Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packers 2009

Options
12346»

Comments

Any thoughts on draft? Keep getting these messages on facebook and general reaction is that Packers fans seem happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,753 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

They are not getting great grades from the 'expert' pundits in the media but I don't think they gave them much credit last year and they had a very good draft. I'm still amazed that Bulaga dropped that far and I think they got great value with that pick alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭christopher

a little bemused as to why we picked a tight end when we already have Finley, Havner and Lee, but otherwise i think we got decent value. don't think we'll see too many immediate changes to the line-up, but they'll be ones for the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,753 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

a little bemused as to why we picked a tight end when we already have Finley, Havner and Lee, but otherwise i think we got decent value. don't think we'll see too many immediate changes to the line-up, but they'll be ones for the future!
    Havner isn't up to much, Lee is getting on so this might be a guy they are looking to for the future.

Also Finley isn't a great blocker but creates mismatches and might be used in the H-back a lot. I just looked up Quarless and read that his blocking had really improved in 2009. The kid had character issues but according to reports had learned his lessons and was not in trouble last year or so far this year. There could be a lot of upside to this pick, he is an excellent receiver according to reports so with Finley not being a great blocker he is an addition that could be very valuable.

Like if a TE is not a good blocker in a 2 TE set the D will blitz on his side but if you have two good receiving TEs then you cannot load up as much on one side. I think its all about giving Rodgers more targets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭christopher

i thought havner showed a lot of potential actually, made some important catches in some very big games, and for a player making a transition from linebacker to tight end, we couldn't have asked for better! although i do admit that having depth there is definitely a good thing, i think havner could become an important player.

• Advertisement
Advertisement