Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 - 2010 NHL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

Amazing game...What's the deal with so many teams getting caught out with too many men on the ice...been over 30 this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Amazing game...What's the deal with so many teams getting caught out with too many men on the ice...been over 30 this year!

When it is painfully obvious that you have six or seven players involved in the play, it has to be called.

I can't tell you how many times the Blackhawks have been called for 'too many men' this season.

Blackhawks open the series with a 2-1 victory in San Jose, despite the Sharks being handed five power plays to the Hawks zero. They managed to fight back for the win.

Game two is Tuesday evening in the Shark Tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭StevoTG

Montreal are being swept aside. 4-0 to the Flyers at the moment, under 3 mins to go in the second period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

halak had a bad night, price could come good for this series.. would be great to have two on form goalies for the series.. the only thing about accruing such a deficit, is that habs' frontline doesn't really have that many goals between them.. we can't rely on cammalleri the whole time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Good win for the Hawks last night. Annti Niemi was fantastic!

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Good win for the Hawks last night. Annti Niemi was fantastic!

....and again !!

The Blackhawks have set an NHL post season record for consecutive road wins at seven. On to the United Center for Games 3 and 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

been watching the NHL since about 92/93 & been a Flyers fan for most of that time but Fridays game was out of this world.

Incredible start to the conference Finals for us aswell.

Lauren Hart & Kate Smith on ESPN America right now.....one of the best traditions in sports, sends shivers down my spine everytime, hopefully it'll continue into June. Lokking good so far....

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

^^^^^

moved to philly in '92 and fell in love with hockey and the flyers almost immediately...even tho i returned home 8 years ago i have maintained that affection for them and to find them here at this time of the year and after the season of turmoil they had..well lets just say i'm starting to believe----but i don't think the habs will just roll over either!

I see Andrei Markov is out for the rest of the playoffs for the Habs. Didn't see the second game though.

I'm off to bed now, the Habs are leading 3-0 two mins into the third period and have started the period very strongly...wait, make that 4-0. Gionta scores.

• Advertisement

Going to be parking my arse in the 300 level of the United Center tonight for Game Three for the Blackhawks v Sharks.

The Hawks are up 2-0 with their seven game road winning streak in tact as they return home. They skated this morning and then checked into a hotel to try and recreate the road experience.....at home.

3-0 !!!

The Blackhawks took game three as Dustin Byfuglien potted the winner in OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

SWEEEEP!!

GET THE BROOOOOOM!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

Montreal in a 3-1 hole again... not sure i see a way out this time, but we know now what the priority for the off season draught is.. a decent sharp shooter. we've been stone walled a couple of times... thats not to say i've lost all hope.. would be interesting to see Huet face off against his old team.

Montreal in a 3-1 hole again... not sure i see a way out this time, but we know now what the priority for the off season draught is.. a decent sharp shooter. we've been stone walled a couple of times... thats not to say i've lost all hope.. would be interesting to see Huet face off against his old team.

Huet will only see the ice in an emergency situation. The Hawks are looking for anyway to dump the next two years of his contract on anyone that will take him. He has been a major disapointment since signing with the team.

Montreal are a one line, one D-man, one goalie team that lacks overall depth. Losing Markov didn't do them any favours either. Despite their run through the playoffs, they are several key pieces short of consistently making a run at the Cup.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    SWEEEEP!!

GET THE BROOOOOOM!!!!!

Life is GOOD on Madison st. !!

Duncan Keith took a puck in the mouth losing four teeth in the process. He left the ice for a few minutes to get his mouth shot up with some novacaine, return to the game and still logged over 29 minutes on the blueline for the Hawks. He commented afterwards that 'it's not as bad a as people think' when asked about being hit in the face by the puck. WARRIOR.

Life is GOOD on Madison st. !!

Duncan Keith took a puck in the mouth losing four teeth in the process. He left the ice for a few minutes to get his mouth shot up with some novacaine, return to the game and still logged over 29 minutes on the blueline for the Hawks. He commented afterwards that 'it's not as bad a as people think' when asked about being hit in the face by the puck. WARRIOR.

Awesome, gotta love that attitude!

