Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Ffs the large 32 year old man playing the schoolboy just looks stupid in his school uniform.

He is fairly big alright...how old is the actor in real life?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Ffs the large 32 year old man playing the schoolboy just looks stupid in his school uniform.

Does he ever even go to school, like? He was supposed to be working one day a week at the radio for TY work experience - and yet he never seems to leave the station??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

He is fairly big alright...how old is the actor in real life?

About 47!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

swiftman wrote: »
    didnt ciaran rape katy but nobody believed her (could of been her telling more lies).

well since ciaran is working in the radio and roise being there, well my wild guess is he'll attack her and mack saves her etc etc.

top of page 19 post 271 from 21/11/12
    soaps are so easy to predict

I got a phone call and missed what Róise said at the end. What was that last scene with Ciarán? He had a necklace belonging to her?

Also, Seamus weighing himself with rocks in his pockets was genius. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Good episode tonight. The end was quite chilling when Roises attacker was revealed!

The acting really is so much better than Fair City and the funny moments aren't cringefest like FC.
    One of the most underrated soaps on the box.

roise been with him last few weeks in the radio. he isnt of normal size, he stands out when he stands next to johnny jason etc cause he;s so wide.
    surely roise will cop on even if she's stupid

Hope no-one who only watches the Sunday omnibus reads this!! Put spoilers on yer posts, guys :)

The actress playing Róise was brilliant in tonight's episode! I didn't really like her before (half her lines seem to be "ok ok ok ok" :P) but she was really good in this, was a really powerful episode. Poor Róise.
    Ciarán is creepy as hell! I love how they made it out it wasn't him at the start, with how upset/angry he was (and how gentle he was with her at the end of Tuesdays episode), and then reeeeally slowly revealed his face at the end. From the clip at the end, it looks like she'll figure it out next week... D'ye reckon Katy will be back?

And was that part of his balaclava stuck to Róise's bandage?! If so, why didn't she give it to O'Shea??

I think that's one thing RnR do really well - making you doubt characters, and change your mind constantly about whether you think they're "good" or "bad" (for lack of a better choice of words) or whether you think they're innocent or guilty of whatever it is. They did it with Breandán and Katy, and now they've done it with
    Ciarán
    too.

While I generally agree about not posting spoilers, anybody who watches the omnibus really shouldn't be looking here after episodes have aired. I think that's more than fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

can we edit the title to add the same spoilers warning like home and away has maybe that will help?

• Advertisement

While I generally agree about not posting spoilers, anybody who watches the omnibus really shouldn't be looking here after episodes have aired. I think that's more than fair.

In fairness, it's easy to click on the thread without thinking when it comes up in your User CP...

A very good week for the show. Great stuff. Not so sure how exactly it can be that fella...isn't the timeline a bit messed up?

A very good week for the show. Great stuff. Not so sure how exactly it can be that fella...isn't the timeline a bit messed up?

That's what I was thinking, but not sure if I was paying close enough attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Yeah my other half said to me "I betcha it was Ciaran" and I said sure he was in Gaudis all night wouldn't it look obvious if he had left straight after Roise. Or he would have had to have left before her to be across the road with the balaclava on. It had to have been him though, the creepy way he was looking at the necklace.

Roise said she bit her attacker on the neck so even after a few days a bite mark would still be obvious.

julyjane wrote: »
    Yeah my other half said to me "I betcha it was Ciaran" and I said sure he was in Gaudis all night wouldn't it look obvious if he had left straight after Roise. Or he would have had to have left before her to be across the road with the balaclava on. It had to have been him though, the creepy way he was looking at the necklace.

Roise said she bit her attacker on the neck so even after a few days a bite mark would still be obvious.

Maybe he just took the necklace? With Ros na Run it is never that straight forward :)

• Site Banned Posts: 7 Dintam

It is impossible to take the ciaran story seriously when he is meant to be TY age. I mean come on, kids are 15 years old in TY, that Ciran guy looks old enough to be the father of a ty student.

Yeah, a little. But when they returned to Gaudi's after Róise was pushed to the ground, Ciaran was coming out of the bathroom, so maybe you're supposed to think he was pretending to be in there but had really left for a few min. And the phone Róise "left at home" appeared in Gaudi's after he came out of the bathrooms. But then, someone in a balaclava was watching Róise as she typed in her PIN to enter the flat... (meaning he'd have had to have left straight after her, while acquiring a black jacket, gloves and a balaclava - surely they'd have noticed that?) and they showed a side view of the man in the balaclava's eyes, and I didn't think that it was Ciaran at the time (even though he's the obvious suspect).

He's definitely involved - why else would he have the necklace? - but knowing RnR, it wouldn't surprise me if (a) he had an accomplice and/or (b) it wasn't him and he took the necklace back later, when they found her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Judging by his facial expression at the start of last night's episode, it could definitly be Ciaran who attacked Roise

branie wrote: »
    Judging by his facial expression at the start of last night's episode, it could definitly be Ciaran who attacked Roise

It's definitely looking like that now. He can hardly stop smiling. He wants her to suffer with the newspaper writing about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

[QUOTE=languagenerd;83394811.

He's definitely involved - why else would he have the necklace? - but knowing RnR, it wouldn't surprise me if (a) he had an accomplice and/or (b) it wasn't him and he took the necklace back later, when they found her.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was thinking aswell.Could they not have got someone a bit younger to play the part of a 15/16 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

What about the fella who was watching Roise in Gaudis and giving her the creeps? Was that the same fella who came to the radio station to sell him the necklace in the first place? I have an awul habit of second-screening when the TV is on so I sometimes miss little details

the worse 15 mins of ros na run i ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Could you imagine Caitriona in a bikini?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Roise attacker spoiler:
    finds out by next thursday Ciaran was her attacker and according to info on the sky tv guide everyone in the village are looking for him...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

branie wrote: »
    Could you imagine Caitriona in a bikini?
    Lol! I'm not the only one who was like "Jesus, no-one said anything about a bikini?", then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

To be fair, Mack was wittering on about taking Maeve swimming. Thats where the reference to a bikini by Catriona came from.

It was pretty obvious that Tina & Dara's great getaway plan would come unstuck. They told half the village that they were going so it wouldn't have taken long to find them. It would be ironic for Tina to be convicted for a crime that she didn't commit having got away with 2 murders already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Just catching up on demand , how old is Maeve , she wouldn't be walking already would she ?

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Roise attacker spoiler:
    finds out by next thursday Ciaran was her attacker and according to info on the sky tv guide everyone in the village are looking for him...
    An old fashioned man hunt - just what the village needs to liven it up a bit..

:)

omgggggggggggggg

• Advertisement

That was fantastic! Glad they didn't drag it out too long.. Cannot wait for Thursday!

A good old Connemara beating for Ciarán hopefully..

:)

Advertisement