Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

hoodwinked wrote: »
    i love this stage when they can actually understand you and do what you say :D

I wish, I find it harder knowing he understands me and takes pleasure in knowing he is doing things to annoy me, the little divil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I wish, I find it harder knowing he understands me and takes pleasure in knowing he is doing things to annoy me, the little divil!

There's nothing quite like hearing a tiny voice shouting 'NO!' in response to a personally reasonable request.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

vitani wrote: »
    There's nothing quite like hearing a tiny voice shouting 'NO!' in response to a personally reasonable request.

I get, "do it yourself mommy" cheeky little monkey :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Another morning in bed with the 2.5 year old girl.

Me: Did you sleep well? Any dreams?
    Her: Yeah, Corry (ps: Corry is her baby doll)
    Me: Really, what was the dream?
    Her: Taking the wall apart.
    Me: :eek: you what?
    Her: Braking it all apart. Taking it down.
    Me: :eek: What the? Which wall? And why?
    Her: That one. It's not lovely.

:rolleyes: Remind me to never let you drink - like EVER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

positron wrote: »
    Another morning in bed with the 2.5 year old girl.

Me: Did you sleep well? Any dreams?
    Her: Yeah, Corry (ps: Corry is her baby doll)
    Me: Really, what was the dream?
    Her: Taking the wall apart.
    Me: :eek: you what?
    Her: Braking it all apart. Taking it down.
    Me: :eek: What the? Which wall? And why?
    Her: That one. It's not lovely.

:rolleyes: Remind me to never let you drink - like EVER.

I woke my 1 year up laughing reading this brilliant! She sounds adorable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Yeah, kids are good fun at around 2 years of age I think (but been warned it's all down hill from here on).

For instance this morning she walks into the kichen and notices something on the patio door.

Her: Oh no, it's all dirty.
    Me: Ah it's alright, it's bird poop. (some acrobatic bird that)
    Her: OH NO! Cheeky Bird! Put nappy on! Cheeky bird! Dis-cutting! Dis-cutting! Dis-cutting! (disgusting)

Today my son (4) was playing out the back with his sister (7)

I put out a pool and tent for them they were having a great time until my son got stung on his foot by a bee.

He was hysterical so after the cream and cuddles he turned around and said
    "buzzbies not my friend anymore Im not going to watch him on telly again" poor little pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

While eating dinner today my 14.5 month old was feeding her self some chicken. Her daddy picked up a piece off the highchair table and ate it. She looked up at him and laughed. She then picked up another piece and tried to feed it to him so he bent down and let her put it in to his month. She was shocked when he took it but then started to laugh. She looked back at the table but there was none left so she spat the half chewed piece out of her own mouth to give to him and got thick when he wouldn't take it.
    He had to give her more so she could feed him so he wouldn't have to take the chewed up piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

My "child" is 16 years old. He didn't speak to me all day. I am smiling! It's nearly 5 to 9 at night, will I make a full day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

I'm teaching my 2 year old to go 'oh snap!' at the moment, complete with hand gestures. It makes me laugh, anyway :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

My sis-in-law was chatting to the 3 year old and asked him who his best friend was and his reply was: "Mammy."

Hilarious and cute now, but in 3 years' time, not so much....

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

My 19 month old girl has a new nick name for me Daddy-um

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

My 10 month old could not fall asleep last night. He kept popping his dody out, screeching and trying to sit up. I knew he was exhausted because he kept rubbing his eyes. That, and it was after 9 pm.

I find that trapping him between my body and another pillow at his back normally sends him to sleep. Not sure why this is. But, because he needed a little extra help, I started to rub his back. He is majorly ticklish and every time I would rub up a particular part of his back he would start to chuckle to himself. It took me a couple of rubs to realise that I was tickling him and that was causing him to laugh.

It took some amount of will power to stop because the sound of his little laugh is so adorable and I could have listened to it all night.

Love ya Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Ok, this is a weird one.

A dirty nappy and she told me she was doing it !!!!

let me explain

Our youngest ( now 2 )was born with a condition called Imperforate Anus , basically she had not bottom hole.
    From 1 day old she had a colostomy bag.
    So now , 3 operations later , she has a fully functioning bottom thanks to the amazing team at Temple St. She did her first dirty nappy back in Feb when her colostomy was closed , but the last 2-3 weeks she is telling us she is going .

This is great news because it means she can feel it !! so hopefully she will be able to control things ' down there ' .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

@Davidth88

Tears in my eyes. Cutest story ever.

