Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packers 2009

Options
  • 14-09-2009 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

Good start for the 'Pack, won one they shouldn't have won, change from last season.

RT Allen Bairbre had a 'mare, fair play to the poor guy for facing the media afterwards.

Frikken penalties on off. nearly beat them, but at least Rodgers got a drive in the last two minutes into the house.

Go Packers. Defense was excellent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I reckon they'll win the NFC, a big year is in store for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Definitely made the right decision going to Rodgers last year. He had a big year yards-wise, but this year he's ready to go and do that mythological quarterback stuff. The 3-4 seems to be working well too, and they'll get BJ Raji in there too when he's back. I fancy them for the NFC as well, or at least to go close.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

As I said in week 1 thread. Very impressed with our defence. Much much improved over last year.
    We need to deal with the o-line issues. Rodgers was hurried way too much, Hopefully that's just a bedding in thing. If we can deal with that then I think we are set for a really strong year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

cooker3 wrote: »
    As I said in week 1 thread. Very impressed with our defence. Much much improved over last year.
    We need to deal with the o-line issues. Rodgers was hurried way too much, Hopefully that's just a bedding in thing. If we can deal with that then I think we are set for a really strong year.

Hurried yes indeed, didn't throw anything of significance until the last bomb. and sacked three times if I am correct.

Kind of negates the WR corps if he hasn't time to throw to them in deep situations.

If they win the NFC North Div. title it will be good, NFC title is not on the horizon for me after that display.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

O-Line was harrassed alot but that is a good Bears team and they wont play against many defense like that.

also even wen ROdgers was hurried he got out of the pocket well and showed the inventiveness and sharpness to go for the slide.

happy enough as long as no injuries wreck us again!

• Advertisement

Good start for the 'Pack, won one they shouldn't have won, change from last season.

Results against Bears since '04 not so good. Think '03 was last time Pack won at Lambeau and that smaller place where the Bears play.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 allj97

Best thing about Sunday was we won a game that went to the wire - how many of those did we lose last year !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Results against Bears since '04 not so good. Think '03 was last time Pack won at Lambeau and that smaller place where the Bears play.

McCarthy is 3-4 against the Bears, including last Sunday's win and last November's 37-3 drubbing at Lambeau. Forgot that? Any win against the Bears is worthwhile and important. The Bears D is a good un. No turnovers is good and the D played well, with 4 TO's of their own.

It's a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Whilst I was impressed with the Packers 3-4 in the first half there are I suppose you could call 'teething problems'. The run stop was good. The Packers were blitzing heavily with the corners to get pressure on Cutler which worked well. However, 2 of Culter's picks were imo down to either the Bears poor wide outs and/or lack of cohesion between Culter and them. It left you exposed though at times to the deep ball and against a more accomlished passing attack I would be slightly worried about that. Hester in particular did some serious damage on Woodson and Harris in the second when the Bears began to pick up more blitzes.

Pluses are that Grant is going very well but coversley the right tackle had a nightmare. The Bears should have won that game, the Bears of last year probably would have, they usually make mistake free games but on Sunday some of the mistakes were ridiculous.

I can't look past the Vikings though to win, reckon either Packers or Bears will get wildcard, next year though they should both be stronger.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    McCarthy is 3-4 against the Bears, including last Sunday's win and last November's 37-3 drubbing at Lambeau. Forgot that?

No no, I said that '03 was the last time Pack won at both Lambeau and Chicago.

Am I wrong?

As I started following the Pack in 1985 and had to wait a few years to see Don Majkowski finally break the domination, I know how good a win v the Bears is. The only point I was making is that GB hasn't managed a double in a few years, that's all.

• Advertisement

No no, I said that '03 was the last time Pack won at both Lambeau and Chicago.

Ah right. I misunderstood.

I've been following the Pack since '82. When Majkowski went down early in the '92 season I thought it was going to be a disaster. :D

When Majkowski went down early in the '92 season I thought it was going to be a disaster. :D

Still, will never forget Majkowski's contribution. 1989 was the first time I felt really proud to be a Packers fan.

Fcukers are muddling their way thru Cincy.

3rd and about 40, fcukers give up a first.

Sweet jaysus.

Beaten and deservedly so.

What a crock:confused:

/Bangs head on table.

Cedric fcuking Benson, like WTF? Up till this, the guy couldn't run more than 3 inches at a time, but now he can run all over the Packers' much-vaunted defence? If Rodgers keeps getting sacked at the current rate they'll need to activate Brohm, and sign a few more backups.

Agree totally.... frustrating display of total ineptitude in almost every department... and at home too.

3rd down allows was laughable.

Are they still recruiting in the O-Line... I reckon i could pile on the pounds... Plenty of fry brekkies, doughnuts and burgers! Anything be better than that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Are they still recruiting in the O-Line... I reckon i could pile on the pounds... Plenty of fry brekkies, doughnuts and burgers! Anything be better than that!!

You do realise that Offensive linemen in the NFL are actually very athletic :D You are confusing their diets with that of a Big D nose Tackle.

Vince Wilfork??

Packers O needs to fess up fast.

From reading some sites seems there is a bit of upset there.

First Tauscher is gone, now Clifton is out for some time

Spitz will to move to LT and Scotty into the center with Colledge at RG.

That may not be totally accurate, but one thing is clear, the Pack OL is fcuked up big time .

Maybe Colledge will go to LT and Spitz as Guard but either way it's a fckup.

James Campen under pressure????

• Advertisement

Vince Wilfork??

Wilfork is a D tackle hence why I said diet of a Nose tackle i.e Wilfork types.:D:D

Yep.. I hear ya barkin' big dog.

You do realise that Offensive linemen in the NFL are actually very athletic :D You are confusing their diets with that of a Big D nose Tackle.

yes i know that if you see at the end
    Anything be better than that!!
    it was an exageration!

just tough to take taht defeat after beating the bears altho they did find gaps in the line then too so maybe its a long-term problem taht might be there for the season! :-(

Michael Carter was an NT. :pac:

Michael Carter was an NT. :pac:[/QUOTE

So was Jerry Ball ;)

Fcuker was built like a bowling ball

Michael Carter was an NT. :pac:
    So was Jerry Ball ;)

Fcuker was built like a bowling ball

Thats nice :D

But you are more likely to find the big dudes and by big I mean 330+ muscle and fat combo who would lift you and your house as nose tackles and they defo lack the same stamina and agility as an olineman. But even these guys are fitter than me or you :D

Thats nice :D

But you are more likely to find the big dudes and by big I mean 330+ muscle and fat combo who would lift you and your house as nose tackles and they defo lack the same stamina and agility as an olineman. But even these guys are fitter than me or you :D

Yep I agree , Kent Hull to legendary center for the Buffalo Bills was asked about doing reps against Fred Smerlas the Bills NT.

Kent described him as "Like a jukebox with hair"

Thought that was a great description.

B.J Raji starting on the nose today.

Could be a good 'un.

Aren't I glad I started Mason Crosby this week? :rolleyes:

A few TD passes from Rodgers to Jennings would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Reasonable performance. Still a lot to improve on. St. Louis should have never been in with a chance. We didn't convert enough in the first quarter.
    Our running game needs a lot of improvement. Rodgers ran more impressively then Grant did.
    Huge game next week away to the Vikings. We need to improve a lot over today's performance if we want to win imo.

Advertisement