Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Where in the wide world of sports did my Juri points go!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Neeknak wrote: »
    Where in the wide world of sports did my Juri points go!?

Is AE up now? :/

I don't think so. I have about 1000 each for 8 - 10 characters, 4800 with Juri and 8150 with Rose. Juri now shows up as Rank D instead of B and I have 66 points after winning one match. I daren't pick Rose in case she gets reset too.

The text used to display in game BP is definitely different now. And on replay channel it has a silver SSF4 logo beside each replay in my battle log.

I want my points back dammit!

They announced a while back that all the points were being reset, so I'm afraid you're out of luck unless you want to abandon using Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

My save died on me a while ago and I lost almost everything, all the costumes I unlocked, all the stuff I did in Trials ... the lot :mad:.

My first fight online said I had 0bp when I had around 2100 previously, 1 ranked match later and my points went back to normal so they must have been stored on Capcoms end, guess you'll just have to wait until AE goes live tommorow and play one last game of regular SSF4 to get your points back ;).

• Advertisement

Not dropping her but to the best of my understanding, when you select AE everyone is back to 0 points but if you select super, all your old points stayed the way they were.

Sairus wrote: »
    They announced a while back that all the points were being reset

When was this ?, afaik they you'll have two sets of points, your SSF4 points wont transfer over to AE but they'll still be there in regular SSF4.

Or am I wrong ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

J0hnick wrote: »
    When was this ?, afaik they you'll have two sets of points, your SSF4 points wont transfer over to AE but they'll still be there in regular SSF4.

Or am I wrong ? :confused:
    Yep that should be right your points should stay the same on SSF4 but you should start on zero on AE.As someone said hopefully it's only a server issue.

Ah right, that does sound like it makes some kind of sense.

Anyone know what time It's out I thought 9am .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Its up now. Cant get it on marketplace but if you go into the game and access marketplace from there, its up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Its up now. Cant get it on marketplace but if you go into the game and access marketplace from there, its up.

Great! What size is the file?

672 MB. Thought it would be bigger all things considering. Ugh its taking so long to download... Cant wait to see how fast oiling up is. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone considering changing main for AE? I'm sticking with DeeJay (alll the "buffs" and still C tier!) but will probably work with one of the twins to see what the fuss is about.

Around 700mb
    Edit:boards didn't skip the last page

I think I'll try yang rather than yun just because he looks cooler lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

**** YOU
    students/jobless/bum's/mothers/house wife DADS/Paul[A-trak]

Oh boy Yang is so ****ing good and a lot of his combos are easier than fei's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Brought my console to work and downloaded the AE update.

Playing on Pal 50 composite using a pad is not how this game should be played.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone considering changing main for AE? I'm sticking with DeeJay (alll the "buffs" and still C tier!) but will probably work with one of the twins to see what the fuss is about.

Im stickin with Guy, hes gone from being the joint 4th worst character in the game (tied with Gen) to C tier. Hes also traded having 7:3 matchups against him with Balrog, Honda and Rose to getting raped by AE Fei and being one of the worst characters you can use to fight against the twins.

So whilst I wont be switching mains, Ill probably have to pickup a secondary character who matches up well against the Twins and Fei, I was messin with Sagat but he matchs up bad enough against Fei in regular SSF4 as it is, so might give Yang a try (I liked him in 3S)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

If you want a character for the twins and Fei why not give Zangief a go.

I'm sticking with Fei, virtually unchanged and everyone else got nerfed. HK chickenwing invincibility will be missed. Interested to see how much easier its going to be to go through fireballs with ex-rekkas.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »

I feel obligated to stick with hakan since they gave him everything I asked for bar the overhead. Game feels weird to me at the mo. Gonna have to get used to actually being able to be oiled for the entire fight. Was messing with gief too and hitting someone with EX B.Flat and to have them still standing hurts my brain.

Prob gonna mess with yang and oni. Both characters just look really fun to play as.

anyone that has not played 3S or is not a fan of 3S
    cant actually pick the twins.

its the rule of thumb
    technically you shouldnt even be doing ex moves but we will let you away with that

NHvRv.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

had about 15 minutes in the training room there... oni feels like a mix up players dream, tier lists be damned! Now what you can figure out in 15 minutes playing with 4 chars couldnt be written on the back of a fag packet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I only had about an hour with the game, since I had to leave. Loving Yun, although he's a bit clunky at the moment.

Ranked has turned into Twin Fighter IV: AE. Haven't lost to one with Rose yet though so it's good practice for when I meet a decent one.

Enjoying Juri's changes a lot. Her new walk speed along with combo fireball store>release are sweet.

Of the new 4 I think I'll be adding Evil Ryu to my rotation. Rose - Juri - E. Ryu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Is it just me but does the vs screen for AE take far longer to load than it's SSFIV counter part?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Well seeing that I'm about to clock off for bed ( I'm exhausted, with less than 2 hours sleep in the 24 hours. ) I might as well as give my first impressions of AE.

I quite like what they've done. Maybe I was playing crap players in ranked today but my Juri seems to be able to cope just fine against Yun so I don't really see him as that threatening. Brain dead, yeah but not THAT threatening.

Oni is way too much fun to play as, another Secondary to add to my list along with Bison, Ken and Dan. He was definitely better than I was expecting. Also, Hulk Oni ftw!

Its kind of funny, just starting to play ranked today and I come across a Makoto, laugh it off for a second than realise ' Ah crap, she's gotten buffed big time in AE! ' Small things like that I'll need to get used to.

The new themes are nice as well.

Despite the obvious trumpet blowing over balance issues, I like this, its not as snow or as annoying as Super but what IS annoying here probably turn out to be fun in the long run. We'll see.

The day you'll play a good yun. You will cry in the corner of your bath tub and then u'll donate your xbox to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Despite the obvious trumpet blowing over balance issues, I like this, its not as snow or as annoying as Super but what IS annoying here probably turn out to be fun in the long run. We'll see.

This sums up quite well what I think about AE so far. It's not as "dry" as SSF4, and that's more important than the balance from my point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭albel nox

I am pretty disappointed overall by AE its a shame that 2 of the four new guys are just evil and more evil versions of current characters. Alot of the new balancing things are good some are bad as is the way with fighting games.
    Capcom have made some mistake as they have in the past and will continue in the future but fighting games are hard to balance in there very nature ( i personally feel that there has been few)

I personally think balance is more important but i understand that a game has to be fun, i just think that you shudn't be punished because you are not playing with a certain character.

Advertisement