Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 - 2010 NHL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

BLACKHAWKS RALLY FROM 5-0 DOWN TO STUN FLAMES IN OVERTIME

HOLY **** !!!!

I still can talk from this game !!

This ties the NHL record for the greatest comeback in NHL history !!

Habs did that a couple of seasons ago against Rangers and you know.. Huet was on that team too... odd co-incidence.. though he was the replacement goalie that night... there's no in between with cristobal huet, when he's good he's sensational.. but when he's off he's woeful..
    habs comeback
    and the video

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

BLACKHAWKS RALLY FROM 5-0 DOWN TO STUN FLAMES IN OVERTIME

HOLY **** !!!!

I still can talk from this game !!

This ties the NHL record for the greatest comeback in NHL history !!

And that will be enough said about it OK??????? :o:eek:

Back in 1987 Calgary at Toronto, the same thing happened. We are moving to Calgary the next day from Toronto and I was a diehard Leaf fan. I was miffed that we were at my brothers house and his wife wouldn't let us turn on the TV.

Flames went up 5-0 and lost 6-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

And that will be enough said about it OK??????? :o:eek:

I am an absolute mess after that win last night.

The scary thing abount the Blackhaws is that they have yet to play 60 minutes of hockey this season. We have dominated teams and managed to give away points.

Last night was one for the ages.

So this becomes the official 09/10 season thread. :)

Flames exact revenge on the Blue Jackets.

We even gave them 2 5 on 3 advantages during the game. Some very suspect officiating.

Nash is something else to watch. And it is annoying to watch Kristian Huselius score for the BJ's, and I knew teh Flames should never have let him go.

• Advertisement

Can we merge this thread with the other 2009/2010 thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

Can we merge this thread with the other 2009/2010 thread ?

The two threads have been merged :)

Flames are playing dynamite hockey. This week is a big test. Colorado and Chicago at home.

It would be sweet to get 4 points and give none. :)

Flames are playing dynamite hockey. This week is a big test. Colorado and Chicago at home.

It would be sweet to get 4 points and give none. :)

How did that work out for you ? ;) lol

THe Hawks just blew the doors of off the Flames in the second period. I was really expecting a different Flames team to start the third, but the Flames really came out without any real sense of urgency.

Since the Hawks went down 5-0 to the Flames back in October, then have now outscored them 13-1.

How did that work out for you ? ;) lol

THe Hawks just blew the doors of off the Flames in the second period. I was really expecting a different Flames team to start the third, but the Flames really came out without any real sense of urgency.

Since the Hawks went down 5-0 to the Flames back in October, then have now outscored them 13-1.

Not too well. Crappy week all around.
    Tuesday lose to Colaorado, Wednesday Thierry Henry and then last nights stinker against Chicago.

I thought that after Jokinens goal that we were in for a game. I just hope the weekend is better and the Stampeders beat Saskatchewan.

PS; I appreciate your graciousness. :)

• Advertisement

Edmonton and Vancouver this weekend, followed by San Jose, LA and Anaheim before we head home. I am afraid that we may have blown our load on that game.

I was surprised at how flat the Flames were in the 3rd period. I really expected Brent to fired them up and make a run at it.

PS; I appreciate your graciousness. :)

If it makes you feel any better, I just went out and bought Theo's book at lunchtime today. :D

Edmonton and Vancouver this weekend, followed by San Jose, LA and Anaheim before we head home. I am afraid that we may have blown our load on that game.

I was surprised at how flat the Flames were in the 3rd period. I really expected Brent to fired them up and make a run at it.

If it makes you feel any better, I just went out and bought Theo's book at lunchtime today. :D

You have to hand it to Chicago they beat both Edmonton and Vancouver, which I am thrilled about. :)

We played LA on Saturday and beat them 4-2, we have beaten LA 10 of teh last 11 times we played. Sorta like when we play the Hawks and they keep beating us.

San Jose for the Hawks on Wednsday. The Sharks are up four points in the standings, but the Hawks have three games in hand. This is going to be a HUGE game for both teams.

I loved us beating Vancouver last night. As Jonathon Toews mentioned ' there is alot of hatred brewing between these two teams', so it warms my heart beating them 1-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

The schedule is so annoying this year...like 10 games on last night..1 tonight and 15 tomorrow.I know its an Olympic year but thats very annoying!

The schedule is so annoying this year...like 10 games on last night..1 tonight and 15 tomorrow.I know its an Olympic year but thats very annoying!