I fancy the Flyers to finish the series tonight. Montreal have done incredibly well to get here, but even after their wins over the Caps and the Penguins, I don't think many fancied them for the cup. A lot of the talk has been about Halak, but I have to say that Hal Gill has been my favourtie player of the playoffs so far. He's been immense.

Amazing win for the Flyers last night. Can't believe we're back in the Stanley Cup Finals again.....:D

Happy days

UhOh wrote: »
    Amazing win for the Flyers last night. Can't believe we're back in the Stanley Cup Finals again.....:D

Happy days

.....not for long ;)

I'll be in the United Center on Saturday for Game One of the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals. (I just love the sound of that)

Well I'm going to say the series will be split after game 2, Flyers win both at home, Blackhawks win game 5, Philly lifts the Cup at home in game 6...

• Advertisement

UhOh wrote: »
    Well I'm going to say the series will be split after game 2, Flyers win both at home, Blackhawks win game 5, Philly lifts the Cup at home in game 6...

It won't go six games. The Hawks will have it wrapped up by then. Seven straight road victories going into the Finals. The Hawks beat better teams along the way as well.

Philadelphia is finally starting to get healthy, but it's not going to be enough against the Blackhawks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

So disappointed with the sharks, they've been the nearly team for a few years now in that each yr they've been heralded as a team that can "do it" bit they keep falling short. And this yr spectacularly so. Weep weep. Maybe nxt year *rollyeyes* .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I fancy the hawks also by the way. Chicago, in all sports, are flying high at the moment. Have good support behind them and beating the sharks clean was an amazing series to be fair

Uriel. wrote: »
    So disappointed with the sharks, they've been the nearly team for a few years now in that each yr they've been heralded as a team that can "do it" bit they keep falling short. And this yr spectacularly so. Weep weep. Maybe nxt year *rollyeyes* .

The Sharks played very well this post-season. I would say that this is the best team effort that I have seen out of them in April and May.

Please remember that the regular season means nothing in the NHL. All it does is assign you a seed for the playoffs. You can look at the Eastern Conference to see that. The #1, #2, and ,#3 seeds were out in the first round.

The Stanley Cup Trophy is the hardest fought tropy in professional sports. It is truly a battle of attrition.

It won't go six games. The Hawks will have it wrapped up by then.

Nothing wrong with confidence but I think alot of Blackhawks fans are getting too far ahead of themselves....This Flyers team will be no pushover & certainly won't roll over in 4-5 games.

As side note I can't express how envious I am that you'll be at tomorrow nights game :) Enjoy
    I wont even get to watch it live on TV, have to wait til Sunday afternoon

That's one.

I'll be in the cheap seats for Game Two on Monday night. I'm also trying to purchase tickets for Game Four on Friday night.

Very, very sloppy game for both teams tonight. Leighton got the hook after letting in the fifth goal. Boucher could get the nod in Game Two.

Two former Blackhawk castaway goaltenders meeting their former team in the Finals.

Leighton got the hook after letting in the fifth goal. Boucher could get the nod in Game Two.

tough one alright, not what we need in the SC Finals mind. I guess thats why Laviolette is paid big money. I have no doubt he'll make the right decision for Monday.

Surprising sloppy game alright, not what you'd expect from either team...

Leighton gets the start again in Game Two for the Flyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

hawks go 2 -0 up in the series:(....big performance from Niemi in the net, going to be tough now for the flyers, as i think the hawks are too hungry to allow a comeback like Boston.... hope they can at least make a good series of it.

• Advertisement

dardevle wrote: »

hawks go 2 -0 up in the series:(....big performance from Niemi in the net, going to be tough now for the flyers, as i think the hawks are too hungry to allow a comeback like Boston.... hope they can at least make a good series of it.

There is a big difference between Chicago and the three teams that Philadelphia played so far in the playoffs. Chicago is four lines deep. They can beat you in so many ways.

I'm trying to get tickets for Game Four in Philly on Friday night. I'll fly out the night before if all goes well. Come hell or hight water, I am going to be in attendance when the Jonathon Toews lifts the Stanley Cup (and Conn Smythe Trophy).

Game Five is scheduled for Sunday at the United Center in Chicago ......if it goes that far.

Advertisement