alioune, V-Ryu and Kofum2002 (can't remember what it is)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Incredible "priority" on his jumping d lk, it seems to stay active forever and some matches you can just spam it out.

Is that the hop-esque move? God, I friggin' hated that in SSF4 as it was!

Any distinctive Akuma changes? Is U2 actually useful?

🤪

Advertisement