Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I was at the checkout in Dunnes yesterday and opened my purse to find that my credit card was missing (I'd left it behind in a previous store). I'm mortified and just when I think it can't get any worse my five year starts singing Aloe Blacc's "I need a dollar" at the top of her voice. I so wanted to die :o:o:o The other customers thought it was hilarious though :(:D

Hahaha that's actually brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

My folks came to visit us over the weekend... My dad was holding my little fella (2) in his arms at the door, really clear evening and he pointed up to the sky and said "look at the star"... Little fella responds "No Grandad... that's a planet" (a few days ago I had been telling him that the really bright "star" is in fact a planet called Venus), didn't know if it went in at the time, but the look on my old mans face when he was pwned by his grandson was priceless... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I always have the radio on, telly only goes on when hubby gets in from work (sports aaaarrrgh), anyway they have been playing the euro 2012 song a lot "Rocky road to Poland" (as opposed to Rocky road to Dublin), anyway at the end it goes "Ireland Abu, we love, Ireland Abu", well my nearly 3 year old is going around all morning singing, "Ireland are poo, we love Ireland are poo". It is so funny, got him on video camera singing it, sure to embarrass him in years to come!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I was at the checkout in Dunnes yesterday and opened my purse to find that my credit card was missing (I'd left it behind in a previous store). I'm mortified and just when I think it can't get any worse my five year old starts singing Aloe Blacc's "I need a dollar" at the top of her voice. I so wanted to die :o:o:o The other customers thought it was hilarious though :(:D

love it, that is so cute!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

My 6yo son was cutting out pics of animals. There was pics on both sides of page and he happened to dismember an animal on the other side.

So I said, "you've cut off an ear"
    he drops the scissors and puts both hands up to his ears and states in a serious voice "no I haven't"

It did make me laugh,
    also this same 6 yo got his 6 month old brother in fits of laughter this evening....now that is infectious :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My 10 week old is a Beatles fan! He loves when we sing to him, so yesterday I spent nearly half an hour singing Yellow submarine, Hello Goodbye, All you need is love etc to him, his was in fits, and moving like a mad thing, it was hilarious! (luckily he doesn't mind that I can't sing!)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

My OH's uncle Gaston sadly died last week and we told the kids that although he was no longer around he'd be in our hearts forever.

A couple of days later I was replacing a hard-drive and warned my son (nearly 5) not to go near the PC as he risked getting a shock (it was plugged out, but I didn't want him messing with it). So his sister (nearly 3) came along and wanted to have a good old root around inside the box. He warned her not to touch it in case of a shock and explained that this was when the electricity shot out and ran up your arm into your heart. She looked at him for a second and asked "And Gaston will pop out?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Guess what dad, I'm pregnant

• Administrators Posts: 13,861 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

The 3 year old was looking a bit sheepish and hiding something behind his back. He eventually pulled out a lump of half chewed raw black pudding and said "Is it ok if I eat this, it's really yummy?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

keithob wrote: »
    Mammy bought a new scissors ... it was put away in a what we though was a secure place...

I went out for an hour or so to come back to see Mammy crying because ....

Our 5 year old decided to be a hairdresser and cut his sister (3 y/o) fringe and sides of her hair off... her hair was stunning before hand ... now it is in ruin.... she had hair like dora the explorer now its like sinead oconnor.

i hadnt got it in me to give out to him....! he thought he ws doing her good!!!

love to post before and after pics... priceless.

Would love to see the pics! I did that to my sister years ago when we were little uns, the mess it made of her hair! It was only her fringe I hacked off.
    It started that I tried to cut a little bit off, but it wasn't straight so I had to cut another bit.......and another bit :o Poor kid had about 1" of fringe left when I'd finished!