It is also done to accomodate the US Thanksgiving holiday weekend which extends from Thursday to Sunday. Today may be a travel day for many Americans so they can't attend games until they get to their destination on Wednesday. Then go to the game on Thanksgiving Eve, watch football on Thursday and Friday.

Blackhawks vs Sharks tonight in San Jose. Marian Hossa set to make his debut for the Hawks who have won seven in a row.

San Jose has the highest point total in the NHL at the moment with the Hawks four points behind with three games in hand.

I have a barstool with my name on it tonight !!

Blackhawks vs Sharks tonight in San Jose. Marian Hossa set to make his debut for the Hawks who have won seven in a row.

San Jose has the highest point total in the NHL at the moment with the Hawks four points behind with three games in hand.

I have a barstool with my name on it tonight !!

Enjoy, my son is off to the Calgary - Phoenix game. I'm destined to watch it on TV

The Blackhawks were up 7-0 before giving up a 5 on 3 and another garbage goal to win 7-2 tonight.

The Hawks scored three shorthanded goals to jump out to a 3-0 lead before scoring another four unanswered goals.

The Hawks are now two points behind the Sharks in the Western Conference, with three games in hand.

Long way to go.........but things are looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

The Hawks are looking very impressive.Great road trip for them and any team that beats a team with Dany Heatley in the line up is alright by me! :)

BLACKHAWKS VAULT INTO TOP SPOT IN TSN.CA NHL POWER RANKINGS

I know that this really doesn't mean anything in December ....but sure feels good right now.

• Advertisement

Well my Blackhawks have held onto the Top Spot in ESPN and TSN's Power Rankings for the past six weeks. I would be very surprised to see how it plays out next week with the Hawks schedule.

The Hawks took out the Flames last night as Kipper stood on his head. These is something very wrong in Calgary at the moment. They are such a better team than their record.

Detroit has now moved into the 8th spot in the Western Conference.....and that's something that I just won't stand for !! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭StevoTG

Caps are looking very good, Ovechkin is playing some great hockey.
    Boston have been shocking lately. I've seen three of their games recently and they just haven't looked like winning a game. That said, they've been unlucky. The terrible high sticking call on Lucic against the Blue Jacket's in particular was a crushing blow. I felt so sorry for them on that one. Tied at 2-2 with 1:31 left, then that call was made, and they went on to lose 3-2.

LEAFS' BURKE TRADES SIX PLAYERS; ACQUIRES PHANEUF AND GIGUERE

Busy day in the NHL yesterday, with another rumoured trade (Olli Jokinnen going to the Rangers) on hold at the moment.

The leafs got a couple of good players in their deal, but I thought Stajan could become a big part of their team, so I'm sad to see him go.

I just wish the Rangers would get rid of that d!ck Sean Avery.

StevoTG wrote: »
    I just wish the Rangers would get rid of that d!ck Sean Avery.

Avery plays his role better than anyone else in the NHL.

I would also go on to say that Dion Phaneuf has not been the same player since that Avery incident....which is absolutely mind boggling when you think of it.

......and yes ....Avery is a dick regardless of what he is doing in life.

I know that Avery is good at what he does, it's more of a personal reason why I want him gone. I've only been into hockey for 3 years, and I'm not a real supporter of any team yet. NYR were the first team that I took an interest in and I know it sounds ridiculous but I just have a tough time rooting for a team with Avery in it.

I hope Phaneuf comes good for the Leafs. Would be a great asset if he can get back to form and maybe the move was just what he needed.

The Leafs (Leaves) are going to be screwed for a few seasons with the mess that they are dealing with. Burke is dumping salary by the bucket load at the moment, but does not have that much talent coming up through the system. He is going to try and 'buy' a team in the offseason, so he will be forced to overpay and then deal with those consequences.

Toronto is four or five seasons away from competing if everything goes right with this plan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Only noticed this thread now. Its good to see that I'm not the only irish person into hockey.

Things are hotting up nicely now with the sprint to the mid season Olympic break. Washington and Ottawa are on fire and they play each other very soon as far as I'm aware.

My Sabres have had a great season to date but have been a bit off form over the last 10 games going just 3-5-2. Good opportunity tonight to get back on track against Carolina at home.

Early days yet but who are peoples predictions for the cup? San Jose, Chicago, Washington and Pittsburgh look like the best bets at the moment. Though its so hard to predict and theres always the chance of a cinderella story, such as the Oilers in 2006 making the final.

Advertisement