Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packers 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I was thinking more psychologically than statistically.

Who have we beaten...absolute basement teams,maybe not incl Chicago, but otherwise rubbish.

Any decent half assed team has a chance, even in Lambeau.

God be with the days when you could chalk up seven wins out of eight at home.

We need to beat a good team (Vikes) at home and beat them well to gain traction for the rest of the season.

Conceding far too many penalties.... can't happen against the Vikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I agree. It's a big game psychology. I still think we can get 10-11 wins this season even if we lose if we tighten up the O-line and give Rodgers more time.
    But a win here would be huge.
    Man I love to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

As a neutral I can't see past the Pack for this one - they really seem to be firing on all cyclinders, and the Vikes have the appearance of the beginning of a slump.
    TBH, I hope I'm wrong because some of my favourite players play for Minnessota, but either way, it's going to be some game :)

Well beaten, made a bit of a fight of it in the second half... not much to look forward to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

well excellent comeback in the 2nd half.. if only Rodgers can make more calls like this wen the plays are cold in the 1st quarter would be able to get some points on the board early.. seems like he waits until he's under pressure then starts performing using his natural instinct.

still can hold for a wildcard spot and took a ding dong against a great vikings def. OL still as soft as flower but can only get better is the only positive to take.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

It seemed to take a while for Rogers to get into the game, whereas Favre had ice in his veins and wasnt fazed one bit. Plus that guy who receives the punts/kickoffs is amazing.

This is the first time I got to see the pack this year and I'm fairly confident we can get 2nd spot in the division and who knows, mabey a wild card.

congrats to the Vikings though, they are a great outfit & will go far.

Yes very slow start,it was only when they cranked up the tempo that they got anywhere.

Still not getting the hard yards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭theothers108

Well thats the season over vikes look like they can lock it up soon,the packers o line has to be worst ever in football ive seen :(

Yep she's over now good and proper.

jaysus, hammered bay a winless team with 8 total sacks up to this.

And they run up 6 sacks against The Packers.!!!!

Time to get rid of Capers and Mccarthy.

Bill Cowher is needed to instill a bit of fire in them....

haven't checked the packers site but I'm sure full of the usual excuses, make a big play get a penalty flag, drop a catch on a big gainer.

Lost count of the number the announcers on the packers network said..."My goodness" and "wow" at the sheer ineptitude of the performance.

Very very very poor.

Time to get rid of Capers and Mccarthy.

Bill Cowher is needed to instill a bit of fire in them....

The Packers record in Tampa is terrible, afaik 1 win in last 7 visits. It is bad alright, but would see how things go for remainder of this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

37 sacks through 8 games is a joke. The OL needs to get its act together.

Sacking Capers? What would that achieve? He's been there for 8 games. There has been improvement. And sacking the HC halfway through a season with a 4-4 record? Come off it. The Packers are not the Raiders.

Aaah at long last the Pack have woken up.

Still a big problem with penalties almost 100 yds in penalties but the Cowboys were as penalty prone and the Pack dodged a right few bullets.

Mustn't grumble however and the D were excellent.

Went for Romo, which makes one wonder why they didn't really target the QB up to this.

Great drive by Rodgers prior to 1 yarder, around 8 mins off the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

A great win. Always good to beat the Cowboys! Tony Romo's first NFL loss in November, too. The D played great. The O did just enough. 4 more sacks, though. If they can play like this every week, there's no reason they can't make the play-offs, and then who knows what could happen.

I dream of them gaining revenge on the Vikings, before knocking off TWO perfect teams: The Saints in the NFC championship game and the Colts in the big one.

Colts have won 18 straight regular season games!
    Aaah at long last the Pack have woken up.

So you don't want to sack Capers and McCarthy anymore? :D

Aaaah I knew I'd get that one.:D

Much more aggressive D last night, why didn't they do that up to now? Looks like someone woke up.

Seriously, a great win , but Cowboys messed up some big big plays which could have changed the course of the game.

If they could play like that next week they could beat the 9ers and then Detroit.

Still conceding far too much penaly yards... won't get away with that week in week out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Still conceding far too much penaly yards... won't get away with that week in week out.

Packers as of last night were leading the league in penalties, they really need to curb it or they'll end up getting hit every single game.

Yeah a huge victory. There is 0 reason we can't be 7-4 in 2 weeks.
    Hopefully this is the catalyst to turn season around and get some consistency.

Titletown USA beats America's Team.

And some think Colts Pats was the big fixture...;)

Need a solid win over the 'Niners tonight to convince me we are in wild card race.

Top of the 4th and well on the way but running out of steam a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Top of the 4th and well on the way but running out of steam a bit.

Should be game set and match there. The offensive line can't pick up the blitz. The defensive line isn't getting any pressure on Rodger and the secondary hasn't stopped the pass m

Just garbage all around (:

• Advertisement

Not over yet.......

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Should be game set and match there.

I'll try and refrain from making that sort of comment again.

Now it's official. Still don't know how the refs didn't give the ball back to the Niners when it was quite clear that they recovered the fumble but like the Houston game we dug a hole too much in the first half to emerge victorious.

Congrats guys.

Pack had an excellent 1st half, however I would be concerned about how they failed to contain a one dimensional offense in the 2nd half.

Seems the 'Niners could score at will, when Pack knew they had to air the ball.

Giving up a 4th &20 for a TD if I remember correctly.

Still a win is a win... let's hope they stay focused in Detroit Thursday, potential banana skin there.

'Niners QB had a very nice game .

Still a win is a win... let's hope they stay focused in Detroit Thursday, potential banana skin there.

Yeah, given the erractic nature of performances to date, wouldn't shock me if Detroit won that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Bad news for the Packers losing both Al Harris and Aaron Kampman for the season is a huge blow for the defense. Certainly having no luck with injuries this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Well they're doing ok against Detroit so far tonight... Should see them extend their lead come the 3rd and 4th.

Good win, have to say I am unconvinced.

Still..

Good win, have to say I am unconvinced.

Still..

Yeah, know what you mean. I worry with the injuries when we come up with teams who have top wide receivers without Harris and generally Woodson will have to blitz less.

In saying all this, we are in a good spot at 7-4. I think we have a very good chance to get a wild card now as our run in is pretty decent. Our O-Line seems to be finally gelling and I think if we put it all together in the play-offs for 60 minutes I would take on anyone. We have a lot going for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Great result and second half performance! woop!

Is Rodgers still being very under-rated and his performances being over-looked by great defensive play & bad O-Line?
    He's having another stonking season and being battered with penalties, sacks and epic pressure.
    To me it looks like he really only lets his natural instincts take over his call making once he is under the gun.

Advertisement