Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Julez wrote: »
    Well it might not be the "Sky Player" but to say it has nothing to do with sky player is a bit much! It is meant to be a sample of the sky player. And it does load differently to a normal video.

No it doesnt. It loads the exact same way as other videos such as SentUAMessage.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

I downloaded it this morning from the Video Marketplace.

Ive got a Multiroom account and its configured.

I have it working now. I think its pretty neat and Im suitably impressed. Ive streamed a few movies for testing and watched Sky Sports live. Ill be watching the game later.

So it does work. Heres hoping Sky sort out the "issues" they are having so you guys can get it.

Putting on the dark knight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Once any niggles are ironed out i'd say it will be a great service....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Well it might not be the "Sky Player" but to say it has nothing to do with sky player is a bit much! It is meant to be a sample of the sky player. And it does load differently to a normal video.

that video doesnt work differently then any other video that is on the dashboard for people to watch. its exactly the same and its just advertising sky player.

can't see the connection and remember rrod isnt just the gpu failure from over heated and does have other causes. check the secondairy codes to check the actual error.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

conor-mr2 wrote: »
    I downloaded it this morning from the Video Marketplace.

Ive got a Multiroom account and its configured.

I have it working now. I think its pretty neat and Im suitably impressed. Ive streamed a few movies for testing and watched Sky Sports live. Ill be watching the game later.

So it does work. Heres hoping Sky sort out the "issues" they are having so you guys can get it.

Putting on the dark knight now.

I've been looking forward to this for ages. I've a sky multiroom sub and unfortunately I can't watch the match tonight in either of the rooms downstairs. FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Can anyone confirm - i pay for sky full package in one room - do I need to pay mre for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

At work now, can't download to try (mightn't even bother if the line-up is that pants) ... On the XBox site, it is giving a 'offer code' for three months for the price of two if you aren't a sky subscriber.

Code: XBOX3FOR2

They Also have a code for one month free multi-room if you don't have it already.
    Code: XBOX1MONTHFREE

Link: http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/skyplayer/default.htm
    Tried entering the second code and it said it was invalid
    ragg wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm - i pay for sky full package in one room - do I need to pay mre for this?
    if you want to watch live tv, then yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 conor09

yes you only get sky news and sky screens 1&2 i think i was only on for a few min

Just folowed the link - 15 quid - they can get ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Thor wrote: »
    that video doesnt work differently then any other video that is on the dashboard for people to watch. its exactly the same and its just advertising sky player.

can't see the connection and remember rrod isnt just the gpu failure from over heated and does have other causes. check the secondairy codes to check the actual error.

Alright take it easy. Alls I'm saying a little xbox live logo does't pop up when I go to watch any old video, couldn't be arsed to think about the ins and outs of it all. I'm not trying to stir anything, just saying thats what happened to me. People can take it whatever way they want, and make of it whatever they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Alright take it easy. Alls I'm saying a little xbox live logo does't pop up when I go to watch any old video, couldn't be arsed to think about the ins and outs of it all. I'm not trying to stir anything, just saying thats what happened to me. People can take it whatever way they want, and make of it whatever they want.

no worries, im sorry to hear that you got three red rings. if its the gpu failuire it couldnt have anything to do with the sky video and is a coincidence and the xbox live logo does come up for a few videos.

i never downloaded it earlier so have no idea if the thing is any use. sky player on the pc works fine so it should be good to have it on the xbox aswell.

it says on the dashboard its coming later today, wonder if they are going to bother changing that now that they pushed it to tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

so just sigined up on skyplayer.com got the account number and put all my details in went back to the 360 then no player ah nice one, so i have to wait till tomorrow to finish this set up? and what do i need to do to finish the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

No mention of the sky player on the dashboard at all now. Even got rid of the part that said "comming today".

Ah well, I suppose I can wait till tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

right so I have Sky without sports and movies but with a multiroom sub. Anyone know if you can buy one off matches with points or something similar?

tampler wrote: »
    No mention of the sky player on the dashboard at all now. Even got rid of the part that said "comming today".

Ah well, I suppose I can wait till tomorrow.

probably changin "today" to "tomorrow"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Yep looks like its gone. Why though would anyone want to pay the fee their asking to get sky on your xbox if you dont have multi-room?

