Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 - 2010 NHL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

StevoTG wrote: »

He didn't show up when it mattered most.

You can add the Olympics to that list as well.

Most explosive talent in the world at any given time, he just hasn't shown it in the biggest games of his career yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭StevoTG

He didn't show up when it mattered most.

You can add the Olympics to that list as well.

Most explosive talent in the world at any given time, he just hasn't shown it in the biggest games of his career yet.

Can't argue with that. I really hope he gets to lift the Stanley cup during his career, he'd certainly be one of the greatest to never win the cup. There will certainly more big games for Alex to come good in in future.

The Canadiens won 3-1 in Pittsburgh to level the series at 1-1. Once again the Habs were outshot but were too solid in their defense and were clinical with their opportunities. Next game will be in Montreal and the place will no doubt be rocking. After quietening Ovechkin at crucial moments in the Washington series, the Canadiens gave Crosby a torrid time today. He looked extremely frustrated and was partly to blame for the third goal. It will be interesting to see how he responds in game 3. It should be a cracker!

Also, after the Canadiens went 3-1 up there was a nasty hit on Bergeron that could have taken him out of the game. Wasn't nice to see and it sealed the game as Montreal had a man advantage for the rest of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

Incredible 3rd period!! Habs win 2-1. Made it 2-0 with 4 mins to go but conceded about 90 seconds later and survived a 6 on 4 for the last 1:44. Both teams also had a goal chalked off in the 3rd period. I was rooting for the Caps but fair play to the Canadiens, they deserve the win. Shanannigan may have had a heart attack!

I'm still alive...
    but i was fretting towards the end... i just think that that second goal was crucial, cos then caps scored minutes later... it was a breathtaking finish to a great series.. and one that, if the habs progress further (fingers crossed), will be seen by them as the pivotal series of these playoffs.
    and they're one a piece against the pengs, so so far so good... they blocked lots of shots and it was a team effort for the caps series, but Jaro Halak is on fire right now too.. i saw in the between period interviews i think it was.. or maybe it was a quote one of the match commentators mentioned.. that Halak thrives on being busy in the net.

Can't argue with that. I really hope he gets to lift the Stanley cup during his career, he'd certainly be one of the greatest to never win the cup. There will certainly more big games for Alex to come good in in future.

I wouldn't start putting that sort of pressure on him yet. They had a spectacular regular season winning the Presidents Trophy walking away. He is going to get plenty of opportunities to go very deep in the playoffs in the future.

Let us not forget that he has only been in the league since the 2005-2006 season. He is still a 'pup' when you think about it.

Detroit are down 2-0 heading back to the Motor City ( I to call it H
    Town). It looks like San Jose is starting to shake off the ghosts of post-seasons-past.

My beloved Blackhawks were an absolute joke on Saturday night.

Here's hoping for a better showing tonight in the United Center.

• Advertisement

The Blackhawks draw even with the Canucks after a 4-2 win last night in the UC. It's off to Vancouver for games 3 & 4.

Every game is followed with only one day off in this series. With the distances traveled and the number of games being played, there is very little time for either team to lick their wounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭cena

were are ye watching these games.

I've been watching on ESPN. Pittsburgh @ Montreal is on ESPN America (Channel 410 for me) at midnight and San Jose @ Detroit is on ESPN (Channel 407) at 00:30. If you don't have ESPN then you can usually get a stream on www.myp2p.eu :)

Detroit are down 3-0 !!

Ahhhh....somedays it's the little things that make me smile the most.

Boston up 3-0
    San Jose up 3-0
    Pittsburg up 2-1
    Chicago up 2-1

Dustin Byfuglien absolutely owned (Luongo) the Canucks last night. Antti Niemi kept the Hawks in it early and the Canucks completely fell apart mentally in this game taking stupid penalties late.

I am expecting a penalty filled Game Four in Vancouver from all of the whining coming out of one of the locker rooms.

• Advertisement

Habs are outshot but win.. sound familiar? A 3-2 win to tie the series at 2-2. Full credit to them for their incredible resilliance.

Also, Detroit were up 5-0 after the first period tonight. Game is on at the moment but I'm off to sleep.

Detroit woke up (or should I say that The Mule woke up) and destroyed San Jose las night in The Joe.

Boston takes on Philly in the next 10 minutes.

The Blackhawks are in Vancouver tonight. Vancouver was not happy at the last result. Here's hoping the Hawks can continue with their momentum.

Pittsburgh is up 3-2 heading back to Montreal.

Boston is up 3-1 heading back to Boston on Monday night.

San Jose has sent Detroit to the golf course early this season winning the series 4-1.

Chicago is up 3-1 with the Canucks coming into the United Center this evening.

