Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

My evening has just been made!

My 3 year old was yapping away to herself in bed after I tucked her in so I sat outside her room and had a listen

"I don't want to be (she named a few relatives) or a horse or a doll or a window or a toy truck or a princess or a book or a fence or a ball or a cloud or a castle or a rainbow" this went on for AGES and she's do a little laugh to herself "noooo I don't want to be them, I want to be mammy. I want to be my mammy"

Fcuking hell, nearly cried :')

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

CarMe wrote: »
    My evening has just been made!

My 3 year old was yapping away to herself in bed after I tucked her in so I sat outside her room and had a listen

"I don't want to be (she named a few relatives) or a horse or a doll or a window or a toy truck or a princess or a book or a fence or a ball or a cloud or a castle or a rainbow" this went on for AGES and she's do a little laugh to herself "noooo I don't want to be them, I want to be mammy. I want to be my mammy"

Fcuking hell, nearly cried :')
    ahh here, i'm nearly in tears with that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

My nearly two year old, telling me he wanted tea and toast :) So very cute. I'm a tea addict and I think he just wants tea like mammy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

My 11 and a half year old and I had "the talk" a few months back. She had a fairly good grasp of it or so I thought.

Until she said recently "I want to have 2 kids when I grow up" and I replied "well, make sure you're well grown up when you have them. I don't want to be a granny for at least 20 years".

Her response was to roll her eyes and say "Gawd Mom, obviously when I am young and having sex I'll be using a tampon. I'm not stupid".

I think she might be a little bit stupid. I'm not sure tampons are as effective as condoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

My little fella rolled over for the first time today! Totally surprised me! completely out of the blue - and Daddy was gutted as he only walked in the door 5 min later.

Now the little monkey wont go asleep, just keeps rolling over in the cot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 edison

My 10 month old played peekaboo with himself in the mirror this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

My 15 month old has started giving kisses he runs around clicking his lips and head down waiting for kiss.. When he does it to his 3 month old sister she grabs his head to try eat him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

She's started rambling around the place in the middle of the night recently, getting up to mischief so when I woke up in the middle of the night to find her standing beside my bed, I thought the worst. But all she wanted was to get in with me. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I can give her a pen and paper and she'll quietly draw away for 30 minutes! She's not even one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

He stayed sitting up all on his own for the first time, was well able to sit there for a couple of minutes too! Very proud of himself, smiling away the whole time! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 judychong

My boy was trying to ride on our dog! Way too cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

'Mam, you and Daddy are made for each other,' Cillian (8)
    Not sure what brought that on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

My daughter is ten today :')

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

my son is having a siesta, I am so jealous right now

lynski wrote: »
    my son is having a siesta, I am so jealous right now
    me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Johnny Be Goode

Daddy,your tummy's very big! A three year old. As she's bouncing on it trying to flaten it!In reality I'm not too bad but damn Peppa Pig anyway! ....

My 2 & a half year old has gone from saying "Ahh Fcuk" when he gets annoyed to "Ahh Fooey" ala Donald Duck!

If my little lad hears good boy he claps his hands.. So cute when there 1 years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

My boy didn't need to do anything to make me smile today. He just IS. That's perfection itself. I love him.

f71ad1.jpg

I love black and white....

• Advertisement

My boy didn't need to do anything to make me smile today. He just IS. That's perfection itself. I love him.

f71ad1.jpg

He is gorgeous!

I love black and white....

As are they :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kaycee2

My four year old threw a toy into the front of the car while i was driving today

I asked her why did she that and she said 'mammy i swear i told my arm not to do it but it done it anyway'

Can't argue with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Not my kid specifically but all kids for this one. I love how when I take himself to the playground all the kids who might never have met until that moment just start playing together like old friends. Its such a lovely thing to see especially knowing how they will start at some point to be naturally wary of each other. Its a really special thing about early childhood that I love. Its a shame we lose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

We were in a queue in the shop today buying ice pops and my 3 year old said "mammy, you eat ice pops out of your boobs don't you?!" :-O
    Me: nervous laughter "ehh no, I don't do that"
    3 year old "YOU DO, IT FELL AND AND DROPPED IN YOUR BOOBS, AND YOU SCOOP IT OUT LIKE THIS *does horrible impression* SEE? "
    Me: .....*dies inside*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

eviltwin wrote: »
    Not my kid specifically but all kids for this one. I love how when I take himself to the playground all the kids who might never have met until that moment just start playing together like old friends. Its such a lovely thing to see especially knowing how they will start at some point to be naturally wary of each other. Its a really special thing about early childhood that I love. Its a shame we lose it.

Just today we were at a playground and it was very quiet. we were the only ones there. My daughter (2) was playing in the sandpit and had the 2 buckets. A little girl came in and my daughter was watching her. She picked up the second bucket brought it over and handed it to her then ran back to the sandpit. As the girl stood watching my daughter picked up the shovel and said watch and started filling the bucket. I thought it was so lovely to see. Was so proud of my lil woman sharing .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

The heat had me exhausted today, I was about to keel over. I really needed a break. Baby cheered me up just before bedtime after a long, long day with her on my own. She went into a fit of giggles for two minutes when I played Boo with her toy turtle. It's those moments that make everything worthwhile :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

The first thing she said when she woke up this morning was "Weetabix?", I said "of course, but are you not going to say hi to me first?". She then said "Hello Mama" and gave me a big kiss :D

(followed by "Weetabix?" again....:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Had a friends boys at my house yesterday. One boy got a scratch and my daughter said 'come on inside and Mam will get a plaster from the get well soon box!'

• Advertisement

Bubs took her first steps today :D

Advertisement