Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Little fella (2 and a half) this morning when I got him up and dressed and about to go downstairs for breakfast stopped me at the top of the stairs and said

Little fella: "NOOOOOO Daddy, there's crocodiles down there" points downstairs
    Me: "Is there"
    Little fella: " Yeah... 2 crocodiles
    Me: "Wow... 2 crocodiles... Don't worry I think they're gone now"

*Pick him up and he throws his arms around me and holds me tight and says*

"Don't worry I'll save you Daddy" :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

My daughter finally decided she would deign to speak English with her grandparents.

"wee-wee, poo, bum"

Be careful what you wish for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

My 4 year old boy was in Tesco's and came out with this to a bunch of teenage girls.

"Hello ladies"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I was travelling in the car today with my six year old and when we passed one of these ESB pylons she said

"Mammy, look at the baby Eiffel Tower" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

On the way into the bank recently, going through the time lock doors, with my 18 month old. I usually let her press the lower height button to open the door as a little job while we wait - just for something for her to do. There happened to be another man in there at the time, he didn't see her and went to push the higher level button. She got a bit peed off at this and said 'No man, No. For Ella!' and pointed at herself! He was in stitches but she was delighted that he lifted her up to press the higher ones :D:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

My 3 year old boy went to the loo with is Daddy in the supermarket the other day. They both needed a wee so off they went. Little man went first and then my hubby, to which the little man said at the top of his voice in a public toilet......"Daddy, I don't have a hairy bum or a hairy willy like you!"
    What do you say to that?? :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My nearly 5 yeay old boy watching a bit of The Queen film before bed. (No idea why but he loves the Queen since the nonstop visit coverage):D
    Film showed clip of Diana sitting on edge of ship's diving board )You know the famous picture I mean)
    He looked at it and said " but who made her walk the plank??"

Strange and nearly true in a weird way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

My 7 yr old son explained to me this morning, very solemnly I might add, that when the world cup starts in 2 years, the group teams only go up as far as the letter 'H'.

All the groups a, b, c, d, e, f, g & h means that everyone in our family, because of their initial names, will have a group apart from me.

He then sighed and sadly looked at me as if this is the most devastating thing to ever happen a person.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

My little man has been clapping handies the last week,when ever we say "yay!" he claps his hands. :D
    Today he waved purposely for the first time... he wasn't waving to me or his daddy though, but waving goodbye to Iggle Piggle! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

My brother and sister-in-law were attending a wedding and stayed at our house at the weekend. She came down the stairs all dressed up with a lovely black feathered headpiece. Cue my two year old pointing and shouting "birdie" at it! She tried to put it on his head but he ran away scared:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

My daughter (2.5yrs) woke me up today with a big kiss and a cuddle, great way to wake up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

kryogen wrote: »
    My daughter (2.5yrs) woke me up today with a big kiss and a cuddle, great way to wake up :)

Ha ha - my 3 year old woke me one night last week at 3.20am with a big proud face, saying "I slept all night in my own bed!!" - eh........no!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

My 7 year old is taking medicine at the minute and was asking me what drugs were so I was trying to explain there are good and bad drugs - he'd overheard the news where someone had been arrested for drug possession so I think this was in his mind. As I was trying to explain I was making things worse so I said it's a bit complicated and we would leave it there. Silence for a few seconds followed by "its okay mommy if you don't know it"
    Followed by me trying not to laugh:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I don't have a child but one due in a month so I'm going to give an anecdote I heard ;)!

My sister told me that when my nieces were maybe 2 or 3, they happened to see their dad going from the bed to the bathroom (he sleeps in the nip). One neice says "look, daddy's got a poo" and the other one says "look, daddy's got a tail". I guess they think a poo or tail can appear at the front somehow. He wore jammie bottoms after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Mink your story reminds me of something similar with my cousins. Their mum had three of them (1 boy, 2 girls) in the bath together.
    One of the girls tried to pick their baby brother up by his "tail" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

last weekend on fathers day, I was told "heres your card. its mummys day for daddys today" :D

another time child was crying, afterwards i was told "theres crying in my eyes"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

my 3yr old was looking at a photo of my dad who passed away last year and she said 'my brutur met gandad lots of times and i didn't' So i said 'yes that is true' and the inevitable 'i wanted to met gandad lots of times but i can't' cue tears from me, but I smiled too because he made enough impact on a then 2yr old that she wanted to know him better.

