Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packers 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

2 sacsk again and 3rd downs not great again.. but a win is a win and we'll keep on trucking. If Rodgers misses much fear for the season.

Bring on the Vikings!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

A good win. Winning by 19 pts on the road is good, very good.

Crunch game next week. I'd like to see #4 tossing 4 pick-sixes. And hopefully he'll end up on his butt a few times, too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

cooker3 wrote: »
    Reasonable performance. Still a lot to improve on. St. Louis should have never been in with a chance. We didn't convert enough in the first quarter.
    Our running game needs a lot of improvement. Rodgers ran more impressively then Grant did.
    Huge game next week away to the Vikings. We need to improve a lot over today's performance if we want to win imo.

Indeed indeed.

3rd down production abysmal,and Grant really not at fault that much from the commentary, nowhere to go.

Plus side is they will be pumped up, and if they can limit Vikes on the ground, they could shade it.

Will need to move it up quite a few notches though, blockers and OL plus run D will definately have to get the finger out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Iceman_5000

Did anyone notice the guy wearing the Ireland rugby jersy at the home opener? Think it was after Jolly got the pick and it scaned the crowd. I had time to sky+ it cud i frickin hate the channel FIVE nfl team, 2 muppets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Did anyone notice the guy wearing the Ireland rugby jersy at the home opener? Think it was after Jolly got the pick and it scaned the crowd. I had time to sky+ it cud i frickin hate the channel FIVE nfl team, 2 muppets.

That was one of my buddies he was on the sideline a few rows back. Bald head and green rugby jersey. We noticed it on the big screen during the game. Myself and the other lads sitting up higher.

• Advertisement

Not expecting a Packer win tonight.

Reckon Vikes D line and Adrian Peterson will do a lot of damage.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Pretty demoralising. I felt we needed to play our best and we made too many mistakes. Too many penalty flags, our 3rd down defence was leaky and give up big plays at really inopportune moments. We never touched Favre or even came close. There was that 1 play where he had 8 seconds to pick out someone.
    Also, our running game and o-line just have not performed at all this season. I think a wildcard game is as good as it's going to get unless we have major improvements.

On plus side we stopped AP for the most part and Aaron had a good game although that is tempered by that fumble and interception. That really killed us.

I have to say Minnesota look a really good team. I could see them going all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Minnesota look the business alright.

Again on Aaron Rodgers, he is getting huge yardage but he is holding onto the ball too long, thats bringing on the sacks. If he continues to hold onto the ball like that, games are going to go against you and his career will be a lot shorter than it should be. Its a huge hole in his game. The guy has a great arm and nice bunch of receivers and you will beat a lot of teams but good defenses are always going to be a huge problem for a QB that is willing to take a sack and possible fumble rather than throw that ball away.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

Just finished watching it, wow, Jared Allen is a beast.
    I thought Favre was done by this stage, but he was **** hot tonight.
    If they can repeat that level of performance regularly they will go to the Conference game at least

Two of the packers dropped catchable balls, De Shawn Wynn and the TE Martin.

Can't be doing that and winning.

penalties again hurt us, but the crowd noise was awesome.

I take something from the game, we didn't fold up and were in touch almost to the end.

Roll on the home game in Lambeau.

Vikes are a good team in fairness.

• Advertisement

Two of the packers dropped catchable balls, De Shawn Wynn and the TE Martin.

Can't be doing that and winning.

penalties again hurt us, but the crowd noise was awesome.

I take something from the game, we didn't fold up and were in touch almost to the end.

Roll on the home game in Lambeau.

Vikes are a good team in fairness.

Yeah the atmosphere was outstanding. My brother who in no way watches nfl but knew the game was big by how I was going on about it all week watched the first half and he was saying how fantastic it was as a spectacle because of the stadium, crowd noise etc.
    I wouldn't want to go there in January.

:eek:

Why not.?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I wouldn't want to go there in January.

Why not? That's probably going to be the second biggest game of the year the way the media love Favre!

Oh I didn't mean I wouldn't want to go I meant the packers in a play-off match :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Oh I didn't mean I wouldn't want to go I meant the packers in a play-off match :)

Makes a lot of sense!

I see they don't seem to have signed up Tauscher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭christopher

great to see some other packer fans in ireland, i thought i was all alone!!

tauscher's been signed up, sooner we get him into the O-line the better!

Plenty of Pack fans here Chris, welcome aboard.

good to be aboard sir, i've been following them since i was about 7 years old on and off, and since my budget now finally stretches to having sky sports, i've really gotten back into them in a big way the last few years! planning my first trip to lambeau next year with any luck

is there an irish fanclub or anything?

Not sure about that,don't think so.

I'm delighted Tauscher in back in the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Which US state is this club in ?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Which US state is this club in ?:confused:
    the packers? Green bay, Wisconsin......

good result against the lions last night, but we shoulda put a lot more points on the board!

delighted for driver, another big night for rodgers (can't help but notice he's consistently putting more yards on the board than "Brent")

bit concerned about clifton though. that line is making us a laughing stock!!

great to see some other packer fans in ireland, i thought i was all alone!!

The games greatest franchise? Everyone loves the Pack, and those who don't are wrong! Title Town USA, the Ice Box, the tiny size of the city, the tradition, the success, being owned by the community....what's not to love?

what's the verdict on bringing ahman green back?? good signing i reckon!

No I would say, clapped out, knees gone, doubt if he will make much of an impact.

are any of you gonna meet up to watch the game next weekend??

Will be out of the country next weekend, but should be able to see it somewhere.

Enjoy.

Bit like the LPL MU game on Sun. this is a big big game for the Pack.

Season ending might be a bit strong, but lose this one and it's over and out in my opinion.

MUST FCUKING WIN!!!!!

• Advertisement

Bit like the LPL MU game on Sun. this is a big big game for the Pack.

Season ending might be a bit strong, but lose this one and it's over and out in my opinion.

MUST FCUKING WIN!!!!!

I somewhat disagree. If we lose then we can pretty much forget about winning the division no doubt. We would be 3 and a half games behind and Minnesota will hold the tie break but I'd still back us for a wildcard spot. There is no outstanding divisions in the NFC this year imo. If we lose we are 4-3 but still have to play Detroit, Seattle, SF and Tampa Bay. We also have winnable games at home to Dallas, away to Chicago and at home to Baltimore.

In saying all that I think we can beat the Vikings and if we do win it then the division is wide open and really sets us up for the 2nd half of the season.

Advertisement