Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M17/M18 - Gort to Tuam [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    Will this make getting from Limerick to Galway quicker? Or will the existing Gort to Galway road be the quickest way?[/QUOTE

With a motorway yes of course it will

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    Will this make getting from Limerick to Galway quicker? Or will the existing Gort to Galway road be the quickest way?

Slightly better, but if they had done it with a bit of sense it would be a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Woodcliffe

Heard from good source, that Roadbridge have shipped some of there 70 & 80 ton excavators from a project in New Caledonia, in advance of the main bulk earthworks to commence mid February or early March this year. Plant arriving to Cork Next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Work officially started 15 January 2015. Hurray

red bull wrote: »
    Work officially started 15 January 2015. Hurray

Whereabouts?

• Advertisement

Tuam bypass

Of course they have to start at the part useless to me ;)

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Of course they have to start at the part useless to me ;)

Useless to most of us

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

JillyQ wrote: »
    Useless to most of us

Nope..... passes right by my door :D

Tuam bypass

How do you know, source or visibly see them working... thanks

• Advertisement

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Nope..... passes right by my door :D

One of the few people who live in mayo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭ratracer

A couple of walls have been broken/ entry points created on the Gort side also, near Labane. As I mentioned earlier, CPO'd houses have been demolished this week also.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 3rdforum

Does anyone know if there will be access to the new motorway from the old N6? It will cross over near Mother hubbards, a few miles outside Oranmore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

3rdforum wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there will be access to the new motorway from the old N6? It will cross over near Mother hubbards, a few miles outside Oranmore

No

Carnacalla wrote: »
    One of the few people who live in mayo :)

Tuam is in County Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Nath

Here links to maps of the various schemes

N17 N18 Gort Tuam PPP scheme - Map
    http://www.galway.ie/en/media/N17%20N18%20Gort%20Tuam%20PPP%20scheme%20-%20Map.pdf

Tuam Bypass - Overall Scheme
    http://www.galway.ie/en/media/Overall%20Scheme.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭busyatwork

I haven't got time to read through all this thread ;)

rough estimates

when is the gort -oranmore section going to be finished ?

The same time as the gort to tuam,, early 2018

well thats succinct lol! Am I correct in saying then that the only access to it will be Tuam, Rathmorrisey and Gort? ( The map on the NRA site isn't very clear)

well thats succinct lol! Am I correct in saying then that the only access to it will be Tuam, Rathmorrisey and Gort? ( The map on the NRA site isn't very clear)

Annagh and Kiltiernan

This one is very clear
    Amtmann wrote: »
    Just to recapitulate the details of this scheme:
    • 53.2 km of motorway from Gort to Tuam
    • 4.2 km of Type 2 dual carriageway passing to the west of Tuam town, to its termination point on the N17 north of Tuam at Mountpotter
    • 4 grade separated junctions at Kilternan (N67), Rathmorrisy (N6), Annagh Hill (N63) and Airgloony (R332)
    • 3 Roundabout junctions at: Kilmore (N17); Mountpotter (N17) and Demesne (N83)
    • 2 Railway Bridges – one over the live Galway Dublin line and the second over the currently disused Athenry Claremorris line near Tuam
    • 5 River Bridges over the Clarinbridge, Dunkellin, Abbert, Grange and Nanny Rivers
    • 31 Road Bridges

tuam-gort.jpg

• Advertisement

many thanks.

So coming from galway city it will either kilternan or rathmorrisy where you get on?

Tuam is in County Galway

Arnt I stupid ?

So coming from galway city it will either kilternan or rathmorrisy where you get on?

Probably be just as handy to go through Kilcolgan on the old road and join up at Kiltiernan

Probably be just as handy to go through Kilcolgan on the old road and join up at Kiltiernan

Kiltiernan, even in little/no traffic is about 20 minutes from the junction at Glennascaul (start of the motorway) or more due to the junctions and villages that have to be navigated (lots of lower speed limits on the route). That's if you're lucky and don't get caught behind someone.

Rathmorrisey is 8km from the start of the motorway, Kiltiernan is about 12-15km from Rathmorrisey on the motorway route. Total time should be a comfortable 15 minutes.

ooops, that would be correct. I had the starting point of Oranmore in my head for some reason.

Carnacalla wrote:
    One of the few people who live in mayo 

nope again.... live in Galway

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    nope again.... live in Galway

Sorry. I realised my mistake earlier when someone pointed out tuam was in galway.
    My fault.

Carnacalla wrote:
    Sorry. I realised my mistake earlier when someone pointed out tuam was in galway. My fault.

No biggie, I can confirm offices are being dropped and serviced this evening at Tuam. I took picture and will upload tomorrow... currently on mobile

• Advertisement

Advertisement