The newest addition to our family is just over a week old today & it melts my heart the way his little hand wraps around my finger when I'm feeding him his bottle :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I gave up smoking a few weeks ago then under duress from our four year old my oh gave up two weeks ago. The four year old was telling my mother in law that mammy and daddy gave up smoking and how great we were for giving up and now he was going to be a good boy and give up something bad as well. And she asked "what do have do thats bad enough to give up?" "Oh I'm giving up snot" We laughed so much when she told us:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

The 3 year old was looking a bit sheepish and hiding something behind his back. He eventually pulled out a lump of half chewed raw black pudding and said "Is it ok if I eat this, it's really yummy?"
    LOL
    | thought mine were the only ones who ate weird things, i have found half-eaten chirozo sausage, mushrooms, dry pasta, all sorts. i have to hide the vegs as they love carrots and peppers and tomatos.
    my 3 yr old will ask for spagetti bol for breakfast and boiled spuds for elevenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My little man learned to ride his bike with stabilisers...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

15mo son realised he can see me in the car mirror if he stretches up as far as he can!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I'm a catholic, not hugely practising (as in mass etc) but with a lot of faith, my partner is an atheist.
    Last week in school my 4yr old son told his teacher that his Daddy didn't believe in God, he believes in the big bang.....followed by 'but I believe that God made the big bang'

He knows how to keep both his parents smiling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

the fact that 4yos are questioned about god in school is deeply troubling to me.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Statistician

ninja900 wrote: »
    the fact that 4yos are questioned about god in school is deeply troubling to me.

Four year olds know about as much as anyone else about philosophy, God and all that stuff. Why not question them? - we might get some answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

My 7yro roped me into playing hurling with Dad and himself. I never played it before and had beginners luck and he shouted at his Dad: *Look, Dad, the old lady is in fine shape!* - I nearly died laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

"shake shake yo booty mommy!" -- my 2 year old as she wiggled her bum at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

ninja900 wrote: »

He wasn't 'questioned' in school, it was during a religion class. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 vivienmelican

Lat night at bedtime my 2.5 year old daughter, ran over to her oink oink (name for her pig moneybox), kissed it and said nightnight money! she is taking after her father!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭bigtom71

My 5 year old daughter said not to drive to the school as it 'does the damage in the Earth and puts a hole in the sky.' I make her walk most days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

'Mam, teacher taught us all about that bloke Albert Frankenstein who has the mad hair and invented that forumla in school today.....'

The ten year old got his inventors and his monsters mixed up I think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

My 18 month old daughter counted to 10 (skipping 4.... for some reason she misses 4!) and got as far as the letter H in her ABCs (skipping the letter F!)

Nearly made me cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Wy wife has been experiencing a lot of discomfort caused by PGP, she's pregnant with No. 3. At the weekend she'd made it to the breakfast table but was in a lot of pain that morning. Our 5-year old disappeared into the playroom, and came out five minutes later with a big and a small love-heart cut from red paper, with "I love you" written on them. One was for his Mammy, the other smaller one was for the baby. He then made two little ones for his little sister too, and two for me so nobody would feel left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Lately Cillian, (6) has become enthralled with all things medieval. Last night he set up jousting lists in the back garden with bamboo canes and a rope and spent a happy hour pretending to knock knights out of the saddle. :D
    Later on I was informed that he wants to be a 'king' when he grows up as they have the best swords and armour.

I'm hoping he doesn't find out about the trebuchet or I'm in right bother.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Pandora2 wrote: »
    My 23 year old arrived home on Mother's Day (I was expecting that) too late to cook but just in time for lunch, and then informed me that the nicest Mother's Day Gift she could think of was to move back in and could we give her a hand emptying the car!! I am informed that it will be for 3/4 weeks, 6/7 at the longest:rolleyes:

I've just finished her washing and am making her favourite for tea but have spent all day practicing my "Not Impressed! face in the mirror!! Wouldn't do to let her know, she made my day!!!!

I got a lovely bouquet and some very expensive perfume too, just have to figure out where to hide the perfume from my daughters now!!!;)

She will be staying indefinetly, a Year perhaps:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

the 3yr old said 'daddy can i ask you a question?' 'sure honey' 'how does coffee filters make coffee?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

tucked my 2 year old into bed, (her dad is away for the weekend) and out of nowhere she just said "you're the best mom, night night".

she's never said that before so i was caught completely of guard, she'd usually just say "i love you".

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My 3 year old and his cousin of the same age ran into a public toilet so I ran in after them to make sure they got out safe!

My son shouts, 'look daddy, a fishy' which was an odd thing to say in a public toilet. I noticed that he was looking at a crude drawing of a penis on the wall. I managed to get them both out without them touching anything while holding my sides with the laughter. They didnt know what was so funny.

Advertisement