Continued best wishes to you and your family.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Lisha wrote: »
    @Davidth88

Tears in my eyes. Cutest story ever.

Continued best wishes to you and your family.
    :)

Thanks , should have said she is 2 years old now , and the cutest smiliest thing .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

That's a wonderful story! It must be a great feeling for you after the surgeries. I'm sure it was very stressful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

The other day I found out I wasn't getting my wages until near Christmas. Due to the company being in administration.
    My rent is due Monday, so I had to get a loan to cover it. A very stressful week for us needless to say. We were in an awful moods as you could imagine.

Then 2 nights ago, our 18 month old son started walking for the first time. Really lifted our spirits! Its amazing how kids can make you forget about the worst situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Yesterday on the bus my kids where trying to outdo each other.They were saying where stuff was like the engine is in the back of the bus.
    My 5 year old said cows gave us mik.So i asked him where it came from.He said it came out of the cows bottom.So funny the woman beside us was laughing to herself.

The 3 year old at the beach last was week wouldnt walk through the water as he thought it was cabbage in the water.We laughed and told him it was seaweed.

@davidth88

Like lishas post above what a cutie.

Hope all is well.

What a beautiful post :) xx

• Advertisement

The other day I found out I wasn't getting my wages until near Christmas. Due to the company being in administration.
    My rent is due Monday, so I had to get a loan to cover it. A very stressful week for us needless to say. We were in an awful moods as you could imagine.

Then 2 nights ago, our 18 month old son started walking for the first time. Really lifted our spirits! Its amazing how kids can make you forget about the worst situations.
    Hope everything works out for you, been in a similar situation, its great my kids are my world make me smile even the sad days take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭moochers

About a year ago I was going for a walk with my two boys, when my youngest asked me, 'Mum, Whats a racist'. I spent about ten minutes explaining how horrible racism is, and that we should treat everyone equally etc etc. My son then said, 'Mum, I asked you what an oasis is'. Seriously need to get my ears checked.

When my oldest boy was about twenty months old, he pointed at a cute little puppy and said, 'look a doggy baby'. Cutest thing ever!

BTW LOVE THIS THREAD:D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭moochers

My ten year old sons class had to write a letter a school and then post it to their parents. One of the mums was telling me that her daughter sent her a two page letter, very eloquently written and full of the schools day to day activities. This is my sons letter, exactly as it was written to me.

Dear Mum,
    I am writing this letter from scool. I have a mats test on Monday. I love you ,
    from your son,
    R.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My 19 month old slept until 7.30 this morning rather than 6am. I feel like I had the best lie in ever :)

All this week my 12 month old started taking his first steps, didnt think id get so emotinal hes my 3rd I was laughing and crying at the same time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I hurt my back recently and every time i bend down to do sonething or pick up simething i left a ugh grunt .
    My 15 month old loves watching me peel the potatoes and picks up any skin that misses the bin and throws it in for me but today any time she had to bend down she let a UGH grunt out of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Suucee wrote: »
    I hurt my back recently and every time i bend down to do sonething or pick up simething i left a ugh grunt .
    My 15 month old loves watching me peel the potatoes and picks up any skin that misses the bin and throws it in for me but today any time she had to bend down she let a UGH grunt out of her.
    I love how much they copy things at that age!
    Myself and the OH have allergies so half the year we're always blowing our noses. Now when L gets his hands on a tissue, he puts it up to his nose and blows! (and then laughs!).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm expecting a new baby in a couple of months and this morning I asked our three year old if he wanted to go to the shop and pick out a new teddy for the baby to have.

"It's okay, Mama, he can have my Baby Bear."

Baby Bear is one of his three bear family that resides in his bed next to his pillow. Sweet little guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭laurpat

When my son of 2 yrs 8 mths sees that I may be getting a little cross the following starts :

“You got nice grass Daddy” – As he knows I take pride in my garden.

“Nice shed Daddy” – I just built a new shed and talk a lot about it

“Daddy got a new Car, nice car Daddy” – As I changed car recently.

I just melt...

Finally, every time I come in from any trip even if it was just to the shop for milk my son tells me - “ I missed you when at work Daddy” – while giving the puppy dog eyes and the pouted lip....

What hope do I have when he’s a teenager...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

My 6 week old went over 5 hours between feeds during the night last night - longest stretch ever. Definitely made me smile :)

Advertisement