Trying to get some shut-eye on Sunday morning, I put on a film for the kids, who voted unanimously for The Lion King. Twenty minutes later the film had stopped and I went to check on them.
    "Are you not watching the film?" I asked the 5 year old.
    "No, it's just too cruel and that Scar's such a hypocrite!"

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

My 4 year old son (at the time) announcing to myself and my best friend -

"I can't wait to be grown up cause i'm going to get some girl and i'm going to marry and i'm going to live in a castle and have a dog. And I can't wait!"

My best friend, through tears of laughter asks him how will he know when he's grown up enough to get married.

"I won't need to do that. I'll just know when I see her".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

My 2 year old walks in with a sweeping brush,
    "Mom im cleaning"
    she then sweeps the floor,
    walks up to me puts out her hand and says:
    "Now give me the money please!"

:D would love to know where she got that one from!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,481 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Mink wrote: »
    My sister told me that when my nieces were maybe 2 or 3, they happened to see their dad going from the bed to the bathroom (he sleeps in the nip). One neice says "look, daddy's got a poo" and the other one says "look, daddy's got a tail". I guess they think a poo or tail can appear at the front somehow. He wore jammie bottoms after that.

So what. At 2 or 3 our daughter went through a phase of thinking 'boobies' were hilarious. Although when she said daddy has boobies it wasn't quite as hilarous... never remarked about the other thing. Boys have X and girls have Y and it's not an occaision for catholic guilt or excessive modesty or shame for kids unless their parents make it into one.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

So at the age of 11 months and a few days , our little one decided that walking across the kitchen to Daddy was a cool thing to do.

She's had a tough start ( 10 days in Temple St , operation at 24hrs old , two more subsequent ops , and 2 to go ......... but there you go )

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

I was at a family wedding a few weeks back and chatting to a group of female family members about the hassle of getting ready; make-up, tan etc and my eight year old male cousin came over to join the conversation. We continued on the same topic and turned to him and told him he was lucky he was a boy and didn't have to bother with said preparations and he replied 'yeah and I don't have to have caesareans either!'

• Registered Users Posts: 34,481 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Almost-18month-old was in the car today going to the shops. As we were going past the library (nobody mentioned it) he said 'book', 'book', 'book'

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

My friend's 6 year old to me last week:

"Any dog I've ever petted has never bit me."
    *looks wistfully into the distance*
    "I'm like a dog whisperer."

My son shows his feminist side:
    I was telling the story of The Leopard Who Came to Lunch (it's not plagiarism, it's an homage!) and my daughter asked was the mammy in the house as well. I said she was at work. My son cackled "A mammy who works? That's nonsense!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Our daughter was 3 at the start of this month,

Last night we were playing trivial pursuit family edition when she asked if she could play, I jokingly told her she could only play if she got the first question right...

i picked up the card for children and asked her the question corresponding to the colour she just landed on,

and she got it right! :eek:

:)

For the record the question was "which of these is a whale's blubber: tears, children or fat?" she replied "whales swim in the water" so I asked for her answer and she replied "fat".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

My six year old and I went shopping for a new vacuum cleaner today. I ended up purchasing Henry.

When we got back to the house, we unpacked Henry and my daughter was looking at the instruction booklet which featured pictures of other models of vacuum cleaners.

She starts to cry and I ask her what the matter is...

"Mammy, we have to hurry back to the shop, we left Henry's girlfriend[Hetty] behind. Henry will be so lonely without her. Hurry Mammy we better go back fast we can't leave her on the shelf".

I really couldn't believe my ears :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

MrsD007 wrote: »
    "Mammy, we have to hurry back to the shop, we left Henry's girlfriend[Hetty] behind. Henry will will be so lonely without her. Hurry Mammy we better go back fast we can't leave her on the shelf".

I really couldn't believe my ears :D:D:D

Leave her on the shelf LOLz.

2 year old to me, at Nana's house, 'put on fireman sam' me ignoring her as noise can drive some adults mad. Nana say's eventually 'Ill put on SAm for you'
    Tyrant replies 'Yes nana, you do it now.... quick' while pointing emphatically at her

:rolleyes: gotta love Nana

Advertisement