Let's go HAWKS !!

cena wrote: »
    were are ye watching these games.

i found a site that streams... quality's not fantastic, not worth looking at full screen view, but its better than nothing

http://livetv.ru/en/

San Jose has sent Detroit to the golf course early this season winning the series 4-1.

that was impressive.. though i thought detroit were making a statement of intent in game 4, but they didn't fulfill the threat.. turned out nabakov was just having a bad night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 there-there

I'm hoping the Habs to the business tonight. I'm heading over there for a working holiday at the start of June so the further this amazing run goes on the more it looks like I could be there for some serious craic. Wouldn't be surprised if they took tonights game and after that who knows. ALthough looks like Hal Gill could be out which would be a big dent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭cena

i watched the first period of the pens game last night. was nice to watch.

ha cammalleri you beauty... come on you habs

Montreal comes through to tie the series at 3-3 headed back to Steeltown.

Philadelphia pulls out another win to bring the deficit to 3-2.

Chicago is in Vancouver tonight still up 3-2 in the series.

tonight will be a nailbiter... for a team thats played every second day since the 16th of april, habs are hangin in there
    i don;t want to shave my playoff beard yet...

• Advertisement

The Blackhawks are in their way to the Western Conference Finals !!!

Luongo's post game comments were laughable:

'At least I didn't give up seven this time.' (alluding to Game Six of the 2009 Stanley Cup playoffs against the Blackhawks where he gave up seven goals exactly one year to the day of yesterday's Game Six)

"I don't think they're a better team than us, but maybe a smarter team" Really ?? You are 0-5 against the Blackhawks at home in the playoffs over the past two seasons.

The fact that Vancouver had already scheduled the 'Stanley Cup Victory Parade route' makes this all the more special.

Hey Bobby Lu ........Do you know the way to San Jose ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Was gutted when the Sabres went out, but my 2nd team San Jose are still going strong and hopefully they can go all the way this year.

Hoping for Pittsburgh to win tonite as I'll be in Pittsburgh at the start of June. Would love to be there for a big game. The craic would be incredible.

And lets hope the city of Winnipeg FINALLY gets its Jets back!

The defending Stanley Cup Champions have just been dethroned buy the #8 seed in the East.

Pittsburgh's awaits their tee time as Montreal waits to see where they will travel to open the Eastern Conference Finals.

Boston and Philadelphia have to travel back to Beantown to play a Game Seven.

In the meantime, both Western Conference Finalists are in San Jose waiting for the announcement of the schedule for the next round. Nothing can be finalized until the Eastern Conference is set in stone.

Halak,,,wow!!. Fair play to the habs the've turned themselves around from plucky underdogs to a serious force to be reckoned with. Apparently the city is going absolutely bananas at the mo, I get in the 31st so hoping they have another series win in them.
    Allez ch...direct au but

Halak,,,wow!!. Fair play to the habs the've turned themselves around from plucky underdogs to a serious force to be reckoned with. Apparently the city is going absolutely bananas at the mo, I get in the 31st so hoping they have another series win in them.
    Allez ch...direct au but

The Habs will go as far as Halak takes them. They may have worries if they up against a team with any depth in secondary scoring. I don't see anyone with that in the Eastern Conference at the moment.

The Habs will go as far as Halak takes them. They may have worries if they up against a team with any depth in secondary scoring. I don't see anyone with that in the Eastern Conference at the moment.
    And, judging from the last 2 series who knows how far that could be! But it isnt just about him. Cammalleri is "en feu" lately as is Gionta. I woudnt back against them at this stage.

And, judging from the last 2 series who knows how far that could be! But it isnt just about him. Cammalleri is "en feu" lately as is Gionta. I woudnt back against them at this stage.

They're only one line at the moment. They are over-acheiving and playing very well as a team, but I am not sure how long they are going to be able to keep it up.

Whichecer team does end up winning it all is only half-way there at this point. The is a LONG way to go.

keeping an eye on proceedings tonight to see where habs are going on sunday.. like them, i have no preference which team we get, they're both tough opponents who, like habs, weren't expected to make it this far..

They're only one line at the moment. They are over-acheiving and playing very well as a team, but I am not sure how long they are going to be able to keep it up.
    their blue-liners are playing well too though, blocking shots all over the place.. it hasn't been healthy viewing for any habs fans with a heart condition but its been worth the watch

• Advertisement

Absolute EPIC failure on behalf of the Boston Bruins to put away the Philadelphia Flyers last night after being up 3-0 in the series and 3-0 in the game late in the 1st period. One of the greatest comebacks not only in the National hockey League, but in the history of North American professional sports.

Montreal will travel to Philadelphia to play the Flyers on Sunday night.

Chicago has been in San Jose since sending Vancouver to the golf courses on Tuesday night. They tip off with a noon game local time in the Shark Tank.

The slate is clean. The first team to eight wins hoists the hardest trophy in all of sports to win.

Advertisement