If I wanted to get multi-room id just get the proper sky multiroom with all the channels. Same price. Dont know why there thinking people will pay for this to be honest.

conor09 wrote: »
    probably changin "today" to "tomorrow"

lets hope its not xmas:mad:

joe123 wrote: »
    Yep looks like its gone. Why though would anyone want to pay the fee their asking to get sky on your xbox if you dont have multi-room?

If I wanted to get multi-room id just get the proper sky multiroom with all the channels. Same price. Dont know why there thinking people will pay for this to be honest.

It's a novelty really tbh.

I do agree with you though. People are much better off getting an actual Sky box with better picture quality and a better range of channels.

I rang Sky just there - They hadn't a clue.

I think I can sign up to "Sky anytime multiroom" for 7.50. I tried to find out if i could do that and they told me it wasn't coming out on xbox till next year :confused:

so i just said thanks and left it at that :pac:

Does anyone know, if i have a full sub downstairs, Will the 7.50 sub get me live TV on the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I rang Sky just there - They hadn't a clue.

I think I can sign up to "Sky anytime multiroom" for 7.50. I tried to find out if i could do that and they told me it wasn't coming out on xbox till next year :confused:

so i just said thanks and left it at that :pac:

Does anyone know, if i have a full sub downstairs, Will the 7.50 sub get me live TV on the box?

Nope youve to pay extra...:cool:

• Advertisement

are you sure - it says this on the site
    If you're not already subscribed to Sky Multiroom or Sky Broadband Unlimited, you can now subscribe to Sky Player Multiroom and watch channels live online for only £5.00/ €7.50 per month. You can subscribe for as little as one month, and there's no need for additional set top boxes or installation fees.
    Subscribe

For example, if you have Sky Sports Pack and Multiroom, you can begin watching Sky Sports 1 online now. If you have Knowledge Pack and Broadband Unlimited, National Geographic Channel is available to watch live online now

http://skyplayer.sky.com/aboutskyplayer/sky-live-tv.html

Also, it says this
    Only one computer or Xbox 360 per household can be used to view live TV channels on Sky Player at any one time. Viewers must be entitled subscribers or members of their household

I can sign up and watch it on the Laptop or the xbox, just not both at the same time

For 7.50 its more then worth it, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Liam O wrote: »
    right so I have Sky without sports and movies but with a multiroom sub. Anyone know if you can buy one off matches with points or something similar?

Think everyone is hoping for this kind of system and it would be ideal for everyone... except Sky, ha. They'll want you to sign up to everything just to watch one game a week.

Think everyone is hoping for this kind of system and it would be ideal for everyone... except Sky, ha. They'll want you to sign up to everything just to watch one game a week.

I think thats a definite no - sky don't have that type of agreement with the premier league - You could sign up for a month of TV on the xbox, hardly worth it, but probably the only option you have

It should be done in the future. Not all my mates have a sky multiroom sub so would be great to have the banter with them online while watching the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Its not even up to Sky. The Premier League decide how the matches are sold so the chances of PPV single matches are remote at best. The current deal is in place until 2013 so no chance of it happening before then.

its not workin for me anymore :( it wont start up says i have a network problem again ... just as the match was startin

paying the best part of e100 for sky + hd and multi now we to pay e7.50 extra to watch through an xbox where is it going to end

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

fox007 wrote: »
    paying the best part of e100 for sky + hd and multi now we to pay e7.50 extra to watch through an xbox where is it going to end

if you have multiroom you don't need to pay anything for it on xbox.

Why won't people read the thread properly before jumping to conclusions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Is it possible to sign up for just the movies on demand?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Outrageous rip off... you choose Sky sports 1 and 2 individually and they throw in ssnews and ss3 for 'free'... I dont know how much a sky package costs for all movies and sports but i would wager is less than the astronomical prices being quoted for sky player on the xbox. I see it now, €50 a month! Joking. Its €40 bills on ntl, and espn is a tenner extra there, €12 on sky player. Know its not like for like but this is a big disappointment.

The cloak and daggers stuff from sky and xbox before the launch was pathetic, did they think we would all be so excited that we just wouldnt look at the inflated prices!

Advertisement