Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭raher1

When is the big road starting, no elections this year

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭busyatwork

raher1 wrote: »
    When is the big road starting, no elections this year

Its supposed to have started now and a compound is under construction ,,but it has being starting since last march 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭prunudo

busyatwork wrote: »
    Its supposed to have started now and a compound is under construction ,,but it has being starting since last march 2014

There's ads on donedeal looking for truck drivers, machine operators and labourers for the scheme. Says positions will be starting in the next few days.

http://www.donedeal.ie/view/8471253
    Truck / Plant Drivers Wanted

jvan wrote: »
    There's ads on donedeal looking for truck drivers, machine operators and labourers for the scheme. Says positions will be starting in the next few days.

I have seen the add but they dont seem to have any jobs up for the moterway

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

jvan wrote: »
    I have seen the add but they dont seem to have any jobs up for the motorway

On the ad it says these jobs will be available next week. Strange that they are not up now though.

I doubt they will have any trouble finding the labour force for that.

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »
    On the ad it says these jobs will be available next week. Strange that they are not up now though.

I doubt they will have any trouble finding the labour force for that.

A they are only asking companies to advertise with them ,the add on donedeal is only promoting them cscs tickets
    ya shur Roadbridge have a crew of men who go around with them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Forgive my ignorance, but I take it that Milltown and Ballindine will not be bypassed as part of the Tuam bypass? Seems a bit of a pity that they'll get left out given their proximity to Tuam. But on the other hand, getting Tuam along with Claregalway and all those other bottlenecks bypassed within the next 2-3 years will be fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭sonnyblack

Forgive my ignorance, but I take it that Milltown and Ballindine will not be bypassed as part of the Tuam bypass? Seems a bit of a pity that they'll get left out given their proximity to Tuam. But on the other hand, getting Tuam along with Claregalway and all those other bottlenecks bypassed within the next 2-3 years will be fantastic!

There's a separate scheme for bypassing tuam and Milltown but I'm not sure of the current status or programme

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

sonnyblack wrote: »
    There's a separate scheme for bypassing tuam and Milltown but I'm not sure of the current status or programme

The tuam bypass is part of this project isn't it?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    The tuam bypass is part of this project isn't it?

Apologies, meant that there was a separate scheme for Milltown and Ballindine. It would be great if they could progress this at the same time and open it with the Gort Tuam scheme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Apologies, meant that there was a separate scheme for Milltown and Ballindine. It would be great if they could progress this at the same time and open it with the Gort Tuam scheme

Is that to link up to the claremorris bypass?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭boosabum

Would there be a need, ballindine doesn't seem like it needs to be bypassed since it's a straight through road with no lights or major exits, same with Milltown ?

boosabum wrote: »
    Would there be a need, ballindine doesn't seem like it needs to be bypassed since it's a straight through road with no lights or major exits, same with Milltown ?

Heres a link to a separate thread on the proposed route

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055932635

I guess it would be good not to come off a motorway back onto a mediocre road again. It would be more preferable to have a decent road as far as Claremorris

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Heres a link to a separate thread on the proposed route

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055932635

I guess it would be good not to come off a motorway back onto a mediocre road again. It would be more preferable to have a decent road as far as Claremorris

Cant see this progressing while Limerick to Cork has such a cattle track of a link. Alot of projects id put over this one. Adare, most of N24, N4 Collooney-CastleBaldwin, M4 and M7 widening to at least 20 miles out of Dublin etc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Cant see this progressing while Limerick to Cork has such a cattle track of a link. Alot of projects id put over this one. Adare, most of N24, N4 Collooney-CastleBaldwin, M4 and M7 widening to at least 20 miles out of Dublin etc

Especially when you consider a large portion of the worst section between Tuam and Claremorris have been removed in the past few years.
    The worst portion of road between tuam and milltown was straightened and widened a few years ago and the portion of road between Ballindine and Milltown where a number of accidents happened has also been sorted to a point. Still a few poor bits on that road to be fair but its a lot better than it was 4/5 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

kippy wrote: »
    Especially when you consider a large portion of the worst section between Tuam and Claremorris have been removed in the past few years.
    The worst portion of road between tuam and milltown was straightened and widened a few years ago and the portion of road between Ballindine and Milltown where a number of accidents happened has also been sorted to a point. Still a few poor bits on that road to be fair but its a lot better than it was 4/5 years ago.

Ahem we have a taoiseach from mayo, can see it getting funded

gally74 wrote: »
    Ahem we have a taoiseach from mayo, can see it getting funded

Outside of Ballaghadreen and Longford (at a stretch), both already in the planning stage when he was elected, he hasnt done much for the county. Getting a decent spur off N4 at Carrick on Shannon would have done alot more for Mayo-Dublin traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Outside of Ballaghadreen and Longford (at a stretch), both already in the planning stage when he was elected, he hasnt done much for the county. Getting a decent spur off N4 at Carrick on Shannon would have done alot more for Mayo-Dublin traffic

Well, he wasn't a patch on P. Flynn if that's what you mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Woodcliffe

Just Off the phone with a guy who works for Roadbridge, first batch of machines are leaving from Cork port after arriving from New Caledonia and heading for Tuam Today...

Keep an eye out ye should see some action soon :) Keep me posted !

Woodcliffe wrote: »
    Just Off the phone with a guy who works for Roadbridge, first batch of machines are leaving from Cork port after arriving from New Caledonia and heading for Tuam Today...

Where is new caledonia ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Where is new caledonia ;)

France.

(well, legally... Australia is a better estimation!)

I would of thought wexford was the port for the likes of that equipment coming in ,,
    the last man i was talking to from roadbridge said 3 weeks but i think nobody has a clue when they will start not even the men in charage

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sim card

Woodcliffe wrote: »

They have arrived alright. I just seen them on the Ennis bypass on the way to Tuam.

Few pictures be nice ,anyone :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

New Caledonia, how random.

spacetweek wrote: »
    New Caledonia, how random.

Why is that random

Why is that random

Who cares?!

Any pictures/sightings of them in Tuam?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Signs up around Kilternan school for the project

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭ratracer

And we're off:

724C86958B0C4151B7F3BE3A331DD995-0000362220-0003718522-00640L-A8D74C0F27EB492787AC372570C5B2AD.jpg

13C532326429477995661E4E6BA7C532-0000362220-0003718521-00640L-85B146E516F34C8EAB3114ED3B7836A6.jpg

This section of road is almost parallel to the railway line, and behind the village of Labane.

• Advertisement

It defo a good start ,
    the whole project is being split into 3 sections Roadbridge Sisk and lagan
    we know Roadbridge is prepsring to start the earth works on there section
    sisk dont know anything
    Lagan ,,havnt even selected anyone to do the earth works on there section and wont be useing their own plant
    so its moving along but it will be well into march before we see haul roads and black smoke

Advertisement